College Student Earns 4.0 GPA, Then Drops Out: "You Are Being Scammed!"

Options
13»

Comments

• Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He may have gotten a 4.0, but this was mostly dumb.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    @jono I got questions for you, bro.

1. Who are these people who hate education? I've never heard anyone say or allude to that.

2. Who are these people who want to be well-off but don't want to plan, read and study?

And let's exclude overly ignorant hood ? who we all know don't know any better on some '? ? all that reading? Your shorty can't eat no books, man!'.

In addition to the ignorant hood ? you have plenty of white folks too, including those in government.

Those who want to destroy public education for starters. I just made a thread a week or so ago about the State of Michigan feeling like they are not required to guarantee literacy to their students. States like Texas that manipulate history books.

Surely we don't think these people like education?

How many politicians have run (nationally) on the concept of destroying the Dept of Education? The people who push for charter schools (which is just a cash grab not about education quality), school closings, standardized testing measures etc.

The United States has become increasingly more anti-science, anti-intellectual and operated by retards. Hence my question.

Yeah I can tell already that you and I view this whole thing from totally different angles. I don't think those people you mentioned hate education in any shape, form or fashion. They're misguided and pushing their own agendas. But I wouldn't say that they hate education.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can work a job AND go to school.
  • smp4life
    Options
    You can also save money by going to community college, getting an AA, then transfering those credits to a 4 year school. Plenty of ways to reduce that huge college debt many get saddled with.
  • smp4life
    Options
    Honestly, the "yo bro, college is a scam" is probably a the conservative Heritage foundation think-tank type campaign. They don't want minorities to be educated and they believe college is "liberalizing" people. As Trump said, "I love the poorly educated!"
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smp4life
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Honestly, the "yo bro, college is a scam" is probably a the conservative Heritage foundation think-tank type campaign. They don't want minorities to be educated and they believe college is "liberalizing" people. As Trump said, "I love the poorly educated!"

Why you flagging me dude?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    College ain't a silver bullet.
    That said compare going to college versus not going

/thread
    I'm glad a few smart people post on the IC
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    College ain't a silver bullet.
    That said compare going to college versus not going

/thread
    I'm glad a few smart people post on the IC

I'm not even sure what his point or yours is though

That's a vague statement

Compare going vs not going in regards to what? (What field, what time)

O/P point I assume was you don't have to go to be successful, he's right
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think I can disagree with anything he said. I don't think everybody should drop out but it's definitely a scam, for lack of a better word.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Not that I disagree, but freshman year has a lot of ? courses.

It's to weed people out. The system can't have everyone getting a degree. That's why every major has a ? hard statistics class

The system ain't working cause that is a major problem right now. Damn near everyone got a degree so way too many degrees damn near no matter what its in ain't worth ? especially if its just a BA.

If it ain't a master's or higher they don't care.

BA is basically the equivalent of a high school diploma right now in the work force

I know this is the cool thing to say nowadays, but it's just not true.

I don't know or care what is the cool thing to say nowadays but as far as my statement I've been saying that and having that opinion for YEARS.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's easy to drop out when your skin color won't have a direct bearing in how people view you.

a white exercising white privilege..

an he don't even know it

As soon they took their first breath in the world. Privilege white people were born with an associate's degree on their skin
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im wit h him ? college especially you burgois hbcu ? .
    ? people!
    Burn ? !
    ? school!