Future Questions Jay-Z and Reasonable Doubt Status in Hip Hop

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I need to hear what he said exactly, that video doesn't show it. But from what they're saying , Future said what everybody says and knows: RD wasn't deemed a masterpiece when it was first released and Jay-z didn't become the "king" until after Pac n Big were killed.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resonable Doubt is the only Jay album that i give a ? about

Top 5 Rap album
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet unu didn't even watch the video

Blogs running with a nonstory
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? only listening to what mumble rappers say when they agree with what the mumble rapper is saying... Plus why do ppl act like hip hop stopped after biggie died and if you wasn't great at that time then you can never be great
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I said the same ? on this board months ago..

It took that album years to go plat. Jay didn't really pick up steam til HKL..
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    RD is overrated imo, BP, BA and AG are better Jay albums imo and I prefer 2 or 3 other albums like RLF, Vol ll & lll over RD also. But his status and legacy is solidified body of work, impact, influence etc. Future should question his own status he has a teenager bout to get him the ? outta here.

6s5czkxrgceb.jpg

What teenager is that? Designer is on one hit wonder status right now. His mixtape died the same day it came out and Timmy Turner is a flop.

Reasonable Doubt is a classic though.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vol II was my first jay album and I didn't care for him until the black album
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    #Fax

• _Goldie_
    Options
    "Do yall ? listen to music or do yall just skim through it?"

The ? said the album is CURRENTLY a classic lol ? don't even try to look for facts, just read headlines and run with it.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay didn't crossover to the average fan until way after Pac and Big died. That reasonable doubt ? was hot in the streets though, because there was no denying his pen game and that slick king pin ? he spit was a new perspective. In contrast, ? like Snoop, Nas and them had already made it to the league and were continuing their legacy, all while Pac and Big were using their own fake beef to get more headlines.

That's not to take away from Jay though, because I'm sure most would agree JayZ is (clearly) a better rapper than Pac and Big.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but is Future qualified to make that assertion? l,ao shout out to Beans
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Are you? Let's compare your resume to Future's.

Are you? Let's compare your resume to Future's.

reeks of feelings....did i make an assertion?
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I need to hear what he said exactly, that video doesn't show it. But from what they're saying , Future said what everybody says and knows: RD wasn't deemed a masterpiece when it was first released and Jay-z didn't become the "king" until after Pac n Big were killed.

This statement is such ? . Why ? act like Jay had been in the game 10 years, dropped 4/5 albums prior to Big and Pac dying and didn't make any noise until they died.

Technically Jay was in the game before both Pac and Big, but I digress. Within the conversation they were having , there's nothing wrong with what he said.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay wasn't big until pac died....I guess the same could be said about designer...he really blew up when he killed future
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay wasn't on top until Ma$e retired. Get it right