Marshall Mathers diss track appreciation thread ( aka end of them icp weirdos)

Options

Comments

• metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    What hip hop heads was hating on ICP, Everlast, NSYNC and Britney Spears? And wishing for them to be dissed? U bugging.

Eminem catalog has no substance. It has aged horribly. That super MC, 80 words in one bar, flow he's been doing for the past few years is just as horrible.

It's all about the good music and good vibes. Em doesn't have that. I don't care if he can freestyle or do whatever else thats giving you butterflies in your stomach.

*edit* everything I said about this post cause....

Obie Trice's Cheers >>> Eminem's whole catalog.

:joy: I know what I'm dealing with now. Good day sir

@Stew

So "Cheers" is not better than every Eminem album?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    What hip hop heads was hating on ICP, Everlast, NSYNC and Britney Spears? And wishing for them to be dissed? U bugging.

Eminem catalog has no substance. It has aged horribly. That super MC, 80 words in one bar, flow he's been doing for the past few years is just as horrible.

It's all about the good music and good vibes. Em doesn't have that. I don't care if he can freestyle or do whatever else thats giving you butterflies in your stomach.

*edit* everything I said about this post cause....

Obie Trice's Cheers >>> Eminem's whole catalog.

:joy: I know what I'm dealing with now. Good day sir

@Stew

So "Cheers" is not better than every Eminem album?

No, it's not and Obie Trice himself would tell u that.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's ridiculous to say Eminem is not a dope lyricist. He is. That said, this dude went at boy bands and Brittney Spears. Like, if we were talking about ANYONE ELSE, ? wouldn't respect it at all. Insane Clown Posse?? For real?? Cmon, bruh. ? serious with this ? ?? In terms of his catalog, I personally haven't listened to an entire Em album in years. There are other albums that dropped when he was dropping that still resonate. IMO, he was a fascinating character at the time but no longer
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    White boy can rhyme but his music still lacks soul to a degree...As far as diss records go he has never went at worthy opponents..killing Pop stars don't count,b...

Blk ppl(aleast the ones around me) don't wanna hear suspect cracka granola bars about ? your own mama,snorting coke,? sex,sucking off your stepfather, serial killing,keeping aborted fetuses in a shoebox and all types of degenerate white people ?

Plus eminems albums have aged like skim milk...them cheap sounding ass drumkits he be using grates my ears..Save for a few tracks(renegade,lose yourself)..Otherwise his beats sound like white people trying to dance to funk music

Only some of the tracks Dre produced have aged gracefully...

Only these diet 0 calories nu ? like stew be ? eating eminem
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When did music become abt good vibes?
  • Stew
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    White boy can rhyme but his music still lacks soul to a degree...As far as diss records go he has never went at a worthy opponents..killing Pop stars don't count,b...

Blk ppl(aleast the ones around me) don't wanna hear suspect cracka granola bars about ? your own mama,snorting coke,? sex,sucking off your stepfather, serial killing,keeping aborted fetuses in a shoebox and all types of denegrate white people ?

Plus eminems albums have aged like skim milk...them cheap sounding ass drumkits he be using grates my ears..Save for a few tracks(renegade,lose yourself)..Otherwise his beats sound like white people trying to dance to funk music

How dare you insult me cause of a talented rapper(u JUST admitted that :joy:) that I like, wheres the logic in that? This aint Gucci Mane or Big Sean we talkin about. I PROMISE theres other rappers you like that are not at good as Em and you know it. lol @ "nu ? " theres a really good chance im probably older than you :joy:
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White boy can rhyme but his music still lacks soul to a degree...As far as diss records go he has never went at a worthy opponents..killing Pop stars don't count,b...

Blk ppl(aleast the ones around me) don't wanna hear suspect cracka granola bars about ? your own mama,snorting coke,? sex,sucking off your stepfather, serial killing,keeping aborted fetuses in a shoebox and all types of denegrate white people ?

How dare you insult me cause of a talented rapper(u JUST admitted that :joy:) that I like, wheres the logic in that? This aint Gucci Mane or Big Sean we talkin about. I PROMISE theres other rappers you like that are not at good as Em and you know it. lol @ "nu ? " theres a really good chance im probably older than you :joy:

But the difference is the quality of the music.

Canibus was ill in 1998 but he couldn't put together a coherent album.

Eminem is the same way. People say his first 3 albums are classics but you can't go to any club in America and play ANYTHING by Eminem in 2016. The DJ would get run out of the club if he played anything by Eminem.

So its not a question of whether or not Eminem has skills on the mic. The question is; how come his best albums didn't age as well as 2001, Its Dark and Hell Is Hot, The Blueprint, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? 's Son, The Black Album, Come Home With Me, Diplomatic Immunity and Beg For Mercy? <<<-- all of those albums came out around the same time as Eminem's so-called classics.
  • Stew
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Eminem is the same way. People say his first 3 albums are classics but you can't go to any club in America and play ANYTHING by Eminem in 2016. The DJ would get run out of the club if he played anything by Eminem.

So its not a question of whether or not Eminem has skills on the mic. The question is; how come his best albums didn't age as well as 2001, Its Dark and Hell Is Hot, The Blueprint, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? 's Son, The Black Album, Come Home With Me, Diplomatic Immunity and Beg For Mercy? <<<-- all of those albums came out around the same time as Eminem's so-called classics.

:joy: at the bolded albums. Smh

? I absolutely disagree with your assessment other than the DJ comment, Now what? This all started with dude saying Em is wack.
  • EyeofAsaru
    edited December 2016
    Options

Lol@u thinking the term "nu ? " is in regards to age...Genocide is a nu ? too

But anyways..yeah Eminem is talented But does that translate to ageless music? Depends on who you asking..to my ears? Hell no!

Eye will say this tho...Gucci mane got more rhythm than Eminem...and he is loved by more black people than em...Eminem mostly rhymes for the sake of rhyming words...Long winded wordy verses about nonsense does not make you a elite emcee

• 5 Grand
    Options

? I absolutely disagree with your assessment other than the DJ comment, Now what? This all started with dude saying Em is wack.

Which of Em's albums have more replay value in 2016 than Come Home With Me, Beg For Mercy and Diplomatic Immunity?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welp, that about sums it up.
  • Stew
    Options

Lol@u thinking the term "nu ? " is in regards to age...Genocide is a nu ? to

But anyways..yeah Eminem is talented But does that translate to ageless music? Depends on who you asking..to my ears? Hell no!

Eye will say this tho...Gucci mane got more rhythm than Eminem...and he is loved by more black people than em...Eminem mostly rhymes for the sake of rhyming words...Long winded wordy verses about nonsense does not make you a elite emcee

:joy: people say this about Wu-Tang all the time. Then you say "that's not all their music is about" right? Same with Em, you're clueless if you think so. Shall we go on so I can prove you wrong or u good?
  • Stew
    Options

Which of Em's albums have more replay value in 2016 than Come Home With Me, Beg For Mercy and Diplomatic Immunity?

He has 4 albums that I listen to much more than those. Does that upset u that I think that? :joy:
  • EyeofAsaru
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Man eye rather bump diplomatic immunity than any Eminem album

That lyrical mumbo jumbo over stiff white ? frequencies em makes doesn't really have replayability to me
  • Stew
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He dodged the hell out of that one :joy: You guys are terrible debaters. In an "appreciation" thread talkin about nonsense, wonder why....
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Marshall Mathers is better than all of those albums and it's not even close

Man ? out of here with that ?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

He has 4 albums that I listen to much more than those. Does that upset u that I think that? :joy:

It doesn't upset me, it just confirms that you have poor taste.
  • Stew
    Options

This coming from the same guy that thinks Grand Master & The Furious 5 is better than Outkast.....

yz2aycslslki.gif
  • EyeofAsaru
    edited December 2016
    Options

:joy: people say this about Wu-Tang all the time. Then you say "that's not all their music is about" right? Same with Em, you're clueless if you think so. Shall we go on so I can prove you wrong or u good?

You reaching nu ? ..Wu tang overall at their core represent something deeper than eminems cartoonish drugged out serial killer ? ...At the core you'll find 5 Percenter doctrine and knowledge ...their movement represented ressurrecting mentally dead ?

Marshall mathers rap moniker is phonetically the same as m&m..some ? candy..and that's actually what listening to eminems music feels like..like I'm ingesting some toxic ass candy that ain't good for my soul

Wu tang has more soul than Eminem..
  • Stew
    Options

You reaching nu ? ..Wu tang overall at their core represent something deeper than eminems cartoonish drugged out serial killer ? ...At the core you'll find 5 Percenter doctrine and knowledge ...their movement represented ressurrecting mentally dead ?

Marshall mathers rap moniker is phonetically the same as m&m..some ? candy..and that's actually what listening to eminems music feels like..like I'm ingesting some toxic ass candy that ain't good for my soul

Wu tang has more soul than Eminem..

Where did this question even come from? The ? is white, no ? :joy: apparently people love to listen to music outside of their box sometimes, imagine that......

In an "appreciation" thread talkin about nonsense, wonder why....

• L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think eminem is a top 5 rapper but if some ppl think hes overrated who cares? Not everyone is gonna agree with my taste in music and i doubt youll ever convince someone to change their opinion
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what was this eminem vs ICP beef even about anyay?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

This coming from the same guy that thinks Grand Master & The Furious 5 is better than Outkast.....

yz2aycslslki.gif

Melle Mel >>> Andre 3000
  • Stew
    edited December 2016
    Options

yz2aycslslki.gif

Melle Mel >>> Andre 3000

Thanks for proving my point that your opinion is ? and you dont even see me in any Melle Mel appreciation threads screaming how "his music doesnt age well". See how that works? :joy:
  • 5 Grand
    Options

yz2aycslslki.gif

Melle Mel >>> Andre 3000

Thanks for proving my point that your opinion is ? and you dont even see me in any Melle Mel appreciation threads screaming how "his music doesnt age well". See how that works? :joy:

Dude, your responsible for Project Pat being in The Vault.

Don't talk ? about my taste.