The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GS been better than the Clippers for like 3 years now

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    that "horrible defender" has 7 steals

They down his one on one but never give credit to his passing lane or help play
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Clippers had a soul 2 soul moment
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm calling it now. The Knicks front office will make a major trade before February because of THIS loss tonight against the Cavs. They're an average team at best who cant compete with the NBA elite at all.

This was also bad coaching on Hoarneceaks part. If you see your team is getting beat in transition and unable to get a defensive stop. You should work the shot clock down, and draw plays for high percentage shots or draw fouls. Not go shot for shot with a team that's wayyyy better than you.

And I'm embarrassed for the Knicks, to let Lebron James come into your arena every year and violate you with out hard fouling/try to hurt him. The Knicks need a tough guy. ? not even a Draymond Green would allow this.

For my walking Dead fans

Knicks= Rick Cavs=Negan
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm calling it now. The Knicks front office will make a major trade before February because of THIS loss tonight against the Cavs. They're an average team at best who cant compete with the NBA elite at all.

This was also bad coaching on Hoarneceaks part. If you see your team is getting beat in transition and unable to get a defensive stop. You should work the shot clock down, and draw plays for high percentage shots or draw fouls. Not go shot for shot with a team that's wayyyy better than you.

And I'm embarrassed for the Knicks, to let Lebron James come into your arena every year and violate you with out hard fouling/try to hurt him. The Knicks need a tough guy. ? not even a Draymond Green would allow this.

For my walking Dead fans

Knicks= Rick Cavs=Negan

Unless they are trading for Lebron, they won't have a squad that can compete with the Cavs.

Cavs= the ? Knicks = ?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks been sealed their fate. Ain't nothing gwannin till melo and Noahs contracts are outta there.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clippers got sonned. If the warriors lost this bad it would be a bunch of post about their lack of size step curry defense yada yada ya.

Clippers still got the same issue at SF. Ba Moute shouldn't be a starter. They gotta trade somebody either jj reddick jamal crawford or austin
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Brandon bass goes off for 11 and 7 victory is imminent
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Eric Gordon 8/12 from three

pelicans fans take notes

i said this before, but he has finally accepted his role as a catch and shoot player

he was determined to try and still be the focal point of the offense last season.

good to see him playing well though. Just wished he would've accepted his role a season or two sooner
  • Beta
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

pelicans fans take notes

i said this before, but he has finally accepted his role as a catch and shoot player

he was determined to try and still be the focal point of the offense last season.

good to see him playing well though. Just wished he would've accepted his role a season or two sooner

I ain't even talkin bout all that I'm talking only about his health
  • AP21
    Options

pelicans fans take notes

I ain't even talkin bout all that I'm talking only about his health

well last season in NOLA, was iirc, the most games he had played since being there, so...im too lazy to research it though, but just going off the eyeball test, i remember him playing more games than previous years
  • Beta
    Options
    Ahhh I'm just saying the proof is in the pudding. Y'all gonna sabotage y'allselves with AD if y'all don't do something about that staff
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

pelicans fans take notes

That and he also looks a lot slimmer than he did in New Orleans too which Im sure plays a big factor as well. Hes been outstanding on offense but I've really been impressed with his defense, much better than I thought it was going to be
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake Griffin moving down that Amare Stoudemire path. That athleticism starts to fade and they become average.
  • AP21
    Options
    Blake Griffin moving down that Amare Stoudemire path. That athleticism starts to fade and they become average.

idk man...that jumper was working against AD the other night...he might've just extended his career
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Clippers dont do a good job of utilizing their bigs against the Warriors, they get sucked into playing the Warriors game and they arent built like that. They need to slow the game down and work the ball inside more
  • AP21
    Options
    Clippers dont do a good job of utilizing their bigs against the Warriors, they get sucked into playing the Warriors game and they arent built like that. They need to slow the game down and work the ball inside more

memphis is so GOAT at playing in the halfcourt

the pels on paper have more talent, but they get sucked into playing slow and in the half court which is why they've lost their last few games against them
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To do what though?

Neither of them can do anything on the block

Clippers could never do anything with KD
    The last couple years, can't do anything with GS

That team probably over. Blake ain't skilled enough to be your second best player on a championship team and their defense ain't consistently great enough to make up for it
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

His issues were injuries. Amar'e had a good jumper. Blake has managed to remain relatively healthy but we'll see.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    last night was another confirmation why all the talk about how the warriors will struggle defensively without bogut, ezeli and barnes was way premature -- they just destroyed the clippers at home even though both durant and curry struggled with their shot all night -- they have the 3rd best defensive rating in the league in the last 12 games now

we clown barnes and sometimes bogut but they were on the same page

zaza/kd aint built that trust yet

i dont care how much talent you got

5 guys being on the same page defensively is one of the hardest things to do in basketball

i dont see the warriors hitting their stide until like january as they get close to all star break

and i definitely think kerr sacrifices some wins this year in favor of experimenting with rotations and rest
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    GS been better than the Clippers for like 2 years now

xc9lraxqhxo7.jpg

Lol nah don't hit me with that. You know how many people think GS only made it out the west because they never saw the Clippers in the playoffs?

More than it should be. Besides this pic is better

magic-johnson-winner-1.jpg
  • southsil4lil
    Options

Good ? , Morey sticking to his guns and not letting DMo and his agent strong arm(no pun intended) the organization