Why do people still follow the one drop rule in 2016?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Are blacks really that scared of whites opinions ?

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the one drop rule and what it gotta do with white people
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because African Americans are naive and economically ,political, and socially childish... many of their perspectives are ass juice

Sad to say but that seems to be the truth
  • MazterChef
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Because African Americans are naive and economically ,political, and socially childish... many of their perspectives are ass juice

you real your perspective usually harsh but true most times
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mixed children aren't black it's that simple.

And if they are raised by their white mother, good luck.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »

you real your perspective usually harsh but true most times

@zzombie hates black people hahahaa
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly I thought this thread was about "the five second Rule" for food.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because "mixed" ain't a race
    Cause I don't associate with my cracca side
  • MazterChef
    Options
    Because "mixed" ain't a race
    Cause I don't associate with my cracca side

u a crip now?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    Are blacks really that scared of whites opinions ?

Four answers to this.
    1.One I like how the one drop rule backfires on racist whites who made the rule. Now, they should stay true to it and not change it out of FEAR that it now makes them a minority. The one drop rule worked to their benefit to esteem whiteness and white unity. Now, they see it had a reverse effect to make people with one drop start to (by force) identify with blacks and minority struggles. It's all a numbers game there. So, yes, if you made the one drop rule and enforced it by law, education and every facet of life to the point of throwing ALL your illegitimate children away to the BLACK community and single mothers then YES it is beautiful the black community in return did not throw mulatto children away (as we could have) but instead embraced them and raised them and accepted them as the brothers they were and are.

2. Not so much one drop, but if you're 50% or more black then by the standard of just some type of identification you are black in my opinion**unless you grew up around all whites and your entire social background was white except for one parent. We can't throw away all labels for identity otherwise one can say they're not male or human etcetera. My point is if one's grandmother was mulatto and their grandfather was black and then the mother is black and marries a black husband THEN DAMNIT that kid is just black. ? all the names. Now, if that person wants to do an ancestry trace and find out who people in his bloodline were then that's completely cool and FACT, but when just identifying a color or race then I"m not saying 10% this three quarters and half that and two fifths this. UNLESS CONSTANTLY in that person's bloodline there is a constant mixing of races.

3. LAST AND NOT LEAST, I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE WESLEY SNIPES BLACK. If you don't wanna be black and you are black then ? it. I will consider you black but won't accept you black. Our race ain't recruiting and you can be whatever the hell you want.

4. Rarely, rarely, rarely the case but the simple fact is two dark skinned blacks can have a very mulatto looking child. Whites won't ever have two whites that just have a black baby. Due to this capability being in the history of our race genetically it makes it very hard for blacks to not constantly see light skin or mulattoes as brothers (one drop or not). Extremes are albino's, but below albinos (and I'm really not by any means trying to offend anyone) blacks are just capable and DO produce children who sometimes just have less melanin and therefore turn out lighter. So, instead of asking people's whole history. If I see black obviously in them in multiple ways then Yes I do consider them black.