Republicans Introduce Resolution Criticizing ‘Omission’ of Clarence Thomas from Smithsonian...

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's up to people how and who they honor.

Nobody is obligated to honor someone.

White folks name schools and roads after ? members and confederate soldiers....they damn sure don't dictate to us who we honor and who we dont.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I NEVER KNEW BEING NUMBER 2 entitled you to be recognized. Black people.....Stop being pathetic.

YES It ACTUALLY does if there are only 2
  • zzombie
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    We have only had two black supreme court justices how the f*** can you justify leaving one of them out of a place of respect. The man deserves to be in the f****** Museum.

It is the national museum of African American history and only two African Americans Supreme Court Justices ever lived and it's a shame white people have to fight for him to be in there

It ain't shame if he was always on the wrong side of black issues. That is how you justify it. That man if it came down to a vote probably would've voted against having that museum in the first place.

Thomas has always stood on the opposite side of the street when it came to black issues but he should be put in the same place of respect as black people who have been murdered fighting for black causes?

That is disrespectful IMO. How do you make that make sense?

You love and respect Marcus Garvey. It would be right to you for someone like Thomas to be right next to Garvey and damn near held in the same esteem?

Marcus Garvey was a pan-africanist meaning that he wanted ALL blacks to be united and respected. ALL black folks even those with differing political ideologies DESERVE THE RESPECT THEIR STATION HAS EARNED THEM so that would include Clarence Thomas.... black people have this tendency to kick ? they don't agree with out of the race and that's ? .

just because his idea of blackness does not match yours does not mean he should BE GIVEN his rightful place.

A person deserved to be placed on the sideline if their political ideologies hurt black people. To say its a basic disagreement is downplaying the ? a lot people out here doing.

Its not about his idea of blackness this man votes in favor of laws and precedent that is crippling to black people. Yet black people should honor him. I can't agree with that.

His place in history is solid and can NEVER be taken away but I don't feel he deserved to be honored by black people.

WELL see that is your opinion not everyone agrees with you not all black people agree with you.... the bold is all your opinion i don't agree with all his legal opinions but to say he crippled black people shows more about your idea of were black people are than his.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I NEVER KNEW BEING NUMBER 2 entitled you to be recognized. Black people.....Stop being pathetic.

That's so ? stupid...
  • zzombie
    edited December 2016
    Options

That's so ? stupid...

You would say that because you are dumb as a box of rocks.... if you point to the 1 and forget or disregard the 2 then what you are effectively teaching is that the 1 was a fluke of history. People take historical pride is consistency and LONG standing ability not outliers and aberrations

blacks only acknowledging one supreme court justice is what would be stupid.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    They have all the pull in this world and still find ? to complain about

They wont be happy until blacks ? them
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png
    He doesn't even honor his own achievements.
  • zzombie
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png

No but what he is doing is honoring his principles by doing that
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm slightly divided on this, but not much. One hand, it IS a major accomplishment to be a Supreme Court Justice, and Thomas probably should be celebrated in that regard.

On the other hand....? him AND the Repubs backing him up.

For YEARS, this man has ? all over the black community with countless decisions that have not given black people justice. Now that his "chickens have come home to roost", so to speak, now they want to cry foul? Nah. The game don't work like that.

THIS is what happens when your turn on your people. Your people will turn right back on you. He'll be fine. He didn't want anything from the black community from jump, so what's he crying about, right?
  • jono
    Options
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png

Then by principle he knows he doesn't deserve it. Therefore this is a dead issue
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would love to hear Clarence's thoughts on the omission
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thomas and his republican masters have been arguing for years that affirmative action is wrong bc it puts people of color places where they shouldn't be or not wanted bc of thier skin color.....now they're arguing uncle Thomas should be in the Smithsonian bc of his skin color.

Black Americans have a unique history in this country and based off that history we often honor people by not what position they hold but how they've positively impacted the struggle and help us advance. I.E. Harriet Tudman, Thurgood Marshall, Jackie Robinson...Clarence Thomas does not fit that criteria
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

That's so ? stupid...

You would say that because you are dumb as a box of rocks.... if you point to the 1 and forget or disregard the 2 then what you are effectively teaching is that the 1 was a fluke of history. People take historical pride is consistency and LONG standing ability not outliers and aberrations

What the ? is so historical about being the 2ND black supreme court justice?

What has he done that should place him in a museum? Was he the color barrier breaking, pride inspiring 1 that would represent a people in a position that no black person ever had? No, he was ? number 2. Are we going to put black judge #97 in the Smithsonian as well?

Nobody gives a ? about who did something AFTER someone else has done already done it. Stop being so needy.
  • zzombie
    Options
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png

Then by principle he knows he doesn't deserve it. Therefore this is a dead issue

smh... you misunderstand the conviction behind him having little respect for his yale degree is based on his desire to achieve on his own merit and not on affirmative actions.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2016
    Options

That's so ? stupid...

What has he done that should place him in a museum? Was he the color barrier breaking, pride inspiring 1 that would represent a people in a position that no black person ever had? No, he was ? number 2. Are we going to put black judge #97 in the Smithsonian as well?

Nobody gives a ? about who did something AFTER someone else has done already done it. Stop being so needy.

The first line makes your would post ? stupid right now you looking like the kind of guy that would bring a calculator to an English exam.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesnt deserve ? maybe he doesnt meet the standard...

let him get the house ? hall of fame nomination..
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

That's so ? stupid...

The first line makes your would post ? stupid right now you looking like the kind of guy that would bring a calculator to an English exam.

Thought so, avoid the question. Yo ole 'I'm number 2 everyone look at me' ass. You the type that think everyone deserves a trophy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? are white people to tell black people what people should be important to them in history?

The people that built the museum.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, I don't care and I will not support it. He should be in the Uncle Tom section if he has to be and what not to be.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only times ultra conservatives will try to 'defend' a black person is when black conservatives are called out for questionable actions, words.
  • jono
    Options
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png

smh... you misunderstand the conviction behind him having little respect for his yale degree is based on his desire to achieve on his own merit and not on affirmative actions.

Did he not do the same homework as everyone else? He didn't have to take the same classes? He didn't have to write the same papers? He didn't have to get the same or better grades?

He's a ? fool. You don't celebrate ? niggadry
  • zzombie
    Options
    xwmn05xq5cuq.png

Did he not do the same homework as everyone else? He didn't have to take the same classes? He didn't have to write the same papers? He didn't have to get the same or better grades?

He's a ? fool. You don't celebrate ? niggadry

WHO ? KNOWS the whole point is that he can never know because affirmative action eases minority acceptance into certain areas, high achieving black people don't like that ?

it's not good enough to know I won I need to know I won because I was the best.
  • zzombie
    Options

That's so ? stupid...

Thought so, avoid the question. Yo ole 'I'm number 2 everyone look at me' ass. You the type that think everyone deserves a trophy.

If you raise from nothing and become only the second member of your race to become a supreme court justice

Then yes you deserve to be in the ? museum and by the way ? you
  • zzombie
    Options

The standard is seemingly to be a left leaning liberal and that's wrong so Clarence Thomas should be in there just to dispel that ? .
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

The standard is seemingly to be a left leaning liberal and that's wrong so Clarence Thomas should be in there just to dispel that ? .

I bet Colin Powell is in that ? .

Edit: I actually just looked it up... Not only is his uniform in the museum, but him and his wife are on the museum's council. Last time I checked, Powell was conservative.

So, uh... Yeah... Guess the only requirement to be in the museum is to be esteemed and not be a ? ? ? .