7 Groups And One Of Em's Gotta Go

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast
    Wu Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 should have zero votes...

Fixed
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Roots
    Wu Tribe should have zero votes...
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Wu Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 should have zero votes...

Fixed
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Roots
    The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels of Steel
    https://youtu.be/gXNzMVLqIHg
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Roots
    I'll take THE MESSAGE over the Roots career... The Roots are solid but they dont have anything legendary in their catalogue other than being able to play live instruments in shows...I hate live instruments in hip hop ...I like dj's and scratches
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The roots/Grandmaster Flash & the furious 5/outkast/Nwa get my vote.All these groups suck
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5
    Didn't even hesitate with this one
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melle Mel owes the jump start of the group career to Duke ? who wrote and produced the Message ...... Mel just contributed a verse straight from Superrappin ....... the rest of the five didn't even want to do the song and that's why they're not on it

And Planet Rock was the song that made the world sit up and take notice of rap with it's crossover electro funk ....... The Message came after and shined the light on the plight of the inner cities ..... plus they pretty much broke up after the 1st album any way so ......
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast
    *screams like a chick in a horror flick*
    I'm so getting my life off this thread!!!!!!!!
    *faints*
  • *~queenbee~*
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Outkast
    The message might be the most influential song of all timeand I know they are pioneers but from a music standpoint yea they can get the ? outta here compared to those other groups, those pictures aren't helping their cause either
    *awakens from a very dark unconscious place*

@its....JOHN B that's my all time favorite music video though; no shade!!!!!!!!
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Outkast
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Melle Mel owes the jump start of the group career to Duke ? who wrote and produced the Message ...... Mel just contributed a verse straight from Superrappin ....... the rest of the five didn't even want to do the song and that's why they're not on it

And Planet Rock was the song that made the world sit up and take notice of rap with it's crossover electro funk ....... The Message came after and shined the light on the plight of the inner cities ..... plus they pretty much broke up after the 1st album any way so ......

Dude I was 6 years old in 1979. I remember hearing Rappers Delight for the first time. I also remember Freedom, Birthday Party Rhyme, Its Nasty and Adventures of Grandmaster Flash and the Wheels of Steel. All of those songs came out before The Message and they were on my radar when I was just a kid.

And as far as making "the world sit up and take notice of rap" you must be forgetting Rappers Delight and The Breaks. Both of those songs were certified platinum by the RIAA.

Also Rapture by Blondie was a pretty big hit. And Grandmaster Flash was in the video, and she name checked him.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Message is one of my favorite songs ever & its very influential.. but these groups surpassed them in every way.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The message might be the most influential song of all timeand I know they are pioneers but from a music standpoint yea they can get the ? outta here compared to those other groups, those pictures aren't helping their cause either

So you like the video but not the song? I don't get it, why would I take that as shade?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao at ? actually voting Kast... I hate yall, b
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a pioneer doesn't mean your good...it just means you were first

The whole argument that they were first so obviously they shouldn't be voted for is straight clown ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sucks it had to be flash. Dudes laid out the blueprint. The other groups made better music though.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude I was 6 years old in 1979. I remember hearing Rappers Delight for the first time. I also remember Freedom, Birthday Party Rhyme, Its Nasty and Adventures of Grandmaster Flash and the Wheels of Steel. All of those songs came out before The Message and they were on my radar when I was just a kid.

And as far as making "the world sit up and take notice of rap" you must be forgetting Rappers Delight and The Breaks. Both of those songs were certified platinum by the RIAA.

Also Rapture by Blondie was a pretty big hit. And Grandmaster Flash was in the video, and she name checked him.

Rappers delight is a given but didn't do damage over seas like Planet Rock.
    Debbie Harry gave Flash & Fab 5 Freddy a shout due to Freddy taking her uptown to a hip hop party where Flash was spinning ....... this has nothing to do with the furious five impact tho
    You trying to give them all these props and accolades but they're mainly know as one of the 1st rap groups with one classic song and a few more good ones ....... you're killing your own argument by mentioning Kurtis Blow and the Sugar hill gang who had better run in the business
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Outkast

Debbie Harry gave Flash & Fab 5 Freddy a shout due to Freddy taking her uptown to a hip hop party where Flash was spinning ....... this has nothing to do with the furious five impact tho
    You trying to give them all these props and accolades but they're mainly know as one of the 1st rap groups with one classic song and a few more good ones ....... you're killing your own argument by mentioning Kurtis Blow and the Sugar hill gang who had better run in the business

^^^ Complete nonsense

Melle Melle would ? violent diarrhea all over Kurtis Blow and the Sugarhill Gang.

Sugarhill Gang was washed up by 1981 and Kurtis Blow's career had peaked by 1985.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont pretend I have them on my playlist
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Outkast
    Here's a show Grandmaster Flash Flash and the Furious 4 (before Rahiem joined the crew) did in 1978. Before rappers Delight was released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBucLnKRZU
  • *~queenbee~*
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Outkast

So you like the video but not the song? I don't get it, why would I take that as shade?

Sorry if I had confused you earlier @its....JOHN B. You must understand that I'd recently fainted and I wasn't in my right state of mind at the time. :s What I wanted to say was that I love both song and video. <3 Please forgive me!!! :3
  • *~queenbee~*
    Options
    Outkast
    Lmfao at ? actually voting Kast... I hate yall, b

....and I hate you back, ? .
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Outkast contributed nothing but fuckery
    andre.jpg?quality=90
    young_thug_hb_080916_2.jpg
    Get em tf outta here

Oh so we judging these groups by their look now

I'm not sure yall Furious Hive wanna go there

photo-of-grandmaster-flash-with-the-furious-five-picture-id85843169?s=594x594

pause

grandmaster-flash-furious_five_fashion_small.jpg

pause

portriat-of-hip-hop-group-grandmaster-flash-the-furious-five-1984-picture-id136516674?s=594x594

These cats made Prince and the Revolution look like superthugs :joy:

Bu bu but thats how everyone dressed back then

Old posters need to sit down and take this L

Funny post but that's how they dressed when they performed. It was their costume.

lcazpxbze9id.gif
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

^^^ Complete nonsense

Melle Melle would ? violent diarrhea all over Kurtis Blow and the Sugarhill Gang.

Sugarhill Gang was washed up by 1981 and Kurtis Blow's career had peaked by 1985.

What the ? does any of this have to do with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 "inventing rap" as you claim.

• 5 Grand
    Options
    Outkast

^^^ Complete nonsense

What the ? does any of this have to do with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 "inventing rap" as you claim.

Because Mecca 1000 said, "Rappers delight is a given but didn't do damage over seas like Planet Rock.
    You trying to give them all these props and accolades but they're mainly know as one of the 1st rap groups with one classic song and a few more good ones ....... you're killing your own argument by mentioning Kurtis Blow and the Sugar hill gang who had better run in the business"