KiD CuDi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin Album Discussion (Sept. 30th)

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this album is so dope. I can do without Act 3 thats really where the album slows down (I do ? with Kitchen tho shout outs to the weirdo Jaden on there) and of course "Releaser" got damn that song so wack
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this album is so dope. I can do without Act 3 thats really where the album slows down (I do ? with Kitchen tho shout outs to the weirdo Jaden on there) and of course "Releaser" got damn that song so wack

Act 3 is interesting for me. I love Dance 4 Eternity & Mature Nature, but don't like Distant Fantasies or Kitchen at all. Wounds is cool, good but not great
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? love that that stretch from ILLusions to Flight at First Sight/Advance. ? stays on repeat. Rose Golden being my fave but Advance is muthafuckin INSANE! Pharrell came back with the classic Neptunes sound.

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Willow Smith track...... FLAMES

I love Willow and Jayden. They are the future and are great people
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I ? love that that stretch from ILLusions to Flight at First Sight/Advance. ? stays on repeat. Rose Golden being my fave but Advance is muthafuckin INSANE! Pharrell came back with the classic Neptunes sound.

Easily the best Act on the whole album. That stretch is quite possibly some of his best work.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    This pretty much is MOTM3...

This ? pulled a Dre "Detox is really Compton" on us

Dont disrespect Dre like that.

? plz

Detox Compton wasnt all that. Call it as I hear it. Thats why it virtually came and went.

It came and went cause u look for projects from the likes of Kid Cudi
    . All good do u

This is an idiotic logic that makes no sense.

I love Chronic and 2001.

Detox Compton
    came and went because it was industry manufactured product.
    He got the Beats/Apple deal
    He cranked out an album in return
    Passed it as an album for a movie
    ? was borderline lifeless and sounded like this was chore for Dre.

He rapped like he was Kendrick
    Majority of the features including Snoop & Game rapped like they were Kendrick

There was no real standout tracks it felt like a glorified mixtape with solid engineer work.
    You sound like an avid super supporter of Compton so I know where the foundation of such outlandish comment stems from.

Rage and The Machine > Compton
    We Got It From Here > Compton
    Awaken My Love > Compton
    Black America > Compton
    1992 > Compton
    Us or Else > Compton (YOUR BOY right there)
    FHD > Compton
    T&Y > Compton

As you can see my range goes, dont be mad ? .

I agree with this fully. This ? knows what he is talking about.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    The first 3K feature got a ? wanting to roll up some Maui Waui and start a conga line

Word I love kid Cudi and 3k . Great collab by them two. This song has alot of filler on first listen but the production is inspiration and very creative.

Btw Jayden Smith should have been on this album
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Btw Kitchen and Cosmic Warrior is dope AF!
  • silverfoxx
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Lol thank ? you caught your error before I did.

Easily the best Act on the whole album. That stretch is quite possibly some of his best work.

Bruh that Act is Godly. In all honesty I think this has surpassed MOTM 1 & 2 as my favorite Cudi album. This ? is damn near AOTY to me, but ATCQ got that. @Qiv_Owan basically put me on Willow (I downloaded her album last night. It's nice, but I really gotta sit and digest it). Bruh everytime I hear "oooooh yea" in RG's 2nd verse I ? lose it.

2016 has been absolutely trash all around, but the third quarter of hip hop releases has been great.

Oh and Releaser is still ? baby diarrhea >_> but you cannot deny Cudi is in most of these new ? ' DNA.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is dope as hell.

By design, rose golden, illusions, mature nature, kitchen, and surfin are all on constant repeat
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh that Act is Godly. In all honesty I think this has surpassed MOTM 1 & 2 as my favorite Cudi album. This ? is damn near AOTY to me, but ATCQ got that. @Qiv_Owan basically put me on Willow (I downloaded her album last night. It's nice, but I really gotta sit and digest it). Bruh everytime I hear "oooooh yea" in RG's 2nd verse I ? lose it.

2016 has been absolutely trash all around, but the third quarter of hip hop releases has been great.

Oh and Releaser is still ? baby diarrhea >_> but you cannot deny Cudi is in most of these new ? ' DNA.

@LcnsdbyROYALTY if Jaden and Willow drop an album i would buy that ? ...this track put me on to both of them

https://youtu.be/OCjV1biCjHY
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    This album got so much better on 3rd listen. Still dont ? with Releaser.

Bro you ain't lying this ? goooooooooo!!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

@LcnsdbyROYALTY if Jaden and Willow drop an album i would buy that ? ...this track put me on to both of them

https://youtu.be/OCjV1biCjHY

Ironically I heard this recently. Downloaded CTV2 last week when that Cole dropped
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I'm on my third listen already, idk bruh this maybe top 3 album of any genre this year. ? gets insane more and more you listen
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another 'meh' December album. This junt borderline trash. Such an underwhelming month
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man yall getting me so hype i might go ahead and support.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Willow Smith track...... FLAMES

I love Willow and Jayden. They are the future and are great people

Don't really ? with them. They come off as fake deep. It seems forced to me but I don't know them outside of a few clips so what do I know. They're talented as hell tho. Glad the album is being received positively. Cuder is the ? man. Long live the rager
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sick album, this is the cudi i've been waiting for.

My only gripe would be it's a tad too long but that's about it.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Yeh this is definitely one of the 5 best albums of the year period
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that album.

All in
    Wounds
    Frequency
    The joint with 3 stacks
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bravo Scott Mescudi
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    A ? hittin Best Buy ASAP tomorrow morning. This ? Scott deserves my dollar.