The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace & Blessings to the Sager family
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to the legendary Craig Sager
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2016 has been ruthless man smh. RIP to the suit gawd it wasn't an NBA game to me unless he was on the sidelines reporting. He always stayed true to himself and fought as hard as he could man ? cancer forever.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad news man. RIP Craig Sager
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    RIP Craig Stager.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn a little over a week before Christmas too. Feel for his family RIP
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    He got to see his Cubs win it all before he passed away
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    RIP Sager

cancers a ?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Crazy the knicks starting lineup is the 5 on the list. Take Noah out and replace him with Oquinn or even Gomez and I bet its a much better lineup.

Knicks couldnt go past the midrange against the Suns cause Chandler would leave Noah all open and stack on the side the ball was in around the elbow and make it impossible for anyone to drive. And sometimes Noah would get the ball with a open lane to the rim but wouldnt drive cause he cant shoot fouls.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lack of familiarity and chemistry mixed with changing roles will do that. We've been solid lately.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T wolves on there with both pgs smh and the bench is supposed to b the trash part of that team
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP mr. sager...
    dude suit game and character/charisma will be missed.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

The downward spiral that’s been Steve Francis’ post-playing career just took another spin around the drain, as the three-time NBA All-Star has turned himself in to Florida authorities on burglary charges.

In a strange story that seems plucked from a year-end “Dumbest Criminals of 2016” list, the victim of the alleged burglary told ABC13 that Francis asked a bartender to help him find his keys, only to ransack the woman’s unlocked car for $7,000 in material belongings while the witness stood watch.

“The bartender went and got a flashlight and went outside and held the flashlight while Steve Francis moved my seats back and forth, stripped the inside of my car of everything, and broke into my lock box,” she told the television news station. “He got a diamond ring, and he got my father’s wedding band, he got my wallet, my cash, he stole my makeup bag.

Then, Francis, 39, was arrested in Houston late last month for allegedly driving while intoxicated and threatening police during the traffic stop. Upon learning of the former Rockets player’s DWI arrest on Nov. 20, the Manatee (Fla.) County Sheriff’s Office issued a warrant for Francis’ arrest on the burglary charges, according to reports. He turned himself just before a Dec. 13 deadline, police records show.

The third-degree felony burglary charge could result in up to five years in prison. Francis was released on $5,500 bail for the DWI arrest in November and $1,500 bail for the burglary arrest on Monday.

Francis made headlines in 2015 for having his chain stolen during a fight at a Houston rap concert. He was in no position financially to be wearing another $1 million necklace at the time of his DWI arrest.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Shocked that this is the end result of all this but I wish him the best

Im glad its finally over though and now we can focus on making other moves
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Crazy the knicks starting lineup is the 5 on the list. Take Noah out and replace him with Oquinn or even Gomez and I bet its a much better lineup.

Knicks couldnt go past the midrange against the Suns cause Chandler would leave Noah all open and stack on the side the ball was in around the elbow and make it impossible for anyone to drive. And sometimes Noah would get the ball with a open lane to the rim but wouldnt drive cause he cant shoot fouls.
    I'm not even surprised Knicks in the top 5. I've tried to say that Hornacek should experiment with a different starting lineup. That 5 game winning streak and being high in the standings didn't mean much if you're 2 or 3 games away from the 8th seed in a weak ass east coast. It seemed like they had it together but when they play against high paced and elite teams their weaknesses are exposed.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

The downward spiral that’s been Steve Francis’ post-playing career just took another spin around the drain, as the three-time NBA All-Star has turned himself in to Florida authorities on burglary charges.

In a strange story that seems plucked from a year-end “Dumbest Criminals of 2016” list, the victim of the alleged burglary told ABC13 that Francis asked a bartender to help him find his keys, only to ransack the woman’s unlocked car for $7,000 in material belongings while the witness stood watch.

“The bartender went and got a flashlight and went outside and held the flashlight while Steve Francis moved my seats back and forth, stripped the inside of my car of everything, and broke into my lock box,” she told the television news station. “He got a diamond ring, and he got my father’s wedding band, he got my wallet, my cash, he stole my makeup bag.

Then, Francis, 39, was arrested in Houston late last month for allegedly driving while intoxicated and threatening police during the traffic stop. Upon learning of the former Rockets player’s DWI arrest on Nov. 20, the Manatee (Fla.) County Sheriff’s Office issued a warrant for Francis’ arrest on the burglary charges, according to reports. He turned himself just before a Dec. 13 deadline, police records show.

The third-degree felony burglary charge could result in up to five years in prison. Francis was released on $5,500 bail for the DWI arrest in November and $1,500 bail for the burglary arrest on Monday.

Francis made headlines in 2015 for having his chain stolen during a fight at a Houston rap concert. He was in no position financially to be wearing another $1 million necklace at the time of his DWI arrest.

Bruh
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say this because it isn't many black coaches in the league. The thing holding Toronto back isn't the players they have on the roster. Dwayne Casey isn't that good of a coach. I mean he isn't awful but he isn't good also. Lol.

If Toronto had a better coach they could beat Cleveland in a playoff series this season. They are considerably deeper than Cleveland and could actually cause a few match up issues if he was smart enough to exploit Cleveland's short comings.

I always thought Casey deserved some coach of the year recognition, why exactly do you think he's holding them back?

Casey is horrible with his player rotations I.e. He will pull hot players for no reason, the teams offense is atrocious (granted they are ranked as the best this season so far) to watch due to all the damn isolation plays ran by their back court and the guy has and still does totally not play solid players for no reason at all.

Here's the thing while all that was happening the Raptors were busy winning so maybe he actually knows what he's doing, although you might disagree with his coaching style there's a reason the Raptors finished one game back of Cleveland last year and 8 games ahead of the next best team and you can argue the talent was on the same level as every other team 3-6 in the east after losing veterans like Amir and Lou in the offseason and their big FA signing Demarr Carroll hardly playing at all and making zero impact, Terrence Ross is considered an underachiever, Valaciunas is slowly progressing (you can blame him for that but his decision making was obviously best for the team), Derozan was constantly complained about for his dumb shot selection and they didn't even want him back the only time you hear about Lowry is when he flops, so explain to me....who deserved the credit for a pretty successful season last year?

? keep sneakin and dissin put me in a ? up position...

You ain't slick b.

Shut up you mall cop I was by myself reppin for Casey last season while you were in the powder room frontin as a lounge owner
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options