Pastor leaves church, no longer believes in bible

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Oh boy another bible argument. ? a thousand years into the future will be arguing as to whether Jesus is coming back.

Circular arguments abound.

Nah. Approximately 1,000 years into the future it will almost be time for the Great White Throne Judgement aka the Last day.

WOE to all those who have an appointment with King Jesus on that day! Yes, WOE UNTO YOU!

Amen.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Oh boy another bible argument. ? a thousand years into the future will be arguing as to whether Jesus is coming back.

Circular arguments abound.

And some ? will still be there talking about "We in the end of days ya'll" because of some stupid ? a celebrity says or does
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I still believe in unicorns !!

@DoUwant2go2Heaven

The man in the glory knows you. Hallelujah!

He fearfully and wonderfully made you in your mothers ? . He wants to give you eternal life, but you have to receive the free gift.

Will you humble yourself before the LORD my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    interesting video.... i am all for people believing what ever they want. follow ur heart and what works for u. i am not with bashing anyone's beliefs. folks need to stop acting like someone is lost because they dont believe the same as them.

i dont know this dude but the things he is saying are not new. its sad coming from a dude that use to be a preacher though. he should have studied more. As a Christian i hear stuff like this all the time. still im comfortable with my faith and i follow my religion by choice.

as a historian i explore the possibilities that the bible may be right and it may be wrong. dude spoke of unicorns. the bible says the unicorn bleeds. it said it wasnt good for working the fields. i believe it was a real animal since ? said it bleeds. it didnt have mythical powers. like many other animals that walked the earth the unicorn is extinct. a single horned animal is not unique (i.e. rhino, narwhale).

the question most often asked is how do things predate the bible? the great pyramids always come to mind. well with all the talk about how much man messes up how come everyone believes they have all these dates correct? Mizraim means Egypt. Mizraim is Noah's grandson born to Ham after the flood. the ancient Egyptians are his descendants. the pyramids where built after the flood and therefore some of us believe that the dating practice is incorrect. the same way some of u believe that the bible is incorrect.

live and let live

What about Jonah livin in a whale (or really big fish) for 3 days?

1st, if you're swallowed by a whale (or really big fish), you'd more than likely drown

2nd, if you don't drown, the throat muscles of a whale (or really big fish) would crush you to death

3rd, if you don't drown or get crushed by throat muscles, there's no oxygen inside a whale

so how could a human survive 3 days w/o oxygen? Lol

Who said Jonah was alive?

Have you not read the scriptures? Jesus used Jonah as a sign. This is what He said:

"For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
    Matthew 12:40

Jonah was a picture and a type of the resurrection. Just like Jesus died on the cross and descended into Abrahams ? (the heart of the earth), Jonah was a prefigurement of that when Jonah was swallowed by the great fish and descended into the depths of the sea DEAD. ? then raised Jonah back to life on the 3rd day and sent him to Nineveh to finish his mission by preaching repentance or else judgment will come.

Likewise Christ also rose on the 3rd day and preached REPENT or else judgment will come!

If we just let the Bible speak for itself, it all makes sense. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    interesting video.... i am all for people believing what ever they want. follow ur heart and what works for u. i am not with bashing anyone's beliefs. folks need to stop acting like someone is lost because they dont believe the same as them.

i dont know this dude but the things he is saying are not new. its sad coming from a dude that use to be a preacher though. he should have studied more. As a Christian i hear stuff like this all the time. still im comfortable with my faith and i follow my religion by choice.

as a historian i explore the possibilities that the bible may be right and it may be wrong. dude spoke of unicorns. the bible says the unicorn bleeds. it said it wasnt good for working the fields. i believe it was a real animal since ? said it bleeds. it didnt have mythical powers. like many other animals that walked the earth the unicorn is extinct. a single horned animal is not unique (i.e. rhino, narwhale).

the question most often asked is how do things predate the bible? the great pyramids always come to mind. well with all the talk about how much man messes up how come everyone believes they have all these dates correct? Mizraim means Egypt. Mizraim is Noah's grandson born to Ham after the flood. the ancient Egyptians are his descendants. the pyramids where built after the flood and therefore some of us believe that the dating practice is incorrect. the same way some of u believe that the bible is incorrect.

live and let live

1st, if you're swallowed by a whale (or really big fish), you'd more than likely drown

2nd, if you don't drown, the throat muscles of a whale (or really big fish) would crush you to death

3rd, if you don't drown or get crushed by throat muscles, there's no oxygen inside a whale

i mean im not going to go back and forth with u but all three of those that u wrote are false. some whales are perfectly capable of swallowing whole animals and humans. there is oxygen in their stomachs and no they would not be crushed by muscles and not killed by the digestive process. James Bartley was said to have been swallowed whole by a sperm whale and survived for days and found alive after the whale died. folks(scientist, doctors) will tell u that it is very possible for a human to survive. again i get it...u dont believe in the stories and i am cool with that. still dont come at us like we lost cuz we believe one thing or follow organized religion.

live and let live

Snakes don't talk, bushes on fire burn.

The spiritual world is far more real than the words you are reading on this screen. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Applaud that man..

Damn ppl really took most in the ? in the Bible literally? Yessh...

Yes, and you will bow before King Jesus on the last day and confess that He is LORD. It is a guarantee!

Now the only question that remains is if you will bow before Him because you are saved or bow before Him because you are lost?

Thus you get to choose where you want to spend eternity and how you want to spend it.

1. The New Heavens and the New earth with everlasting life?

or

The Lake of Fire and the 2nd death?

Amen.

You haven't even experienced the 1st death if you are still alive and reading this! Woe unto you if you have to experience the 2nd death!

yes, WOE UNTO YOU IF YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THE 2nd DEATH!!!!

? pity the fool. Amen.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is a guarantee!

Why?
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well, he was definitely right in leaving the church if he doesn't believe in the Bible or the son of ? .

Everything that he brought up, and even the things he didn't bring up, has been presented to me and I still choose to believe and remain a Christian. Nobody is forcing me to believe or have faith. I just continue to do so. I do believe his "friends" that decided to drop him for his decision are wack, tho.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Applaud that man..

Yes, and you will bow before King Jesus on the last day and confess that He is LORD. It is a guarantee!

Now the only question that remains is if you will bow before Him because you are saved or bow before Him because you are lost?

Thus you get to choose where you want to spend eternity and how you want to spend it.

or

Amen.

You haven't even experienced the 1st death if you are still alive and reading this! Woe unto you if you have to experience the 2nd death!

? pity the fool. Amen.

U see that? All that bs fire n brimstone talk u spewing? That's why ur religion is dying slow but not nearly as fast as it should be.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Applaud that man..

or

Amen.

? pity the fool. Amen.

U see that? All that bs fire n brimstone talk u spewing? That's why ur religion is dying slow but not nearly as fast as it should be.

I am against the fire and brimstone talk but you are incorrect Christianity actually isn't dying. It is only in the western world that there is significant drop off of belief.... and most of these people all European with low birth rates.

Elsewhere in the world Christianity is growing
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for him. Better late than never, I guess. More blk ppl need to wake up. Bible is fulla fairytales and ? mind control.
  • zzombie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Applaud that man..

or

Amen.

? pity the fool. Amen.

I am against the fire and brimstone talk but you are incorrect Christianity actually isn't dying. It is only in the western world that there is significant drop off of belief.... and most of these people all European with low birth rates.

Elsewhere in the world Christianity is growing

The white man's a natural ? but you subscribe to the religion that helped enslave us..

Aiight then...

Get out of your feelings Christianity isn't his religion to begin with.... in fact like I've explained before Christianity actually dampened European Behavior.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Most of you anti Christian guys can go scream in the corner. You run your mouth about things you know nothing about you blame religion for the condition of black people what you ignorant fools don't understand is that regardless of the religion African people would have been enslaved and oppressed anyway.

Christianity has become a lot of fools scapegoats but anyone looking for a scapegoat is a weakling.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    It is a guarantee!

Why?

Because He has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness by the ? -Man, Christ Jesus, whom He has ordained; of which He has given assurance to all men that this judgement is sure to come, because of the fact that He has raised him from the dead.

Do you know Him?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Applaud that man..

or

Amen.

? pity the fool. Amen.

Fire and brimstone is just as sure of a reality for the unbeliever as is the reality of death for someone jumping off the empire state building with no parachute. Even if you didn't believe that death was certain, the reality of the consequences will not change.

So when you turn back to dust @trilladelic you will have no excuse if you turn back to dust in unbelief. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Good for him. Better late than never, I guess. More blk ppl need to wake up. Bible is fulla fairytales and ? mind control.

What's really ironic is that your the one who is being mind controlled and you don't even know it. The master of deception continues to blind your eyes and is leading you head long straight into the eternal flame. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every culture has legends and tall tales. However, just because the most well known accounts of those figures are exaggerated doesn't mean those figures didn't exist. Johnny Appleseed didn't travel from coast to coast sewing apple seeds, but he didn't exist. Davey Crockett didn't do half the ? credited to him, but he existed too. Even many atheists and agnositcs concede that Jesus the man existed. Other biblical figures like Solomon and Sheba are accepted to very likely be real people too, so this guy thinks he discovered some great truth, but he still doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

I don't think Solomon nor Sheba existed. If anything Solomon was hill chieftain.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

live and let live

He used the whales blow hole as a snorkel
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

How can a book be full of mind control? If you're not a believer, then the Bible shouldn't really seen as anything other than a book of fables with some philosophy thrown in. Blaming the book for what people have chosen to do with it is stupid. It's like blaming a car because someone chose to use it to commit vehicular homicide.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In 2017 I will no longer discuss anything that has to do with religion, unless it is to state that I refuse to discuss religion.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In 2017 I will no longer discuss anything that has to do with religion, unless it is to state that I refuse to discuss religion.

I feel you unless we are dealing with laws like Sharia law being implemented then I will not deal with religion and will not discuss evolution, you either studied it or you haven't so when I hear if we come from monkeys why are there still monkeys being spoken then I will not discuss with anyone who is not educated on the matter.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I feel you unless we are dealing with laws like Sharia law being implemented then I will not deal with religion and will not discuss evolution, you either studied it or you haven't so when I hear if we come from monkeys why are there still monkeys being spoken then I will not discuss with anyone who is not educated on the matter.

Its normally the ones who are "educated" that you have to watch. Especially when dealing with Islam.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took this man 40 years to realize that the bible is nothing more than a very entertaining works of fiction? SMH. The funny thing is that if you just use your brain, do your own research and decide 'I'm going to look into this on my one and ignore any indoctrination that I've been subjected to.'...it's not hard to figure these things out.

In reality, people are just afraid to stand up against what they've been taught to NEVER stand up against, so they just go with it.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25% of Americans are athiest/agnostic.