The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny when I was watching the clips yesterday I thought to myself when I saw Griffin dunk. Like I don't really see or hear about him doin anything crazy like before. Mostly just see deandre these days

That boy really gonna struggle when his ? go.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp

hopefully griffin comes back not too rusty cuz a month off aint a good look
    unless he heals fast he not gonna be in real playing shape until like halfway into January lol
  • Beta
    Options
    He'll probably only be out three weeks
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder where CP3 going?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Ghostface Ilya
    gettyimages_619129222.jpg

OKC gave up him and a first rounder for Jerami Grant. B)

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gobert with 21/12/3 last night while holding marc gasol to 8 points on 4-22 shooting

4 of 22

first he dominated cousins and now gasol

what a season hes having -- hes been carrying the jazz through these injuries and close games -- when he was getting interviewed after the game the reporter asked him if having a game like that against gasol would build his confidence and he was like no im already confident im good -- his attitude is a big reason why hes been able to get so much better

his hands

his finishing around the rim

his FT shooting

have all improved dramatically this year
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Beginning with the 2017 NBA All-Star Game, the starters for both the Eastern and Western Conferences will not solely be determined by fan voting, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

Fans will account for 50 percent of the votes, while NBA players and the media will account for 25 percent each.

THANK YOU ITS ABOUT TIME

lol word,? went too far when zaza was almost voted a starter
  • ckfree
    Options
    if jah nimbleness of foot could translate from O to defense

hed be a franchise building block

now hes just enes kanter

and the more the league goes to spacing

heavy pick and roll play

and one big on the court

the more pronounced his deficiencies will become
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beginning with the 2017 NBA All-Star Game, the starters for both the Eastern and Western Conferences will not solely be determined by fan voting, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

Fans will account for 50 percent of the votes, while NBA players and the media will account for 25 percent each.

THANK YOU ITS ABOUT TIME

for real...aint no way Yao should've made multiple AS teams
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Were there any suspect players voted in as starters last year in y'all opinion?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's cool.

I love DWade but good to know he won't be a starter this year. With voting you never know
  • Beta
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

THANK YOU ITS ABOUT TIME

Ain't no way yao shoulda made the HOF either
  • Beta
    Options
    Wade stops being a starter the min he's out of a heat jersey? I can dig it
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Toronto had a good season, but I didn't like Lowry starting over Wall.

I wouldn't want to bench anyone on the West, but Harden and Davis could've easily been starters.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lillard getting snubbed, but someone's feelings gonna be hurt this year since it's Hella point guards flexin
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    That knee has been a problem from day one. Blakes athleticism hasn't been on the decline the past few years. He's going to be one of those stars that fall off out of no where.

Blakes elite athleticsm is no longer there. The vertical is not what it once was. That's why he's shooting more jumpers.

But if i own an NBA team I'll be really skeptical about signing blake longterm with reoccurring knee issues

That's what I was getting at. Accidentally wrote hasn't instead of has
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

THANK YOU ITS ABOUT TIME

HOF for basketball isn't just NBA
  • Beta
    Options

Lillard getting snubbed, but someone's feelings gonna be hurt this year since it's Hella point guards flexin

It'll be lillard again lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

THANK YOU ITS ABOUT TIME

HOF for basketball isn't just NBA

WORD?!
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CJ @AcresShakers

Looks like Capela is having a MRI done on his knee and has officially been ruled out for tomorrows game which sucks, hes probably the player we could least afford to lose besides Harden but at least it appears to just be soreness and he should be back soon

• ckfree
    Options
    you just knew this was coming too

because fan voting has/had a significant financial impact on guys with the d rose rule