Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
C08uEs8UcAEU5_3.jpg

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never heard of this organization so I did my proper googles and its just one of those "personal responsibility" organizations, ain't got nothing to do with race from what I've seen.

rzik3bve7g52.png
  • Hassan the Moor
    Hassan the Moor Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Why is he a ? ?
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im surprised he voted for hillary. he always sounded like a right wnger.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh guys lighten up hes just trading on his integrity for cash/access its not like thats universally accepted or excuses are made for that type of thing
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? calling JIM BROWN a ? . This can't be life.

I refuse to believe that the man who wrote this letter to Mike Holmgren is a ? .
    Mike,
    I would hope that you would take the time to read my agreement with the Clevelend Browns. I had no contract, but I was asked to write a job description so that my duties would be clear.

That job description included two things that I think are important. As Executive Advisor to the owner, my job was to use my intelligence, and my logic to advise Mr. Lerner. The second most important thing to me was a clause in that agreement that stated that I answered to noone except Randy Lerner. These two thing were highly important to me because I truly believed, with my educational background, having been a Cleveland Brown for 9 yrs, and having a pretty good knowledge of football, that I could contibute in a valuable way to the organization.

When you called me for a meeting in your office, there was no conversation about that agreement, no conversation about my duties, no conversation about what I felt, no conversation about my relationship with the players, no conversation about my relationship with the coaches, no conversation about my relationship with the head coach, and no conversation about my community work. Ultimately there was no conversation about anything that I felt was related to my job.

Your ultimatum to me was that you would offer me the opportunity of being that of the greeter, that of a mascot, that of a person that would represent special events by his physical presence, and for those things, I would receive a salary of $100,000. All of those things that you offered me would be controlled by you.

After that 10 minute meeting, I went to my office with a feeling that I was just fired by the Cleveland Browns, because in my mind, there would be no way on this earth that you would expect me to go against everything that I’ve ever stood for in my whole life.

Not wanting to get into a public debate, I left my office and went home. I never spoke to the media, or any of my friends at the Browns, because I truly didn’t know what to say to them. I thought that was the reponsibility of the Browns. I wrote you and Randy a note, and said I did not accept that proposed position, but if I could do anything meaningful for the organization, I would consider it. I took that position, because of my respect for the Lerner family, and everyone that I had worked with in the Cleveland Browns organization.

I was able to study your press conference and found your statements to be consistent in the way that you value me, and I observed the comments of the key players that sat by your side, and here was the impression I got: Your most powerful statemnt about me was that, and I must laugh, one monkey don’t stop the show. The two players that were with you, one of them made the statement that he was overwhelmed to be honored, and the other started talking about a subject that was highly important, and that was the pension plan, and the improvement that he would hope would happen, but stated that he was there to discuss the Ring of Honor.

I was happy to hear Joe DeLamielleure bring up the pension plan, because right now Mike, I am working with everything I have in my power to be an advocate for a better pension plan and health care services for all the retired players. If you, in your position of tremendous power with the Cleveland Browns, would become an advocate of those two goals, you and I could walk side by side.

But in my conclusion, I’ve never danced in the end zone, I always gave the ball to the referee, so you should know I don’t dance. Also Mike, I don’t hang out on the Westside of town. I’m an Eastside guy. I play my golf at Highland Golf Course. I don’t go to the Hall of Fame ceremonies, except on occasions, like when Gene Hickerson was inducted, and I felt very proud to be with Bobby Mitchell and Leroy Kelly in showing our respect for his great contribution, and for helping us become great players. I don’t have any trophies in my home on display. I don’t claim to be the best at anything, and I emphatically do not need validation from any man, so I will not participate in your Ring of Honor.

Mike, there’s only one thing that I control in life, and that’s being a man. So let me end with a little humor, because as you say, one monkey don’t stop the show, and as I say “Willie Lynch missed a few of us”, and there will be no Buck Dancing.

ajcjg2aagras.gif
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Furthermore, I'm not seeing any evidence of coonery in the OP
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Furthermore, I'm not seeing any evidence of coonery in the OP

That Donald Trump ? talking bout he fell in love.

And plus that's a pretty coontastic lineup
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    i really wish we would stop using the word ? for every ? thing

Ever since Tariq Nasheed decided to remix ? instead of sell out or Uncle Tom, cats went with it. But anyway, this ain't a good look for Jim Brown.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I never heard of this organization so I did my proper googles and its just one of those "personal responsibility" organizations, ain't got nothing to do with race from what I've seen.

rzik3bve7g52.png

Regardless of "your googles" Amer-i-can has everything to do with race and I've seen it first hand. Mr. Brown strictly focused on the streets, and in particular the young Black Males with several different programs. They also link up with other np organizations that benefit the Black community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4hQ6cSVrk
  • jono
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Tomorrow on the IC: Does doing good things for Black people nullify cooning ?

gif-willsmithconf.gif

Right. Idk man. The platform doesn't mention race at all.
    This is the program:
    blocks_image_4_1.png

http://amer-i-can.org/program/program.html
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    I would not go as far as calling Jim Briwn and Ray Lewis ? , uncle toms or sellouts, but im more disappointed in what seems to be their unbridled love for Trump & his coalition without airing on the side of caution and seeing what his extensive plans for inner city areas or disenfranchised people are.

On the surface it all seems opportunistic and about self promotion because they are having to disregard alot of wild ? Trump and his people want to do just so as to get theirs.

and yeah good leaders can fall sometimes and should be scrutinized.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Special performance by Kanye West
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    edited January 2017
    Options

gif-willsmithconf.gif

This is the program:
    blocks_image_4_1.png

Ignoring it isn't gonna help @jono

You're talking about what the so called "platform" says vs the work his organization actually continues to put in in the Black community. Him and his work is well know and respected, especially on the west coast.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Tomorrow on the IC: Does doing good things for Black people nullify coonery ?

gif-willsmithconf.gif

Is aligning your non-profit organization (that only puts in work in the Black and Brown community) with any president considered cooning?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What yall need to be looking for is the result of this. If Trump is making promises to people like Jim Brown and keeps his end of the bargain, benefitting black people, I say let Jim play the role.

But if Jim and the others get nothing out of this for us, brand them as traitors as you should.

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most overrated running backs of all time.Dude was dominating a league full of 5'8 white guys
  • jono
    Options

gif-willsmithconf.gif

This is the program:
    blocks_image_4_1.png

Ignoring it isn't gonna help @jono

You're talking about what the so called "platform" says vs the work his organization actually continues to put in in the Black community. Him and his work is well know and respected, especially on the west coast.

Irrelevant honestly. The platform is race neutral.
    Also, I don't have an issue with Jim Brown and do not think he's a ? .
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    i really wish we would stop using the word ? for every ? thing
    No. You should really wish ? like Jim Brown would stop cooning. The term is used more because more ? is coonin everyday