Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess mfs figure if game can get away with it why cant they
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get how some young kids join gangs...they might be searching for that family bond that's not at home...they broke n the older homie put clothes on his back n a little money in they pocket cause they mom strung out or pops is locked up...my question is..what is this dudes reasoning for ripping a gang at this stage of his life...gangbangers I know are usually leaving the life behind at this point in their life n getting they ? together
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get how some young kids join gangs...they might be searching for that family bond that's not at home...they broke n the older homie put clothes on his back n a little money in they pocket cause they mom strung out or pops is locked up...my question is..what is this dudes reasoning for ripping a gang at this stage of his life...gangbangers I know are usually leaving the life behind at this point in their life n getting they ? together

Street Cred...it's all about Street cred and Ego.
    You get to walk around waving a flag getting love from the Gang that always facinated you since a kid.......he's basically paying to live out a Childhood dream of his as an Adult.
    ...No ? .
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Game situation different then chris
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In thinking about it Im actually in two minds now haha because you still had Nate Dogg singing gangsta melodies in the 90's and 00’s and Nate is one of the GOATS, Im one of his biggest fans in fact, but he wasn’t your traditional singer so I guess he doesnt really count, plus he really grew up arounds bangers… We also had TQ (who I’m a fan of) in the early 00’s, but he never really glamorised gangsta schitt, but for me that is when I guess the genre started to change, but the fact we didnt have social media back then like we do now is a factor...

@blackrain

Yeah I was talking about his early material in the 90s, by TP2 alot of R&B was getting more and more 'gangsta', like I said we had TQ etc… With regards to you saying R Kelly was cussing, Curtis Mayfield and other soul and blues singers were cussing waaaaay back in the day… But I can only remember R Kelly really cussing from around ’TP2’ onwards...

Also what I think is major factor in the evolution, or rather devolution of the genre are the beats they sing over, Chris and Rihanna sing over daum near fckn house or trance music at times!!! Atleast if R Kelly was cussing etc it was over proper R&B beats...

What Im really trying to say is that imo Chris Brown, Rihanna and/or some of the newer generation who dont actually have great singing voices, they just have 'swag' and are manufactured products of hip hop have basically gotten rid of R&B and turned it into pop music, hence the beats, to listen to ACTUAL R&B imo now we have to listen to more ’Neo Soul'…

Also R.Kelly was always heavy into gospel through out his career, Im pretty sure the song at the end of TP2 ’Storm is Over’??? show cases that.. What Im also saying is, R Kelly to my knowledge never walked about with gangs claiming a set etc even though he was from Chicago, yeah by 2000ish he was heavily hip hop orientated and cussed occasionally and had duo albums with Jay etc I guess your right in a way, he may of helped make R&B more hip hop, maybe even Mariah too, but you also had Jon B thinking about it... But I dont think they over stepped over the mark like Chris Brown or some of the newer generation who dont actually have a great singing voices but get into fights, bang on social media etc to get promotion… But I guess its just the 'evolution' of the genre...

@D.Morgan

I disagree breda, I think R Kelly is a great singer, you only need to listen to his early material to see this, also songs like ‘If I could turn back the hands of time’ shows what a great voice he has… That and the fact he has fans in not only hip hop heads, but also middle aged 'soccer moms’ and Dads of all races, ages, creed etc... He may of more harmonised on his commercial singles etc but there is no doubting his singing ability for me when you listen to his music catalog...
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    In his 20's?
    Second childhood?

Dude was already banging when run it came out smh
    Every year yall surprised this ? is a blood

lmao that ? wasn't banging ? aint no gangs where we was living at in va I should know this cause I'm from va
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    In his 20's?
    Second childhood?

He didn't live in California then so he wasn't being extorted then
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In his 20's?
    Second childhood?

lmao that ? wasn't banging ? aint no gangs where we was living at in va I should know this cause I'm from va

gotdamn y'all ? dumb
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WORLD8712 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before one (or more) of these industry dudes throw their life away, attempting to keep an image up. It's shameful/disappointing because a lot of the ppl they're attempting to emulate would give away every stripe they earned to be in their position. At the end of the day though, it stems from a place of insecurity and eventually they'll see playing into other ppl's perception is a lose/lose situation.

Already happened. It was 2Pac.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah. Game pops and brothers was real bangers
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In thinking about it Im actually in two minds now haha because you still had Nate Dogg singing gangsta melodies in the 90's and 00’s and Nate is one of the GOATS, Im one of his biggest fans in fact, but he wasn’t your traditional singer so I guess he doesnt really count, plus he really grew up arounds bangers… We also had TQ (who I’m a fan of) in the early 00’s, but he never really glamorised gangsta schitt, but for me that is when I guess the genre started to change, but the fact we didnt have social media back then like we do now is a factor...

@blackrain

Yeah I was talking about his early material in the 90s, by TP2 alot of R&B was getting more and more 'gangsta', like I said we had TQ etc… With regards to you saying R Kelly was cussing, Curtis Mayfield and other soul and blues singers were cussing waaaaay back in the day… But I can only remember R Kelly really cussing from around ’TP2’ onwards...

Also what I think is major factor in the evolution, or rather devolution of the genre are the beats they sing over, Chris and Rihanna sing over daum near fckn house or trance music at times!!! Atleast if R Kelly was cussing etc it was over proper R&B beats...

What Im really trying to say is that imo Chris Brown, Rihanna and/or some of the newer generation who dont actually have great singing voices, they just have 'swag' and are manufactured products of hip hop have basically gotten rid of R&B and turned it into pop music, hence the beats, to listen to ACTUAL R&B imo now we have to listen to more ’Neo Soul'…

Also R.Kelly was always heavy into gospel through out his career, Im pretty sure the song at the end of TP2 ’Storm is Over’??? show cases that.. What Im also saying is, R Kelly to my knowledge never walked about with gangs claiming a set etc even though he was from Chicago, yeah by 2000ish he was heavily hip hop orientated and cussed occasionally and had duo albums with Jay etc I guess your right in a way, he may of helped make R&B more hip hop, maybe even Mariah too, but you also had Jon B thinking about it... But I dont think they over stepped over the mark like Chris Brown or some of the newer generation who dont actually have a great singing voices but get into fights, bang on social media etc to get promotion… But I guess its just the 'evolution' of the genre...

@D.Morgan

I disagree breda, I think R Kelly is a great singer, you only need to listen to his early material to see this, also songs like ‘If I could turn back the hands of time’ shows what a great voice he has… That and the fact he has fans in not only hip hop heads, but also middle aged 'soccer moms’ and Dads of all races, ages, creed etc... He may of more harmonised on his commercial singles etc but there is no doubting his singing ability for me when you listen to his music catalog...

Facts
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@blackrain

@D.Morgan

@water ur seeds

I've been a R. Kelly fan since he came out with him and public announcement. You saying he is a goat R&B singer and has a great voice I can't agree with.

GOAT R&B singers voices are people like Luther Vandross, Frankie Beverly, Stevie Wonder, Teddy Pendergrass. R. Kelly singing voice not in that class to me. Still doesn't mean R. Kelly isn't great. Just IMO R. Kelly isn't a great singer.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In his 20's?
    Second childhood?

In his 20's?
    Second childhood?

He didn't live in California then so he wasn't being extorted then

He was living in harlem when all the gang ? then fame started
    Not va
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Chris got bodies on him?

Not everybody banging has a body to they name they ain't all killers
  • WORLD8712
    WORLD8712 Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Options
    Already happened. It was 2Pac.

True, I should've clarified that I meant this generation & it probably would've been 1000x worse if social media was around during that era.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

^^^Never caught a body post
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

You act like that's a bad thing? Ya I bang but I've never wanted to ? anybody. Ive had to use my iron before but I'm not out here bragging bout it. Besides if I did catch a body u really think imma tell anybody? That's the young boy ? cuz bragging in the street only get u locked up, retaliated on or dead.
  • TayGettem
    Options

You act like that's a bad thing? Ya I bang but I've never wanted to ? anybody. Ive had to use my iron before but I'm not out here bragging bout it. Besides if I did catch a body u really think imma tell anybody? That's the young boy ? cuz bragging in the street only get u locked up, retaliated on or dead.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We are talking bout a grown multi millionaire who is proud to be a fruit....what u talking bout
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you aint got no bodies you aint popped it ?