Video Released Of Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon Punching A Chick (Self Defense ?)

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Joe Mixon's lawyers release video of RB punching female student in 2014
The attorneys for Joe Mixon released a surveillance video Friday that shows the Oklahoma star running back punching a female student in 2014.

The video shows Mixon punching Amelia Molitor, fracturing four bones in her face, during an altercation at a sandwich shop near Oklahoma's campus. He was charged with a misdemeanor at the time of the incident, and the university suspended him for the entire 2014 season.

The video was released after the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters sued for its access, prompting the Oklahoma Supreme Court to rule earlier this month that the city of Norman should release it. Norman had until Dec. 26 to either release the video or file an appeal.

Mixon's attorneys, however, said the running back asked that they make public the video before the city's deadline.

The university issued a statement Friday night, shortly after the video was released:

"University officials were made aware of the content of the video prior to taking action with respect to Joe Mixon [in 2014]," the school said. "Based on that information, the university immediately suspended and removed Mr. Mixon from the football team for one year, during which high standards of conduct were expected and maintained. It was made clear to Mr. Mixon at the time of his suspension that violence against women will not go unpunished at the university. Coach [Bob] Stoops has been proactive in presenting training for his team aimed at preventing such behavior in the future. Sensitivity training in the area of violence has been intensified and best practices will continue to be implemented. Mr. Mixon has apologized for his actions and the university hopes that it is an indication that he has learned from his mistakes. We are an educational institution where we hope young people will learn from their mistakes and chart a better future course."

Mixon issued a formal apology last month but also suggested that racial slurs were hurled at him, which he says initiated the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5wIj7LbslY

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder what was said that made it get to that point?

Lmao @ the chick with the green top
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this stupid drug addict ? , yes she has a history of arrests for pills and a dui I believe but you wont hear about that tho. what if the shoe was on the other foot and mixon had charges? you wouldnt hear the end of it but its her so no one says ? . shoulda kept her hands and racist words to herself. simple as that.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should not play anymore
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to that Florida state qb who punch that chick
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Double standards man.

There's about to be somebody come in here and say that he should've just walked away or calmly held her until she calmed down, etc... etc...
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    What happened to that Florida state qb who punch that chick

He transferred to FAU this week I believe. Probably will be their starter. Nice to see he's bouncing back.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Double standards man.

There's about to be somebody come in here and say that he should've just walked away or calmly held her until she calmed down, etc... etc...

lol yeah held her down till he gets accused of sexually assaulting her
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    You gotta be smarter than that ultimately...definitely looks to be unnecessary ...now obviously you can't hear what's being said in the clip or why the altercation escalated that abruptly...but realistically as a letterman athlete you have to really understand what kind of climate you're in and what you have to lose ...too many of these women out here believe they are entitled to physically and aggressively put hands on men without repercussion and often times they have those ideas reinforced by their coddling enablers which land them in these exact kinds of situations ...bruhs need to be more collected in how they deal with these kinds of indivuals ...because now this dude lost his reputation and earning potentional over what looks to be foolishness snoop.png

? that, they want equality they got it. america voted trump in. I dont know what kinda climate you talkin bout lol and btw he'll still go to the NFL and get rich. ? that drug addict racist ?
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't put your hands on somebody and expect nothing to happen to you.

But with that said he probably could've/should've restrained her, he has more to lose than her.

I don't know if this kid is any good or has potential to get to the league, but if he's on the borderline a lot of teams probably won't ? with him with video of this being out.

They don't really ? around when it comes to domestic violence anymore, at least not with black players. The kicker or punter for the Giants got into some ? at the start of the season but I haven't heard a word about it since then.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come there's not a description of the video like there usually is?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This is one of those times escalation of force comes into play. Should she have put her hands on him or should she get a pass for it? Hell no even though people will because not only is she a woman but she's a white woman. But use common sense. That little pasty ass white girl wasn't going to hurt him. He ain't have to 1 hitter quitter her like that. Restrain her, shove her, hell even an open hand slap like she gave him coo. ? molly whopped her ass like she was a dude his size. Just like I'd call a dude soft for swinging off on another man that much smaller than him I'd call him soft for swinging on a woman like that too. He wasn't in no immediate danger, he could've shoved her off then the footage would show a crazy ? white girl actin an ass. Now all people are going to see is the ? athlete hitting a poor innocent white ? .
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    This is one of those times escalation of force comes into play. Should she have put her hands on him or should she get a pass for it? Hell no even though people will because not only is she a woman but she's a white woman. But use common sense. That little pasty ass white girl wasn't going to hurt him. He ain't have to 1 hitter quitter her like that. Restrain her, shove her, hell even an open hand slap like she gave him coo. ? molly whopped her ass like she was a dude his size. Just like I'd call a dude soft for swinging off on another man that much smaller than him I'd call him soft for swinging on a woman like that too. He wasn't in no immediate danger, he could've shoved her off then the footage would show a crazy ? white girl actin an ass. Now all people are going to see is the ? athlete hitting a poor innocent white ? .

we just gonna ignore the fact she spit on him and called him the n word? alright cool.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If she spit on him then I see no problem
    If she didn't spit on him that was a bit much
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we just gonna ignore the fact she spit on him and called him the n word? alright cool.

No but they will.

He baited her into hittin him that was funny lol she reacted to the flinch like oh ? i must swing lol
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    standing his ground
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta be smarter than that ultimately...definitely looks to be unnecessary ...now obviously you can't hear what's being said in the clip or why the altercation escalated that abruptly...but realistically as a letterman athlete you have to really understand what kind of climate you're in and what you have to lose ...too many of these women out here believe they are entitled to physically and aggressively put hands on men without repercussion and often times they have those ideas reinforced by their coddling enablers which land them in these exact kinds of situations ...bruhs need to be more collected in how they deal with these kinds of indivuals ...because now this dude lost his reputation and earning potentional over what looks to be foolishness snoop.png

? that, they want equality they got it. america voted trump in. I dont know what kinda climate you talkin bout lol and btw he'll still go to the NFL and get rich. ? that drug addict racist ?

OK Bro ...you got it snoop.png
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

OK Bro ...you got it snoop.png

you're right I do, seems you dont...
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

No but they will.

He baited her into hittin him that was funny lol she reacted to the flinch like oh ? i must swing lol

they? you mean they as in the same people who voted for a guy who admitted to sexual assualt with no issue yet are offended by this? people need to call em out on that ? .