Tariq Nasheed: Slavery Wasn't That Bad For Black Women

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Rashidi is in Tariq's Hidden Colors series and I believe that he was strictly speaking to slave revolts in American history ....it would be interesting to hear him define what he considered a successful slave revolt however ...I can only assume that he meant success in the sense of liberating Black Americans in the regions were the revolts took place im honestly not 100 percent sure

Hold on my dude. You took shots at me for questioning claims made in the ? , but you yourself don't even know how true some of the claims made are? Come on, man.

The obtusity of this comment is mind numbing ...

Based on some of your comments, your mind has been numb.

My original point was that I couldn't really get into Hidden Colors because there was no sourcing or attempts to support the claims made. So it just seemed like they were pulling claims out of the air. And if I wanted to go and verify those claims, gain a better understanding, or simply learn more about the subject, I wouldn't be able to outside of plugging some ? in Google and hoping for the best.

You acted like I was wrong for that stance, but then turn around and give an example of a claim made in the documentary that you can't fully explain and you admit you don't fully understand. Do you not see how that supports my stance that sourcing is important when making such claims?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashidi is in Tariq's Hidden Colors series and I believe that he was strictly speaking to slave revolts in American history ....it would be interesting to hear him define what he considered a successful slave revolt however ...I can only assume that he meant success in the sense of liberating Black Americans in the regions were the revolts took place im honestly not 100 percent sure

yes he was and you remember him. like I said I hope Tariq leads you to find real historians like Rashidi. don't let hidden colors be the only time u watch a video with dude in it. he has a lot out there. you can start with Introduction To The Study Of African Classical Civilizations

introducing black intellectuals like rashidi to the masses was a primary reason the series was produced ....it says something that these individuals align themselves with Tariq but it's the Internet forum trolls that begrudge him ....yikes

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He right.

Black women were having CONSENSUAL sex with white men...of course some got ? but this fact is often overlooked. Black men couldn't get down wit women like that....this whole black male white woman thing is new in America....Mixed race of people were always the offspring of white men and black women.

Black women pretty much ran the show over black men just like it is now....the white patriarch has giving black women control over the black family just like it was in slavery.

If folks think enslaved African women had it tougher than enslaved African men then you need to hit those history books and slave movies that y'all love to hate and check that ? out.

Black men have always been the target.

not worth a response.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm indifferent to Tariq, but I'm curious as to why some of you dudes are so loyal to him. Being the typical "square ass pretentious intellect" (whatever the ? that means) doesn't make someone the best resource on something. That's true. But not being that doesn't make you a good resource either. In what way has Tariq established himself to have a reputable amount of expertise on things he addresses? That's a serious question too. I'm not ? on him.I honestly don't know and was curious.

Says the ? who just two pages prior claimed to possibly be "too intellectual to get into hidden colors" .... disregarding the multiple scholars phds and individuals with years of field study who comprise the overwhelming bulk of content being disbursed in the series ..2yw683k.jpg2yw683k.jpg

This ? a mess on here

Is that what I really said? Really? I think some of ya'll ? just have inferiority complexes and legitimate inferiority. Dr. Umar Johnson has a PhD in psychology or something like that,
    so that means he knows everything about Asian History and we should all just accept what he says without questioning the basis behind his claims huh?[/quote]

What a pathetic straw man 2yw683k.jpg
    If you think expecting claims to be sourced or backed by some reasonable proof is being too intellectual, I don't know what to tell you other than this guy I work with said the most valuable substance on the planet is silicon dioxide. He has a PhD in emergency management so he knows what he's talking about. I've got a ton of the stuff and I'll give it to you for a good price since you're such a good and knowledgeable guy. What's up? You down?

Secondly you've already established and admitted to not having a foundation to speak intelligently on the work from Tariq or the people associated with his work so to take the position that anyone is claiming what you're stating in the quote above is not only blatantly disingenuous it's also a sign that you're the type of time wasting ? detrimental to any kind of productive conversation .....goodspeed ?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No matter if it's true or not it's reckless for a black man to make that statement about black women.
    No matter what beef black men have with black women we shouldn't make public statements that can be misconstrued interpreted or read as disparaging towards his own. Such matters should be discussed only in private circles. Definitely not for white consumption. It makes him like a clown and all of us look like clowns.

But speaking in generalities. No one is your hero. You can only judge people by a body of work and when you look at that body of work it's neither white or black it's gray. Great moments bad moments.

When someone offers or is invited to speak publicly you have to consider and ask to whose benefit is it that this person is being given this platform. We already know that white people are not up for giving a platform to a black man that is going to say some profound ? . That didn't serve them well. So if white purple are putting tariq up its only because they see a flaw to exploit. Tariqs flaw could be making statements to a white audience that damages black people.

Now i know that black women have been used in this same regard but were men we have to be better than that. Just because black women have habitually disgraced black men on national airwaves don't mean we should.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes he was and you remember him. like I said I hope Tariq leads you to find real historians like Rashidi. don't let hidden colors be the only time u watch a video with dude in it. he has a lot out there. you can start with Introduction To The Study Of African Classical Civilizations

introducing black intellectuals like rashidi to the masses was a primary reason the series was produced ....it says something that these individuals align themselves with Tariq but it's the Internet forum trolls that begrudge him ....yikes

Most historians are easily accessible to the public. They are professors on college campuses across the country. They don't have security outside their door. If you live in LA getting to Rashidi is nothing. don't think that because u see him working with someone that he co-signs them or agrees with them. as a historian its his job to do all he can to get info out there.

don't get mad at folks if they don't view Tariq as a scholar or educator. They have a right to question the information he is putting out there. if it is fact then it should be easily backed up. Tariq is not putting anything new out there. he is not doing any knew research or coming to any new conclusions. he just repeating stuff but he has an audience.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Now i know that black women have been used in this same regard but were men we have to be better than that. Just because black women have habitually disgraced black men on national airwaves don't mean we should.

we have ? , but where did yall get the idea that blk women have publicly bashed/shamed blk men any more than blk men when it comes to shaming blk women

within the blk community no gender has a monopoly on ? behavior and it is counter productive to perpetuate this lie

? u must been under a rock...black men been getting ? on publicly by black women for the last 30yrs...now that black men have waken up to black womens behavior and speaking on it it's a problem.

my point was blk men are/have been just as guilty ....that is of publicly ? on blk women....

• LordZuko
    Options

we have ? , but where did yall get the idea that blk women have publicly bashed/shamed blk men any more than blk men when it comes to shaming blk women

within the blk community no gender has a monopoly on ? behavior and it is counter productive to perpetuate this lie

Through out the 80s and 90s black women were going on oprah donahue and various news outlets bemoaning how they have all this education and high positions but are single because black men aren't on their level. These same women were low-key not so low-key trying to get the attentions of other men of other races including white men. That's why these women started pushing multiculturalism over black power.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Slavery wasn't that bad for black women"? Hmm, I don't think I'm understanding the joke here.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'm on stormfront with the ? you ? say

? after that ? you said, take a break

I legit have yet to see you make a reasonable argument ever but stay doing this girly sublim ?

Btw still haven't watched the video cause idc what he said
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? u must been under a rock...black men been getting ? on publicly by black women for the last 30yrs...now that black men have waken up to black womens behavior and speaking on it it's a problem.

my point was blk men are/have been just as guilty ....that is of publicly ? on blk women....

Just as guilty means "equally" which is not true since black women have had a 30yr head start ? on black men....

Black men have been voicing their opinions about black women pluclicy only for about he last few years...

It's been movies, books, atrticles etc ? on black men coming from black women....

Cut that ? out and just be honest.

? up but I agree. And the only reason I can say that is because I grew up in a generation where ? on females was unacceptable as a social norm. Any man that talked about a women we called him a ? and the ? was nipped in the bud.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No black men ? on black women more, no black women ? on black men more. No black men ain't ? , no black women aint ? . No black black men love white women more and ? on black women, no black women love white men more and ? on black men. I mean do y'all hear y'all selves? Black men AND black women are under attack by white supremacy who cares who diss who more?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    No black men ? on black women more, no black women ? on black men more. No black men ain't ? , no black women aint ? . No black black men love white women more and ? on black women, no black women love white men more and ? on black men. I mean do y'all hear y'all selves? Black men AND black women are under attack by white supremacy who cares who diss who more?

? black feminist tho right? We are in agreement there am I correct?
  • desertrain10
    edited December 2016
    Options

Just as guilty means "equally" which is not true since black women have had a 30yr head start ? on black men....

Black men have been voicing their opinions about black women pluclicy only for about he last few years...

It's been movies, books, atrticles etc ? on black men coming from black women....

bruh

since we were freed there has never been a shortage of hoteps and black male intellectuals who have publicly maligned blk women

when prompted to theorize and explain the condition of the black community, their main focus is always on the shortcomings of blk women and/or feminism rather than inequality.....

aligning themselves with the very politicians and white supremacist who seek to oppress them and pigeonhole their sisters, mothers, daughters as little more than welfare queens and baby mommas

nothing the likes of tommy sotomayor or tariq nasheed say is new

• tittyman
    tittyman Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    tittyman wrote: »
    The funny thing is, he doesn't say anything about "slavery was better for black women" in that video. This was click bait, but no one here seemed to bother to actual watch the video. The title is fake and it's troll material click bait.

Literally within the first 3 minutes of the video he says there's never been a successful revolt in this country because black women would sell out black men because "master fed them clothed and ? them every now and again which wasn't so bad" then says a few of them had it easy. He actually said black women didn't mind being ? by slave masters...I know this ? is some of y'all Savior but your boy K Flexx aka Tariq is on some ? with this one

Thats a complete lie. Where in the video does he say that?

• tittyman
    tittyman Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    The same ? that want you to ignore Hillary's racism are the same ones ? on a black man trying to give black people good information

2BAF666A00000578-0-image-a-1_1440618491320.jpg

? outta here with the delfection

This entire thread is one big deflection. blackrain lied about something that Tariq never said. Why not address that?

Exactlyy..The OP basically lied about what was said in the video. And now that the lie was revealed, it's like "let's find something else to justify our hating on dude"..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol this dude is a ? ? Lmao the only ? we acknowledge is @BOSSExcellence
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah. Stop simping these females.

@desertrain10
  • LordZuko
    Options

bruh

since we were freed there has never been a shortage of hoteps and black male intellectuals who have publicly maligned blk women

when prompted to theorize and explain the condition of the black community, their main focus is always on the shortcomings of blk women and/or feminism rather than inequality.....

aligning themselves with the very politicians and white supremacist who seek to oppress them and pigeonhole their sisters, mothers, daughters as little more than welfare queens and baby mommas

Black men did not have a platform to do any of that. It's not till YouTube and Twitter that black men werr able to voice their opinions. Black women have been doing that ? since the 80s
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Yeah. Stop simping these females.

@desertrain10

never
  • desertrain10
    Options

bruh

Black men did not have a platform to do any of that. It's not till YouTube and Twitter that black men werr able to voice their opinions. Black women have been doing that ? since the 80s

lol

a podium or pulpit isn't a platform

books? editorials? opinion pieces?