Cole World! "4 Your Eyez Only" Dropping Dec. 9th

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    After the Kanye and wale shots Cole tricked me i thought he had a classic cooking. He singing with the same mediocre production...

Lol a lot of people thought cole was gonna be on some ? ? dissing a lot of people
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    What I got from this album is he is paranoid he will die soon. He been talking about this since Jermaine Interlude earlier this year. Gotta be a unpleasant feeling to feel that. Hopefully it's not true

On first listen this album serves its purpose. Which is to make a album his album and expand on his growth. My only vice was more of a political song from him. Overall great emotional album from first listen, can't even imagine how afraid I'll be whenever I get my first child.

pretty much agree with this, the growth is there but not enough, would have definitely like to have seen him taking on some serious issues with what's been going on over there recently.

Kinda underwhelmed with this on first listen, will probably grow on me but it isn't seeing FHD, just lacking the couple of standout tracks that album had....'change' is quality though.

Ab-souls album impressed me a lot more, dude kept on coming with the bars like a man possessed.

? I FORGOT ABOUT SOUL ALBUM

They better album by the way.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almond milk good af. That vanilla or the chocolate milk with some donuts. ? !

One of the closest things to perfection

It's the only type of milk my 2 year old will drink, so naturally my wife and I drink it when we run outta our milk. We just had the chocolate milk for the first time and that ? is delicious.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curious....is his deal almost up with his label???

Just asking because this album seems like something he put out just to meet his album obligations in his contact....I think he might have had ? on the ropes with last weeks single....but now that the album dropped I think ? gonna off the ropes with some shots at 'Folding Clothes Cole'

He put it out on his own label, with Roc Nation as his exclusive distributor (UMG is RN's exclusive distributor), so technically, he's independent...
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Deja Vu is snappin so damn hard right now.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Deja Vu is snappin so damn hard right now.

Wait til you hear it on some loud speakers after you a blunt or a few shots in.

This one gon be a winner at his live shows.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    It's ok. Still got complaints about the production.

Yep sonically it's disappointing...even the singing ain't working

Concept is cool...but it lacks emotion behind it
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just asking because this album seems like something he put out just to meet his album obligations in his contact....I think he might have had ? on the ropes with last weeks single....but now that the album dropped I think ? gonna off the ropes with some shots at 'Folding Clothes Cole'

He put it out on his own label, with Roc Nation as his exclusive distributor (UMG is RN's exclusive distributor), so technically, he's independent...

Sure I saw Cole inked a deal wit Interscope
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sure I saw Cole inked a deal wit Interscope

Distribution... Interscope was already Dreamville's distribution home so it'd make since to join the fold, but this case is different as Interscope has no ownership of this album unlike Bas and the other dude (Omen's project was completely indie)... Of course this is speculation but I'm going off of the copyrights and other telltale signs.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Folding Clothes the best song on this.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    After the Kanye and wale shots Cole tricked me i thought he had a classic cooking. He singing with the same mediocre production...

Lol a lot of people thought cole was gonna be on some ? ? dissing a lot of people

He put out avg ? . Folk gonna overrate it like he and Kendrick's last albums. It's OK album
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

It's not the production, it's him. Cole is lyricist more than he is an entertainer, ala Nas. Nas beats don't make him, he makes his music just like Cole makes his. However u wanna take that....all facts.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

It's not the production, it's him. Cole is lyricist more than he is an entertainer, ala Nas. Nas beats don't make him, he makes his music just like Cole makes his. However u wanna take that....all facts.

No nas is nas... no comparison. 2 albums ago Cole improved his production now it's back to mediocre
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options

No nas is nas... no comparison. 2 albums ago Cole improved his production now it's back to mediocre

:joy: I didn't mean to compare him like that but it's the easiest way for this board to comprehend cause a lot of ppl dnt listen to Nas cause of his production(or so they say).
  • aneed123
    Options

:joy: I didn't mean to compare him like that but it's the easiest way for this board to comprehend cause a lot of ppl dnt listen to Nas cause of his production(or so they say).

I feel u... But even with Nas bs beats at times he still was a grade A lyracist with goat story telling. Cole is avg at times with lyrics and used hype to trick me lol. if we gonna compare to Nas Illmatic-Stillmatic had good production. And Nas aint sing... lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ville mentality an underrated favorite so far

I feel like she's mine pt2 and Neighbors are from Cole's perspective so it's not just his homie perspective throughout
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played this last night when it released on iTunes and I just woke up. Needed a good sleep thanks cole. Now onto that ab-soul
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Problem is nas and others are so nice that you don't notice the bad beats as much....I didn't notice the production on born sinner or fhd

But he doesn't carry this album like he did those and the beats don't increase the enjoyability at all
  • gr8VALue
    gr8VALue Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Qn1qdC7hXRg

2nd verse when he raps as his HS friend maybe it gave him the idea to make a whole project around that character

Thats my theory

Also in 3 wishes

https://youtu.be/5TMtTtCZn9M

He also raps about a similar character on the 2nd verse of "hold it down" from The Warm Up

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Ville mentality an underrated favorite so far

I feel like she's mine pt2 and Neighbors are from Cole's perspective so it's not just his homie perspective throughout

Ville mentality is one of the better tracks but prolly has his worst singing vocals on it
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk never cared about rappers singing

No matter who it comes from, always felt authentic to me
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will cole ever drop a villematic aka classic?