Who are the most intellectual IC Members?

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Intellect shows up on the IC in small doses. Being an intellectual means you usually have the ability to look at ? using reason and being objective, rather than looking at ? through an emotional prism.

Most people on here can't do that at all. The ones who can, can usually only do it once a year or some ? .

So you would say most of the people on here are double digits intelligence or barely in the 3 digit intelligence parameter?

Intelligence and intellect aren't the same thing. There are plenty of really intelligent people on the IC.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Any man claiming to be a feminist is an intellectual cuckold

@(nope) @Undefeatable and @blue_london are intellectual cuckolds
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    @Kai was the smart nerd in school for sure.

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

He's a passionate intellectual :blush: It's okay for men to be adventuresome in conversation, taking risks while being warm and vulnerable.

I'd love to sip some cherry wine with him and discuss the purpose of art in modern society.

smh
    Dont think ive ever seen an insult like this on here
    This ditzy high ? broad just invited a ? to be her ? best friend
    Beam kys

Many people don't read for comprehension and it's one of the more concerning dilemmas in education... how to assure not only functional literacy but intrinsic literacy that includes the ability to comprehend AND think critically.

That being said, your post presents one of the more pressing issues in our popular culture... which serves to explain why you didn't make anyone's list of intellectuals.
  • zzombie
    Options

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

He's a passionate intellectual :blush: It's okay for men to be adventuresome in conversation, taking risks while being warm and vulnerable.

I'd love to sip some cherry wine with him and discuss the purpose of art in modern society.

smh
    Beam kys

Many people don't read for comprehension and it's one of the more concerning dilemmas in education... how to assure not only functional literacy but intrinsic literacy that includes the ability to comprehend AND think critically.

That being said, your post presents one of the more pressing issues in our popular culture... which serves to explain why you didn't make anyone's list of intellectuals.

You being a woman and putting a "male" feminist on your list of intellectuals makes the respectability of your opinion on the matter dubious.
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

smh
    Beam kys

? , critical thinking is the best indicator of intelligence imo and it seems to be the one skill falling by the way side in terms of the skills kids are learning in school.

My mom is an English teacher, a subject that requires a lot of critical thinking, and she says she can tell a drastic difference in the last 5 years or so as far as the kids' critical thinking skills

Same with the kids I ta. They can't just read a question and figure out what is being asked and how to best answer those questions with adequate/proper support. You have to literally walk them thru step by step to get to a cohesive point, and if I gotta walk you thru it, that's my critical thinking not yours lol

As far as my intelligence, iunno, I never think of myself as super smart or anything. probably cuz I'm always around people much smarter than I am, in my family and at work/school. I just think I'm very good at critical thinking and retaining information

Posters who's posts I take seriously include you, tabby, sion (even tho I don't understand the first thing about business or economics). There's plenty more I can't think of at the moment

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any man claiming to be a femnist needs his ? cut off, and have it shoved in his mouth.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    There are some smart folks here but Jesus Christ there are some ? ? .

um.....
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Any man claiming to be a femnist needs his ? cut off, and have it shoved in his mouth.

Any man that's threatened by women achieving empowerment in the education and work forces sounds more like the one that needs that.

But you keep up the real masculine work of keeping women barefoot, pregnant, and subjugated *rolls eyes*

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kai wrote: »

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

smh
    Beam kys

? , critical thinking is the best indicator of intelligence imo and it seems to be the one skill falling by the way side in terms of the skills kids are learning in school.

My mom is an English teacher, a subject that requires a lot of critical thinking, and she says she can tell a drastic difference in the last 5 years or so as far as the kids' critical thinking skills

Same with the kids I ta. They can't just read a question and figure out what is being asked and how to best answer those questions with adequate/proper support. You have to literally walk them thru step by step to get to a cohesive point, and if I gotta walk you thru it, that's my critical thinking not yours lol

As far as my intelligence, iunno, I never think of myself as super smart or anything. probably cuz I'm always around people much smarter than I am, in my family and at work/school. I just think I'm very good at critical thinking and retaining information

Posters who's posts I take seriously include you, tabby, sion (even tho I don't understand the first thing about business or economics). There's plenty more I can't think of at the moment

I attended college with a lot of people who I felt lacked basic skills. I'd like to see schools focus less on not leaving kids behind based on standardized curriculum and more on having a variety of pathways so that they can come out of school ready to contribute to society.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    also verbiage doesnt equal intelligence
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dr.chemix....that ? got huey as his AVI
  • zzombie
    Options

cosign feminism has no value to any male calling himself a MAN.... don't let these ? women tell you otherwise
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    outside of that..real spit

playmaker
    trillfate
    goldie
    beta
    2stepz
    sion
    stew
    meester
    zoombie
    shenco
    jokerking
    du
    esbee
    chicity
    BA
    Babelips
    Tabby
    Pico
    Auqa..low key is very smart,ion why she dont display it

off the top of the dome...these folks come accross as people who think with a mind of their own, which i feel is the first key to intelligence, being able to ? and spot ?
  • zzombie
    Options
    Kai wrote: »

Any man that's threatened by women achieving empowerment in the education and work forces sounds more like the one that needs that.

But you keep up the real masculine work of keeping women barefoot, pregnant, and subjugated *rolls eyes*

FEMALE EMPOWERMENT AND FEMINISM ARE NOT EXACTLY THE SAME THING.... THE REAL AGENDA OF FEMINISM IS SELECTIVE EQUALITY.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intelligence... intelligence
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

smh
    Beam kys

Lol sounding like a female T.I
    "Well based on my astute observations of yons posting.....blah blah blah"
    Im on this site when im bored not trying to impress folks like some ;
    Moving forward, I will only be contributing thoughtful and eloquent posts so that my name comes up in threads like these.

I used to be so smart in college. Now I've reached this intellectual growth plateau that's worsening as I age. I wanna be smart again, dammit.

Only reason youre on anyones list is because ? display concupiscent feelings for any callipygian females here regardless of the circumlocution in their posts. Dont get gassed my ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so let me get this right..

a ? without a degree in chemistry or biology or oncology that working with devices that monitor cell cloning and automated hemo-cytology and cancer drugs upstream and downstream with every major pharma company across the planet, owns companies in multiple countries, came from poverty to buying a multi-million dollar company, and now negotiating with a multi-billion dollar Chinese company all without a degree or taking a business class....

don't get a mention?

maybe I'm not the intelligent one but y'all ? .....smdh
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

@Beam
    impresses me.

Because he's a feminist?

smh
    Beam kys

Lol sounding like a female T.I
    "Well based on my astute observations of yons posting.....blah blah blah"
    Im on this site when im bored not trying to impress folks like some ;
    Moving forward, I will only be contributing thoughtful and eloquent posts so that my name comes up in threads like these.

I used to be so smart in college. Now I've reached this intellectual growth plateau that's worsening as I age. I wanna be smart again, dammit.

Only reason youre on anyones list is because ? display concupiscent feelings for any callipygian females here regardless of the circumlocution in their posts. Dont get gassed my ?

Ok you can dismiss yourself now.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah im staying right here
    Say something else slick high ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    A wise man once told me intelligence tests are just clothed ? measuring contests
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What us a hight ? ? Like her ass is literally higher on her body than the average woman?
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so let me get this right..

a ? without a degree in chemistry or biology or oncology that working with devices that monitor cell cloning and automated hemo-cytology and cancer drugs upstream and downstream with every major pharma company across the planet, owns companies in multiple countries, came from poverty to buying a multi-million dollar company, and now negotiating with a multi-billion dollar Chinese company all without a degree or taking a business class....

don't get a mention?

maybe I'm not the intelligent one but y'all ? .....smdh

That's called luck foh
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    all kick different knowledge that i take notes on every now and then

@2stepz_ahead
    @Sion
    @KAI
    @BOSSExcellence
    FiatMoney/Gold Certificate