The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    io3a6ad9qg0f.jpg

Grade: C+

Its an interesting film plagued with horrible dialogue and somewhat corny humor but Will Smith and Viola Davis did a great job in their respective roles.

Deadshot's lines are just...ugh. Just wretchedly bad sometimes but Will managed to get something out of them at times, though other times he made his lines sound worse.

Harley felt gratuitous in her role just being super extra but I guess that's the character.

Leto's Joker is...okay. Well I liked his laugh and mannerisms though not nearly enough of him in the film. The exchange with Common was comical too.

All the other characters just felt present, especially Capt Boomerang, Katana and Croc, they really had little to say and didn't do much of anything.

In that respect it suffers from the usual team based movie problem, the cast was too large to devote proper attention to everyone.

The villain was interesting in how she came to be but ultimately the plan she had made no sense.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching workaholics from season 1 episode 1. ? is hysterical. I ? up on atleast one line every episode.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqjJ9WYl0A

Jus watched the 1st couple episodes of S1 of FX's Your the Worst. The internet has been raving about this show. So I decided to give it a watch. Its kinda like if the dude from Hello Ladies wasn't such a lame n actually got some ? . lol. Its funny af. tho I'm really digging it. I been sleepin on this. smh @ myself. Cant wait to watch the rest of the series....btw smash the chubby friend. Snow flake solid af
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're the Worst is funny asf. The last season is where I jumped on
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Just watched green room....holy ? .....
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched green room....holy ? .....

Just watched that too. When he hacked up ol boy arm. ? . Good flick.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Jus watched the 1st couple episodes of S1 of FX's Your the Worst. The internet has been raving about this show. So I decided to give it a watch. Its kinda like if the dude from Hello Ladies wasn't such a lame n actually got some ? . lol. Its funny af. tho I'm really digging it. I been sleepin on this. smh @ myself. Cant wait to watch the rest of the series....btw smash the chubby friend. Snow flake solid af

I watched the pilot to this awhile back and wasnt too crazy about it. Ill have to give it a few more episodes so the story can pick up. The chick is sexy.
  • marc123
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »

I watched the pilot to this awhile back and wasnt too crazy about it. Ill have to give it a few more episodes so the story can pick up. The chick is sexy.

Its not for everyone. But i was sold after the 1st few mins of the pilot. Jus my kinda comedy.

Plus the Iraq war vet is a interesting character.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2016
    Options
    the-graduate.jpg

Didn't really care for the 2nd half of the movie. The first half was a great watch. I don't usually pay attention to the directing unless it's over the top in some way, and in this case it was just very ahead of It time...had a lot of iconic shots. Jackie brown paid homage to the first scene with JB riding the terminal in the airport.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally saw that "Don't Breathe" movie, it was pretty decent. And I watched some movie about a Santa Clause that snapped and was fighting zombie elves and Krampus was part of the movie too
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Anyone seen either of these flicks?

The_Nice_Guys_poster.png

Neighbors_2_Sorority_Rising.png

For the Nice Guys, i heard it was a underrated movie and worth checking out, but wanted a second opinion.

For neighbors 2, i was just wondering if it was worth checking out. I saw the first one and it wasnt a top rogen film, but i got some laughs out of it. Wondering if the sequel was more of the same or better.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The_Nice_Guys_poster.png

For the Nice Guys, i heard it was a underrated movie and worth checking out, but wanted a second opinion.

For neighbors 2, i was just wondering if it was worth checking out. I saw the first one and it wasnt a top rogen film, but i got some laughs out of it. Wondering if the sequel was more of the same or better.

The nice guys was pretty good.
  • marc123
    edited January 2017
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_sxdO7M69Q

Jus finished S2 of Your The Worst. Not as funny as S1 cuz it deals alot with the main broads depression, but its still funny af. All the characters are crazy over top, but are funny. Especially the rappers and the 2 lame husbands.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alice In Wonderland - Tim Burton's version on Blue Ray.. via rentals. With a project like this you knew Burton was gonna ? it with the visuals...

The Big Lebowski - last night into the new year with a spliff.. fun movie.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Just watched Green Room.

? . What a crazy movie ? was good as hell.

Yeah man, one of the most visceral films of the year, been trying to put people onto it for a while.

Have you seen Blue Ruin?, same director, same sort of intensity.

Have not seen blue ruin. After Green Room though, I am watching Blue Ruin as soon as i get home. That Green Room movie blew me away. Its one of those movies you can only watch once though lol. Repeat viewings wont be as awesome. That first watch though.. Good ? . ? was intense.

I don't usually get queasy watching films but the part where
    he has his arm stuck in the door pulls it back out, and his hand is just hanging off after being slashed to ? ...maaaan that looked too real.

Rottweiler was a beast too.

LOL that was a Pitbull.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the-graduate.jpg

Didn't really care for the 2nd half of the movie. The first half was a great watch. I don't usually pay attention to the directing unless it's over the top in some way, and in this case it was just very ahead of It time...had a lot of iconic shots. Jackie brown paid homage to the first scene with JB riding the terminal in the airport.

Based on the book? When this come out....?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the screeners aren't leaking this year?
    they're usually out by now
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    the-graduate.jpg

Based on the book? When this come out....?

Idk if this is based on a book or not but it came out in the late 60s...I wana say 67 or 68
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The_Nice_Guys_poster.png

The Nice Guys is a great movie, definitely worth watching.

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising is pretty meh in my opinion. Nowhere near as good as the original and there's a lot of feminist ? thrown in to which is pretty much the norm these days. Maybe check it out if there's absolutely nothing else to watch or just so you can say you've seen 'em both but don't expect a whole lot.
  • king hassan
    Options
    Saw some movie called "Shelter" or the weekend and "Blackout" both on Amazon Prime
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Train_to_Busan.jpg

Watch it...

Only halfway through but this ? is gully.

Nice drop.
  • king hassan
    Options
    Train_to_Busan.jpg

Watch it...

What app is it on
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Train_to_Busan.jpg

Watch it...

What app is it on

I'm watching it on kodi through specto.
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    1481614058_oa.jpg

Just finished watching this exercise in stupidity. It was a whole lot of this:

alan-oa-gif-1.gif?w=650

followed but a little bit of this:

oa-gif-episode-8-2.gif?w=650

oa-gif-episode-8-3.gif?w=650

Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from this tomfoolery.