LMS Debate: Nomad vs Aggyaf: Is home schooling better than a traditional education?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @NeighborhoodNomad.

Again, you are over generalizing based on your personal experiences. I beg the judges to consider the irrelevance of personal anecdotes in a debate without supporting evidence.

However, if anecdotes are acceptable in this format, consider this: you state that you attended several schools growing up. My question to you is do you think homeschooling would have beneficial. Based on what you posted, I think not.

First, to move around so much indicates that your parents 1) were in the military. How effective do you believe your home schooling would have with parents that had to juggle their service/jobs, taking care of the household, AND educate you (and any possible siblings). 2) your parents were divorced/separated. Again, home school would enact an extreme burden on the parent you lived with. I think we can all agree that the average divorced parent would not be able to educate their children at home especially if the divorce was financially taxing or recent. 3) your parents did not care much about what school you went to. Clearly, we can all see how home schooling would fail in this scenario.

Claro.

You mention "community homeschooling" sounds an awful lot like the many extracurricular and enrichment programs offered by traditional schools.

Next, you end your argument with the warm and fuzzy sentence about the goal of home school students to apply their skills to the world. Frankly, that mean nothing, especially if you think home schooling is supposed to fix the racial disparities in education in this country. The traditional school system offers a tried and true pathway to success and THAT can not be debated.

Last, I will end my response with this: STEM. How is a homeschool student supposed to adequate learn chemistry, biology, physics, autocad, etc. even some of the worst schools come equipped with labs and resources designed for educating students on these subjects. How many homeschooled students will have access to microscopes Bunsen burners condensers, nd the other equipment available in school labs. Unless you are rich enough to build a lab for your child, this difference represent a clear disadvantage for homeschooling.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @NeighborhoodNomad. pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Not to derail but I just noticed this matchup
    Paprika wrote: »

200w.gif
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AggyAF

Help me understand, you said "The traditional school system offers a tried and true pathway to success and THAT can not be debated." and yet, here we are debating it. But I need you to realize, not only are we debating it, let the record show you've been agreeing with me in much of your argument "against" me.

Now you ended your argument by suggesting that homeschools are ill equipped to provide the proper tools needed to succeed, but that's pretty much what your opening statement was against public, private, and charter schools, the very side you're supposed to be defending in this debate. Are you suggesting that neither is good for our children? Either way, I'll address your questions.

You asked, "How many homeschooled students will have access to microscopes Bunsen burners condensers, and the other equipment available in school labs?"

The answer is, as many homeschools that need them. Prepared homes will have the tools needed for the lesson. But the same way public, private, and charter schools encourage the idea of college and career, homeschooling promotes and encourages individual skills, purpose and ownership. So if a student shows interest in mechanics, a car in the garage can be worked on. People, businesses and organizations may even donate some of the tools needed. And at the time they are of high school age they'll either be ready for more advanced vocational training or to start their own endeavors, whatever they may be. Also anything that can be done in a lab can be done at home. Baking soda and vinegar bubbles up in a lab the same way it does in a kitchen.

But when was the last time you applied anything you learned in chemistry class?

When was the last time you used a bunsen burner or a petri dish as an adult if you're not in the medical or science field?

So again, if the student shows an interest in science then homeschooling is designed to nurture and intellectually nourish them on their quest in the science field. Otherwise they'll just get the basics while focusing more heavily on the educational desires of that student. Homeschooling is a way of weeding out the useless information and applying the lessons that will be useful in that student's present and future.

Aggy, I need you to remember that true and effective homeschooling is about creating your own curriculum while learning and using skills that will be applied in the world, not just adopting someone else's narrative or failed curriculum at home.

Creating a curriculum is about giving your child the tools they'll really need to succeed and thrive in the world.

Modern day public, private, and charter schools do not provide a tried and true pathway to success. As a matter of fact, the only people who become "successful" in Life are those who create their own path, and not by following a system, or a narrative that is not their own. Homeschooling encourages each student to create their own path and shows them that there's always an alternative (even if you have to make one). There is no service the system provides that offers a tried an true pathway to success. But the modern day public, private, and charter school systems designed a tried and true school to prison pipeline that cannot be denied for People of Color.

I also don't remember claiming it will completely fix the racial disparities in this country, but homeschooling will provide a learning environment where the student doesn't have to deal with racist teachers in a racist system. When that child leaves his home, he still might have to put the hands on Billy Bob, but not at home, not at school, not where they get their educational nourishment from, not in a place they are valued as more than just a student.

Will there be racism in the class if the class is in your home?

Will the students get suspended and expelled from home?

Also a homeschool teacher approaches his work as an honorable duty, and not just as a job. Now how many public, private, and charter school teachers approach their work as a burdensome job? As I said before, I was "taught" by some of them. Teachers go on strike all the time. Parents don't. And we're not talking about parents who give up responsibility of their child of course.

At the end of the day, our children should be taught by people who care about those children's well-being on a personal level.

Speaking of care; Some form of community homeschooling would have been the greater option for myself, to answer your first question, and the same applies to all 3 scenarios you presumed about me. One of the reasons homeschooling would've been better for me is that it would've provided me with a home, or a village environment for me to learn and thrive in because it takes a village to raise a child. The teacher would've been someone from my community that I knew on a personal level like a friends parent or guardian and they would've treated us all like their own kids, ass whoopins and all. Hypothetically speaking of course.

And I didn't over generalize anything about my own life experiences. I spoke it how it was.

I'll close by saying that modern day public, private, and charter schools systems are not failing systems, they are working perfectly and exactly as they were designed to work, and that is to provide information to keep the people in-formation. It's filled with information we rarely apply in our daily lives or information that makes us better as a people, individually, collectively, or culturally.

Homeschooling is necessary for creating an alternative education system that not only nurtures and cultivates each student's individual skills, it gives them real tools they'll apply in their everyday life, or more thoroughly prepares them for the real world.

Homeschooling is a necessary step for any people who know it's time for them to completely rewrite their own narrative.

So when choosing between an intentionally corrupt public, private, and charter education system Aggy, Ladies, and Gentlemen, homeschooling is incomparably the greater, more effective and wiser choice.

Thank you.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    this has turned into a good ass debate....props to you guys.

I like how they are acknowledging each other directly.

@AggyAF
    the format or a format will be used in the next debate before the men vs the women.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @NeighborhoodNomad.

Unfortunately, your response misconstrues the points made in my post. Even so, they do not sufficiently weaken their validity. My statment about traditional schooling being a tried and true method to success IS a fact. However, your critique falls flat as you don't acknowledge that "a" does not mean "only". This distinction is important because the fact is traditional schooling works and millions of student succeed within this system. There is no general consensus over the effectiveness of homeschooling. This is a sentiment backed by various surveys among educational professionals and teachers. Unfortunately, you are defending an inherently flawed position :/

The supposed merits of homeschooling that you mention: elimination of useless information, creation of a personalised curriculum, and the presence of teachers that "care", all exist within tradional school systems (public, private, charter). Yes homeschooling may offer those things, but with a substantial cost.

Which brings me to drive home the point that you failed to adequately address: which is the substantial cost of educating a child. The average cost of educating just one student is enormous, the average household does not have the resources to compete with our traditional school systems. Dismissing the availability of lab equipment in school settings does not speak to the reality faced by most families.

What makes you think that "people" or "businesses" will donate time energy and money to help educate one homeschooled child or group of siblings? And to reference your car in the garage exAmple, what if thAt homeschooled child's family doesn't own a car? Is it practical or even feasible for parents to buy car parts to educate their children? Again, another added cost. ? forbid this homeschooled child lives in an urban area like Manhattan where "car in the garage" is in most cases a foreign concept. What about the child in a rural community with an intersting in learning a foreign language like French or Mandarin. It is far more likely that you will find a teacher of these subjects in traditional schools than through private teachers or someone from the community.

OUR traditional school systems combat these issues by providing the space and resources so that all students can have access. And the costs associating with providing the space will come from property taxes and state funds (the community) or donors/tuition for private schools.

The second half of your argument relies too much on baseless statements. I quote: "the only people who become "successful" in Life are those who create their own path, and not by following a system, or a narrative that is not their own"

" homeschool teacher approaches his work as an honorable duty, and not just as a job"

"it gives them real tools they'll apply in their everyday life, or more thoroughly prepares them for the real world"

Three statements that are either unsubstantiated or an appeal to emotion :s. Or both.

To summarise, homeschooling is impractical and unrealistic. It will add additional costs to parents who, unless are wealthy, will not be able to compete with what traditional school systems can offer.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    @AggyAF

The topic at hand is asking the question if homeschooling is better than modern-day public, private, and charter schools. We've (both you and I) briefly highlighted several reasons that homeschooling is not only the better option, but we're beginning to see why it may be our only true way of (re)writing our own narrative for one's entire educational journey and experience.

Once one recognizes the necessity of anything in their own or their loved ones lives, one makes the proper adjustments, changes and maybe even sacrifices necessary to do what needs to be done. And you can apply this principle on any level.

But you know what, you're right, I haven't mentioned the cost of homeschooling yet. It's a great question and a very common one.

And once again you agree with me by saying that homeschooling can provide elimination of useless information, creation of a personalised curriculum, and the presence of teachers that "care", but according to you, the catch is that all of this comes at a "substantial price". Now let's see if that's true.

According to several sources, homeschooling parents spend anywhere between $600 - $900 (some even do it at around $500) a year on each child's homeschooling needs.

Now how does this compare to public school?

The US government pays over $10,000 a year per student. Yes, the national average cost of a public school education is over $10,000 a year per student. The national average of "back to school shopping" alone is over $600. Yes, just the back to school part. Let's not forget the many school fees like registration, sports activities, extra curricular and after school programs, lunches, field trips, standardized test fees, uniforms for private and charter, etc. Some public schools even charge a tuition for kindergarten. At the end of the year, a parent could easily have spent $3,500 on each student on the fees and extra curricular activities alone!

The current narrative is that:

1. "It's cheaper to put your kids in public school"

2. "I don't have the time/My schedule won't allow it"

3. "I work full time, so I can't homeschool my child"

4. "I can't afford to homeschool my child"

5. "I'm a working single parent, so homeschooling is not an option"

Every single one of these is a false narrative. Every single one! So not only does it cost less on average to homeschool, the truth is, there's several examples of parents all over the country who work full time jobs and successfully homeschool their children. There's even examples of single parents who work full time jobs and successfully homeschool their children. Online homeschooling software is available to parents and students as well as free curriculums and free books online. It's all about finding what works for you. Some examples were of low income homeschooling parents, others were of middle class homeschooling parents, but they all made it work because they recognized it as a greater alternative to the modern day public, private, and charter school systems, and they were proven right!

I previously mentioned how homeschooling not only allows teachers and students to (re)write their own narrative, and to cultivate their individual skills, but that homeschooling also encourages a more entrepreneurial approach to life. And we see this not only with the students, but with the teachers/parents as well. Many of the homeschooling parents turned into entrepreneurs and eventually started their own business, usually from home, which allowed them to be better parents, teachers and business owners. These are people who are taking ownership of their own education. These are people who are actively taking ownership of their present and future conditions.

Sometimes creating an alternative of learning for my child means it's time to create an alternative of earning for myself.

How can I tell my child to write their own narrative while I follow someone else's?

Also Aggy, you mentioned that homeschooling can't compete with modern day public, private, and charter schools. But I'll submit to you that homeschooling isn't at all in competition with any of the modern day school systems. Homeschool students are learning how to be the best "them" they can be by applying skills they'll be using everyday in the real world, not how to be the best employee or the best impersonation of someone else.

You also said that I was dismissing your questions about the availability of labs for homeschool students, which is untrue. My answer was simple, if the student has a desire for extensive science and microbiology research then that parent will get the necessary tools, one petri dish at a time. Parents also have an option to buy homeschool kits, and depending on the subject, some even come with lab equipment for the student. Otherwise that student will just get the very basics on those subjects, being as science and microbiology will most likely not be a need in their futures, or it won't be something they apply on a regular basis in their adult lives. Chemicals react the same in a lab as they would in a kitchen, living room or garage. Basically, every student isn't going to have a science lab because every student isn't going to be a scientist or a microbiologist, but the students who have a desire to study more in that field will acquire the tools necessary to study more in that field. And as it was mentioned before, the very reason they're being homeschooled in the first place is because a parent or guardian recognized a need and did something about it. So if it's a need, please believe, something will be done about it. You even have the emergence of community labs that provide free and affordable access of laboratory equipment to students and the public.

Also what responsible parent do you know that doesn't approach their parental duties as something honorable and not just a job?

And what people do you know of that have mastered their craft by following traditional rules? I'm not talking about a complacent person with a "good job", I'm talking about that hall of fame life. Any hall of fame anything played the game their own way and mastered it outside of the designated rules. As a matter of fact, the rules may have changed because of the way they naturally played the game. They created their own lane.

My brother Aggy, I'll conclude with this; For our entire discussion you've been interjecting a plethora of "what-ifs". "What if no one donates?", "What if they don't own a car?", "What if they're socially awkward?", "What if they don't have a bunsen burner and an entire laboratory?", "What if they want to be a mechanic in New York"? "What if"?!? But when we focus on "what is", the "what now" becomes painfully obvious. And the "what now" is the solution.

So what now?

Aggy, Ladies and Gentlemen; this isn't even the final round but we all know, Now is the time to choose. If you've ever seen "X" (Spike Lee's movie about Malcolm) there was a scene where Elijah Muhammad offered Malcolm 2 full glasses. One glass was full of crystal clear water, while the other was filled with a polluted liquid that looked almost like oil. Malcolm was then asked which glass he'd rather drink from. The answer is what the vast majority of living organisms on the earth would choose, which was the unpolluted glass with the crystal clear water. Now is the time to choose.

When given the option to choose between an intentionally polluted public, private, or charter school system or a purified and refined homeschool curriculum, the choice is clear, we will choose what we know is good for us.

And when choosing between modern day public, private, and charter school systems, we continue to see that homeschooling is the crystal clear choice.

Thank you.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @NeighborhoodNomad. merry Christmas btw

Again, you open your argument with feel good statements about parents making the necessary changes and sacrifices. Unfortunately, this is another baseless emotional sentiment that doesn't apply in real life uniformally.

You then proceed by distorted my argument (you've done so several times) by only addressing parts and not the whole argument. Your arguments this far have been ruin with logical fallacies that should be easily identifiable by the judges (merry chrimmus to unu).

Now to address your points:

What the government pays to educate a child and what a household pays is two different costs; therefore you are comparing apples to oranges. Please keep in mind, the vast majority of public schools are funded by the property owners in the area through property taxes. You state that homeschooling is cheaper yet do not take into account the sunk cost of property taxes. You are in fact paying more.

But, you say, the average household spends $600 on back to school shopping. This statistic, we can all agree, is outrageous and faulty: there is no specification on whether this include all students( including college and grad age who would clearly largerbcosts than k-12). There is also no information on whether this is the cost per child or household. $600 spent on multiple children is a much more reasonable cost. Third, there is no information on what items qualify as "back to school shopping". For example, including the cost of computers/laptops/textbooks for k-12 would skew that average. As you can see, this statistic is useless as it stands. And even if it were true, back to school shopping is not obligatory so it is not something that necessarily is part of the traditional school system.

Next, as stated before, much of your argument relies not on logic or fact but emotion. You state that parents will "make it work" in regards to homeschooling. Again, another warm and fuzzy idealistic sentiment that does not hold up against scrutiny. Where is the proof and statistics to back this up? Buying home school kits? Another cost you failed to mention before hmm. I'm sure many households could "make it happen", but this will come with an expense, whether financial (interferes with the parents ability to perform at their jobs or ability to keep a job) or have an adverse effect on the education of the child. Are you willing to make the trade off when it comes to your child's education ? Our traditional school system gives parents clear choices with proven track records to choose from. You say that homeschooling gives parents choice but traditional home schooling is the best choice.

Last, I will address your last two arguments: your opinion/argument on the entrepreneurial spirit homeschooling allegedly gives students and homeschooling alleged ability to help student "master their lane" AND your dismissal of the what ifs in life.

According to you, home schooling helps students to become more entrepreneurial and more likely to get to the "hall of fame". Please let the judges and I know, the percentage of the Fortune 500 ceos who were homeschooled vs traditional school path. Also let us know how many of the richest people on our planet were homeschooled vs traditionalally educated. We'll wait.

Last, your penchant for dismissing arguments weakens your stance. I present logical and common what ifs, yet you are unable to address them adequately . Unfortunately, as you should be aware, life is full of what if's. Your proposed solution is not adequate for the majority of students and relies on substantial benovlence that just does not exist. In your closing response, I hope you will attemp to address this point.

To close, the debate topic is not whether homeschooling works (as you identified, it may work for a privileged few). Attempted to court the judges by reiterating yourself does nothing to advance your argument as I'm sure our audience can see. Our topic is in fact whether homeschooling is better than traditional school systems. Clearly, as based on my posts, we can see that it is not.

Feliz navidad.
    #teamworl
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    @AggyAF

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well sir.

First I'd like to say that I'm proud that my arguments provide you with a sense of wellness. They resonated with you because of the truth in it. We've even been in agreement for much of our discussion. The facts I spoke were just that, facts. Re-read my responses as you will see that I provided applicable solutions to everything you claim I dismissed. They're not only applicable, the several solutions I provided are already being applied by thousands of families across the nation. Everything I spoke on are things that are already in motion in households across the nation. I could be wrong but the only hypothetical response I gave was to your question asking if I thought homeschooling would've been better for me. To which I ended that response with "hypothetically speaking of course."

Also the cost of back to school shopping alone included everything from clothes and electronics, to school supplies etc. Yes, it was over $600 per child not household. Per child. I also didn't speak on transportation costs annually either. That's just another unneeded expense among the several expenses already named.

And yes, on a national average, taxpayers are paying over $10,000 per student.

You again brought up a good point, For public, private, or charter students, the prices are different for elementary, middle and high school students. Based on back to school shopping alone the national average is $659 for elementary students, $957 for middle schoolers, and $1,498 for high schoolers. Again, this is just the back to school part. How does this compare to homeschooling?

Again annually parents who homeschool their children on average spent $642 per elementary student, $918 per middle school student and $1,284 per high school student. Homeschool parents on average spent less money a year on their children than parents spend on just the back to school shopping alone for public, private, or charter schools. There are several websites showing how homeschooling is less expensive than public school listing all of the things we mentioned before (curriculum, clothes, supplies, transportation, etc.)

And the homeschool kits range anywhere from free to about $200

You keep asking questions to things that were already answered. I addressed everything you spoke on and dismissed nothing.

When I said parent's will make it work it is because every single parent who is homeschooling their child "makes it work" I was actually quoting one of the parents when I said that. They, just like every other parent made it work. It most definitely wasn't about privilege as I stated before, some were single parents with full time jobs. Not much privilege in that, but they made it work. They recognized a need and did what needed to be done. That's not a "warm and fuzzy" statement, that's a principle of all living things. Some got new jobs, many started their own business, some rearranged their schedule, some taught in the afternoons and weekends, but whatever they did they made it work. As it was stated before, Sometimes creating an alternative of learning for my child means it's time to create an alternative of earning for myself. This is not a hypothetical. This is what's being done. Your "what if's" were shut down by the "what is" and the "what now". Your "what if's" were shut down by what parents are actually doing. At the end of the day "what if" is a fear that hinders growth.

You say "Our traditional school system gives parents clear choices with proven track records to choose from. You say that homeschooling gives parents choice but traditional home schooling is the best choice." Which is true to an extent. Modern day public, private, and charter schools give a parent a choice, but it is a choice that is not their own. Homeschooling allows parents and students to make their own choices and write their own narrative.

As far as making money and fortune 500 companies, I've never equated success with making money. Money is a tool that can hopefully help you succeed in your particular goals. A successful person to me is someone who is a master in their skills and craft. A man or woman of great character who's work is a benefit to others is a successful person to me. I never said homeschooling will make the student rich. I never even thought of it till you brought it up.

Are you suggesting that traditional schools are a sure pathway to working at a fortune 500 company?

Either way, we shouldn't be teaching our children that if they work hard enough, maybe they'll get to be a rich employee.

Hall of famer's create their own lane. Homeschooling provides the resources for parent and student to create their own lane in learning and in living.

So finally Ladies and Gentlemen, we've gone through several examples of why homeschooling is the greater option to modern day public, private, or charter school systems. Students are "waking up" all over the nation and recognizing the "scam" of our modern day school systems. When choosing between being scammed or taking ownership of your life, education and future. All signs point to homeschooling.

And Aggy, this is your chance to highlight your stance. So instead of pleading with the judges, I would advise that you use this opportunity to give us examples of why the modern day school system is better than homeschooling. Make it count cuz I won't be able to respond.

Thank you everybody and Happy Kwanzaa!

Hey did you guys know that Kwanzaa is an American holiday? That's something I didn't learn in school... :)
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    one last one then we go to voting

great debate
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @NeighborhoodNomad. sorry for the delay. Holidays and what not

Anywho, @mryounggun suck yuh dead mumma

My last response in this debate will be short, I will address my opponent's last points while briefly summarizing mine.

I thank you for explaining further your figures on the cost of homeschooling; however, as I stated previously, your explanation still does not take into account what is being bought, whether this figure includes college age students, or the fact that this cost is not obligatory. I will also question the amount on all of those figures, especially spending $1500 on a singular high school student for back to school. I bought my first car for less than that.

Second, you bring up transportation costs, which widely vary and are in most areas subsidized for students or paid for by taces paid by the homeowner. Parents already have various options for getting their children to school through the traditional school system so there is no advantage for homeschooling there. I will end our cost discussion with your total avoidance of discussion of the sunk costs that homeschooling families will take on in regards to taxes. Our current systems of schooling provide a successful model that gives parents several options, why do you advocate for parents not to utilize the superior system ?

Next, in regards to the what if situations, you have not fully addressed the issues that will arise with homeschooling's lack of resources. As stated,before homeschooling families cannot compete with the pooled resources of our traditional school systems. Not only that, work, parents' decisions to pursue further education, life events such as divorce, death etc all pit extra financial, emotional etc stress on homeschooling families. Traditional school systems have the resources and programs available to help parents navigate through these conflicts. Your "make it work" sentiment only works when several favorable conditions exists. Unfortunately life does not work like that for everyone. Maybe your circle is full of extraordinary people with the means to put their children through (inferior) home schooling, However, for the majority of us, that is not an option.

Which leads to my last point, you seem to make a connection between homeschooling, entrepreneurship, and this "hall of fame" ideal. Reality is different. Reality tells us that we exist in a capitalist system in which there exists a Hiearchy. The vast majority of us, however we are educated, will always be the employees, the works, the proletariat. Homeschooling does not prevent this, nor is there any evidence to show that homeschooled students are overrepresented in the upper class/ruling class. So this line of thought is unfounded and as I've stated, just an appeal to emotion unbased in logic or data.

In return, i opined that our traditional school systems offer the best method to success...how you define success differs, but our school systems can help you attain them. This is backed by multiple real life examples. Our public private and charter systems provide parents with choices that have clear methodology and results.

You argue for a system that requires parents to become full time teachers or for parents to spend money on private tutors to end your home. Traditional schooling not only has proven results in regards to academics but (arguably more important) college preparedness and social development. Your arguments fail to adequately address this and thus present a huge disadvantage under traditional schools . This aspect is especially important for high school aged students. Sure, you can pay for extracurricular in your community, provided they are available for kids outside of a particular school and or affordable . Again, the issues of cost come up . And lastly , I will add that the community/social aspect for students is especially important for children of color, so that they can learn to navigate the real world that they will experience after school.

In conclusion, homeschooling is not better than traditional schooling, as proven in my above posts.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    and there we have it.....

one if the best debates in a long time.
    we can now turn it over to the judges and open the floor to discussion.

@Mastery
    @_Goldie_
    @Bussy_Getta
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ not bothering to @ the other 2 judges. I'll have my vote up by either tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mastery
    @_Goldie_
    @Bussy_Getta

Gimme a moment man I'm dealing with a bad case of niacin flush right now.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

@Mastery
    @_Goldie_
    @Bussy_Getta

not sure what that is...
    but can you use a baby wipe afterwards so you won't damage my wholesome image of you.
  • _Goldie_
    Options

@Mastery
    @_Goldie_
    @Bussy_Getta

not sure what that is...
    but can you use a baby wipe afterwards so you won't damage my wholesome image of you.

u092urcijk1t.jpg
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Halfway done reading, alot of good points being made but also alot of terrible inaccuracies and misinformation.

But I'll let @Mastery break this debate down first being that he's more versed in this field than me.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Halfway done reading, alot of good points being made but also alot of terrible inaccuracies and misinformation.

But I'll let @Mastery break this debate down first being that he's more versed in this field than me.

Lmao
    x3n9tcf5apb1.gif
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, how do I get in on these debates
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Lmao
    x3n9tcf5apb1.gif

:joy: :joy:
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Yo, how do I get in on these debates

We're already heading to round 2, but I think we're having a "battle of the sexes" debate tournament next. You can join that one.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Are these debates judged by the strength of the argument or the actual merit/points brought up?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Are these debates judged by the strength of the argument or the actual merit/points brought up?

Strength of the argument.