The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    watch this get blown out proportion b/c Karl is a white man talking about two black players when he's just saying what everyone else has been saying over the past decade

You're ok with a white man once again using the narrative that a black man who doesn't have a father is weak? Ironic he said that ? as Melos dad died when he was 2 to liver cancer. George Karl has lost every where he's went. Had the audacity to throw that posse ? like we don't know what that really means coming from them.

Where does karl specifically say this? he never said this

Black people be the the 1st with the fatherless jokes about other black folks but let whitey say anything close to that then the faux outrage starts.

Same thing when ? clappin ? it's accepted but let a cop do it then everybody mad FOH wit that hypocrisy

? ? ? n the ? gets justice, cop kills ? and that cop gets vacation time, big difference
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Lol Nothing against Lowry, I just feel derozan carrying that team right now, and the 3 pgs I mentioned are having career years
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watch this get blown out proportion b/c Karl is a white man talking about two black players when he's just saying what everyone else has been saying over the past decade

You're ok with a white man once again using the narrative that a black man who doesn't have a father is weak? Ironic he said that ? as Melos dad died when he was 2 to liver cancer. George Karl has lost every where he's went. Had the audacity to throw that posse ? like we don't know what that really means coming from them.

Black people be the the 1st with the fatherless jokes about other black folks but let whitey say anything close to that then the faux outrage starts.

Same thing when ? clappin ? it's accepted but let a cop do it then everybody mad FOH wit that hypocrisy

? ? ? n the ? gets justice, cop kills ? and that cop gets vacation time, big difference

No they don't.There's thousands of homicide cases where black males were the victims that are unsolved.I knew people personally who were killed and no charges.There's a situation where people KNOW who killed a dude and never talked to authorities cuz they're scared.

and that's besides the point in most cases charges are brought up,but there isn't the same outrage when communities are getting destroyed by their own people on a regular basis compared to a cop shootings that happen 500-1000x a year.That's the hypocrisy I'm talkin about
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Wall and it are both all stars, kemba too, someone gotta b snubbed tho. I say lowry

John B about to come out like

iXBVet4zQfqSV.gif

That gif is never not funny
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Karl just trying to sell books.

To me, nothing he said was wrong except the line about fathers and not being a man.

Kenyon Martin and Melo in 2016 are fathers with kids. You dont cross that line.

Other then that though, my mans just trying to get some numbers and eat.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

No they don't.There's thousands of homicide cases where black males were the victims that are unsolved.I knew people personally who were killed and no charges.There's a situation where people KNOW who killed a dude and never talked to authorities cuz they're scared.

and that's besides the point in most cases charges are brought up,but there isn't the same outrage when communities are getting destroyed by their own people on a regular basis compared to a cop shootings that happen 500-1000x a year.That's the hypocrisy I'm talkin about

There are unsolved cases true, but as we've seen its more likely the cop gets off for killin one of us than one of us does, that shouldnt b the case. I don't think anyone is excusing blacks doin harm to blacks but we can't act like there isn't reason for outrage and like everyone is being hypocritical
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

There are unsolved cases true, but as we've seen its more likely the cop gets off for killin one of us than one of us does, that shouldnt b the case. I don't think anyone is excusing blacks doin harm to blacks but we can't act like there isn't reason for outrage and like everyone is being hypocritical

Yes cops usually get off cuz they lie,manipulate evidence/the law and flex their authority in any situation but

we'll just agree to disagree no need to turn this into cnn open forum
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Next year I think the bucks gonna be a problem(3-5 seed) that's a young team they just need to learn how to become consistent.Greak freak 22,jabari 21 this is their 4th and 3rd years in the nba.Both ascending gradually,that Middleton injury derailed their ceiling for this season but they got a core with solid complimentary pieces(teletovic,delladova,brogdon,henson,vaughn).If they can get rid of monroe(he has an opt out next summer) and replace him with bogut they'd be a serious problem.They'd have to trade plumlee to do that tho.Don't know why they re-signed plumlee they got too much dough tied up at the 5 position
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bogut though? Ehhh you coulda said omer asik
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Getting rid of Monroe would b good but I hear his defense improved plus he's a good bench option anyway so scoring doesn't drop off when the starters sit if he's getting time plumlee gotta go regardless tho imo
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bogut didnt leave Milwaukee on the greatest terms but if they could get him that would be a good look, they would basically be replacing what they lost with Pachulia except Bogut is better(if he can stay healthy)
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the timberwolves finally won 2 consecutive games

ive never seen a team manage to pull out to a big lead and blow it so many times in a season

theyve shown a lot of potential especially on the offensive end and theyve had small flashes of defensive brilliance but each opposing team seems to smell blood as soon as the wolves players get comfortable or tired (on the low a contributing factor)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

the fact that the world champions are addressing them like this tells you something

I don't know if it was intentional or sub consciously but kyrie said 4 games lol, but in about 2 years they're not gonna want to face the bucks at all.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Bogut though? Ehhh you coulda said omer asik

I said bogut cuz he's a great passer for a big, good rim protector,sets them illegal screens and don't need the ball.Asik solid but not as versatile but unless monroe opts out and they move that plumlee contract it's a moot point
  • Beta
    Options
    I only mentioned asik because of health issues. Yeah you right on the passing

Dallas regretting bogut because of his health
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    They definitely did I was just telling my homies the blazers are having the season I thought they would last year. Idk what they were doing with those offseason moves either
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The miami heat franchise just called me. They will be retiring my jersey too. July 7 2017!!!
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do any of you think Cousins will get traded this season? I think Sacramento would be silly to not try and trade him because next season teams will low ball them due to him being on the last year of his deal.
  • Beta
    Options
    Do any of you think Cousins will get traded this season? I think Sacramento would be silly to not try and trade him because next season teams will low ball them due to him being on the last year of his deal.

I been saying cousins going to the wizards since the wizards lost to the weak ass hawks in 2014
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2016
    Options

Nah unless they go in a free fall kings just opened a new arena cousins all they got you can't sell fans on coming out to watch jaylen brown and marcus smart (hypothetically).The west weak this year kings hangin around that 8 spot so they'll try to make the playoffs.I agree wit the bolded tho

edit wit the new cba catered to teams keeping their stars kings may just re-sign him.Don't know if cousins will turn down 6 years 200 mil
    They definitely did I was just telling my homies the blazers are having the season I thought they would last year. Idk what they were doing with those offseason moves either

I thought they should of re-signed crabbe and harkless the turner move made no sense at all