When did you first get that....

Options
alliknowishate
alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
? wake up call. Me it was in seventh grade. Ill tell the story later. Im at work so share yours.

Comments

• alliknowishate
    Options
    Damn no comments
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you gone start a thread and then be like to be continued that's dumb as hell

Word.

And what the ? kind of ? tag is that last one ?

I can't relate to none of that ? .
  • alliknowishate
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You dont remember that song by ice cube called be true to the game? He said that line. So you the ? one
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea joe you need to get your thread game together
  • alliknowishate
    Options
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    It wasn't a wake up call cuz I was always aware these whites were on some ? , but my first real blatant experience was in highschool. I think it was 10th grade and for English class we all had to write poems and they were gonna be entered in a province wide contest and the winners published.

Anyway, I knew I wrote a great poem, and I read most of my other class mates, and I'm like ? , I'm a shoe in. So I see the list of winners posted that week and then i get called down to the guidance counselors office. Come to find out, that fat white ? English teacher had told them that there was no way u write that poem cuz it was too good, I must have plagiarized it, smh

That guidance counselor had previously also said that she wasn't sure if I could handle it when my mom wanted me in the gifted program, even tho is always had good grades
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When my kindergarten teacher called me a ? and said I couldn't play with the other kids cuz I was ? and would give them diseases. Prolly was 4 or 5 years old

Man or woman ???
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You dont remember that song by ice cube called be true to the game? He said that line. So you the ? one

tumblr_mwsk0xoZUu1r8f85do1_500.gif

It's still ? .
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    When my kindergarten teacher called me a ? and said I couldn't play with the other kids cuz I was ? and would give them diseases. Prolly was 4 or 5 years old

Man or woman ???

Fat white woman. Never understood why you would work in a environment where you have to interact with other races knowing you're a ? supremacist.

That goes for most jobs though.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got my ? wake up call when i got arrested tried and convicted..

my rights that i thought i had as a citizen were violated by a cop..
    he broke the law to find me breaking the law only by a technicality..

all of which was documented in his report..
    my first PD was on it and fought for me.. and because of that she was reassigned and i ended up with a ? who was basically tryin to hand me over to the state..

it was then i knew the fix was in..

and while fighting the case over a year i was in and out of court and got to see first hand how they ? us over and laughing about it on their lunch break..

thats when i knew there was no justice.. just us.
    and iv been ? the system ever since..
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents made it clear from the beginning what the deal was, so I've never had one. If anything, it's the lengths to how far, or how deep, racism goes that continues to exceed my own paranoia.
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't remember...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant put a time stamp on it
    Ive always seen cacs as evil
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Damn no comments

I got u bruh... my ? wake up call happened when this fashion designer made me hold up his lunch plate in the back of a limo while my wife filmed it, then she posted it online

You Lyin mane lolol!!!

My pops be telling me stories that I don't remember of me getting into fights with kids for calling me a ? so I guess I been a g, but my name is Arabic so it wasn't no getting away from consciousness
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Damn no comments

I got u bruh... my ? wake up call happened when this fashion designer made me hold up his lunch plate in the back of a limo while my wife filmed it, then she posted it online

Mine was when my homie, that was like family got on some grown man ? . Started ? wit white folks. I went to an event in his honor, they were taking a pic and made me stand off to the side. Bruh, i was heated, but on the flipside, even though what we do is wrong, i couldnt roc wit the fella no more after that.

I think my one was when I used to work at a music label (I shan't name names right now), working there was real bad boy. The wake up call I had was when I realised that it ain't just white people. Our manager was black, and he'd just treat us like slaves up in there. One time he sent a ? walking to buy him a cheesecake...that weren't in no way my ? role but he made it clear that if I ain't get it for him my career would be over.

? that ?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I never had a blatant "you're different" experience growing up...my parents were in the military so I was always around a bunch of diff ppl...it was moreso just subtle things I realized on my own. Like why it took my hair longer to get done, why I had to wear a swimming cap, why the music my parents listened to was dope and usually not anyone else's, why my memorial day/4th of july/thanksgivings/xmas parties were lit and had the best food....I pretty much grew up knowing my blackness was cool and not a lot of kids around me knew what it was like even tho it was never explicitly explained to me.

Then when I got older and started hanging out at my nonblack friends' houses I would catch the lil side comments their parents would make. That's bout as far as it went...those lil passive aggressive jabs. I took that as 'now if I'm going through this in the burbs, I know that there's truth in ppls claims of racism and aggression who weren't living as good as me'

TL;DR I had positive vibes about being black before the racist ideas of this country tried to tell me otherwise.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? at one of grade schools had 6 blacks students...me and 2 cousins and our 3 homies....