BLIPPAR APP BRINGS ? RECOGNITION TO THE MASSES! Just scan face and get all your info!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.newsweek.com/blippar-app-brings-? -recognition-phones-528856

Augmented-reality app Blippar is introducing ? -recognition software that would allow users to scan faces with their smartphones and profile them.

Billed as the world’s first ? recognition for phones, the app would make it possible for people to scan faces—either in print, on TV or in real life—and learn their name and other information.

“Augmented Reality Face Profiles will change the way we communicate and express ourselves,” said Ambarish Mitra, Co-Founder and CEO of Blippar. “Our face is our most expressive form of communication and with this release we are allowing this to become digital for the first time.

“Our ? recognition technology combined with our knowledge graph enables people to express themselves through the things they love, including their hobbies, opinions, key fun facts, and so much more.”

A database of the faces of 70,000 public figures has already been created, and users are able to scan their own faces in order to add them to the database. It is also possible to add people’s faces to the database without their permission, which may raise privacy concerns.

Blippar’s AR Face Profiles are part of a much larger project by the firm to create a ‘visual browser’ that allows users to learn about the world around them through their smartphones.

Combining machine learning with augmented reality, the Blippar app is able to identify things using a smartphone’s camera—be it brands, everyday objects or works of art. Information is then provided about the item scanned, such as its name and history.

Other firms exploring the technology include Facebook, which already uses it to automatically tag users’ photos on its social network. In November, Facebook acquired ? recognition startup Facio Metrics last month in an effort to improve its current system.

This video gives more detail about the signs of the times in regards to technology:

https://youtu.be/6KW2ejz9ZmE

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I break phones.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I break phones.

You still got your face though. And people can be discreet about it and scan you without you even knowing and still get your info.

The technology is being perfected for what's to come. Amen.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

creepset is about to get a whole lot more real.

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could have ugly consequences for IC members who've posted pics here.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Black mirror getting more real by the month
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    I break phones.

You still got your face though. And people can be discreet about it and scan you without you even knowing and still get your info.

If what you say is coming actually is coming that means I get to murder people. I'm cool with that. My psyche is built for this apocalypse ? .
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thing i dont share my info on the web..

only thing i got more then the fake names i use is the fake emails i use. lol
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are pros and cons to everything. But there will always mass hysteria, over paranoia and of course fear mongering...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I break phones.

If what you say is coming actually is coming that means I get to murder people. I'm cool with that. My psyche is built for this apocalypse ? .

Well you would have to survive world war 3 first. And you only have a 1 in 4 chance of surviving that. For ? has declared that 1/4 of the worlds population will die from that initial conflict that begins the last 7 years of this age. And if you are still inside of America on the day of her demise, you will have a 0% chance of survival. For everyone still inside of her will perish on the day when she is attacked suddenly and without warning. Amen.

It's better to put your trust in the LORD and be assured of the eternal salvation of your soul my friend. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I known about the technology and keep up with it. With laser technology and such it's easy to recognize ? identity instantly and also body as well.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad I ain't out there on social media like that. Cops have this technology on they phones and been using it as well......
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    I break phones.

Well you would have to survive world war 3 first. And you only have a 1 in 4 chance of surviving that. For ? has declared that 1/4 of the worlds population will die from that initial conflict that begins the last 7 years of this age. And if you are still inside of America on the day of her demise, you will have a 0% chance of survival. For everyone still inside of her will perish on the day when she is attacked suddenly and without warning. Amen.

It's better to put your trust in the LORD and be assured of the eternal salvation of your soul my friend. Amen.

North America or just America?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I break phones.

North America or just America?

Mexico and Canada will receive the brunt of the fallout.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDGAF!!!

I'm the last of a dying breed, shout out to the mid-late 80s babies

I'm not hiding or runnin from anyone
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im out here . Fk all this gibberish ? u talkin. My dad always told never run or hide . So thats wat ima do