Why Do Cats Hate On DJ Vlad?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
I notice that Vlad gets a lot of hate and accusations of being a culture vulture. However, I find his interviews to be very insightful and engaging, especially when it's more of a conversation between him and the interviewee (a la his Lord Jamar interviews,)

Most people's gripes with with Vlad seems to be that he capitalizes off of and exploits rapper beefs. In my opinion, wouldn't Vlad be doing a disservice to his viewers if he didn't ask those questions? It was just something that was on my mind and I'd like more knowledgeable dudes to weigh in on the subject.

Comments

• Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're right. Honestly, Vlad probably has the best interviews right now. I just personally think dude doesn't care about anyone, and he's a dickrider at the same time. His voice is annoying as ? and I wonder wtf dude does in his regular life. Something off about cuz
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I could understand not liking his interview choices all the time. Also, some of his questions are too close to incriminating ones self. That's the ? I don't like about his interviews, but I don't see a reason to hate him yet.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont hate vlad but i wont argue with ppl who do.. they have their reasons
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a ? starter
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's corny as ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He.. he.. makes black people fight.. he makes them beef something something

Never clicked on any of his vids.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a culture vulture. Jason black just made a post about him today
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't watch enough videos to know whether or not he starts ? , but there are mad dudes on Y/T that seem to do that. They're black though, so maybe that's why they get a pass. (Or maybe they just aren't as popular as Vlad yet, so don't get the hate.)

If something is bad for blacks, its bad for blacks whether it's a white person who does it or a black person. That's something more black people need to understand.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He just a ? boy plain and simple don't matter what race he is. Just a lot of feminine tendencies about him. He spew ? & goes out his way to cause division for his own gain. If this was a dude you knew around the way he'd get checked with the quickness. Vlad is no exception.
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what happens when you belittle a hip hop giant like Nas. Out of all the overrated and garbage albums why zoom in on Nas?
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vlad the kind of ? that throw rocks and hide they hands...I don't trust or like them kind of cats. Stand for what you stand even if you have fight (win or lose) but Vlad ain't the kind of cat to do that ? .
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's supposed to be a biased interviewer but, he always finds a way to throw in his own opinions. Then he eggs you on if he's not getting the response he's looking for (that would be anything that he can run and tell whoever he gets you to talk about). He doesn't ask the artists about their music ...... it's always about "so & so said this about you ....."
    He has a platform to do good things in hip hop ..... better interviews and exclusive freestyles ..... but he rather be on the chat pat bs.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh ? don't wanna admit it's cuz he's white (Russian)...

? is racist...

Russians are racist as hell
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do we give these people a platform to "culture vulture " but then get mad when we feel exploited? Wouldnt it just be easier to send out a SUCKA alert and tell our people not to take part in their fukkkery?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Of the few videos I've seen of his, his interviews are dumb...either he's not really informed on who he's talking to/doesn't ask that good of questions, or the interviewee is off for whatever reason....then I started hearing about him being called out on his ? and his body of work isn't strong enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If I wana see interviews I'll watch breakfast club, hot97 or listen to some podcasts. I don't need no info from somebody on vlad's couch.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't been on here in a hot minute but ? you self loathing, white sympathizing ? are running amuck...did this ? really create a tread about a Russian Jew exploiting hip hop? ? it l'm done
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He pushes the narrative of violence with younger black artist. And he ask the questions like he's trying to get these dudes indictments . He is also super petty. Check him out trying to push the nas convo with anyone who will listen.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No different than how any other interviewer asks questions
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's literally instigating a beef between Lil' Yatchty and Kodak Black as I type
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never seen or heard anyone ACTUALLY hate on Vlad. We gotta stop saying 'hate on' to describe anytime one ? doesn't like another ? . Everytime I've heard someone express disdain for Vlad, they've always had their reasons. Rather than...

DUDE: Man I don't ? with Vlad?
    OTHER DUDE: Word? Why? What he do? Vlad seem like a stand-up ? .
    DUDE: ...maaaaaan, I just don't ? with that ? ! ? Vlad!
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people say he be working with the police.i dont know if it's true or not
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesnt plat the artist to appear and he pockets all viewsmoney