The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Carmelo is my guy. Im a fan, and enjoy watching him.

But, i just got to be objective. He bringing the team down at this point. My man has 0 intensity. He legit cannot defend at all. He looks like he aged 5 years between last season and this season.

On defense Melo just been ? awful. Not bad. Awful. We had a bunch of game where role players went off on Melo. Teams point of attack has been attacking Melo.

Hes always been a bas defender, but not this bad.

And on offense? He still the same ball stopper, but it seems like it got even worse. He cant get to where he wants on the court and ends up throwing up contested shots.

Rose holds the ball too, and he isos, but when rose does it, atleast he moves around and usually attacks when there is still time on the shot clock.

Melo catches the ball in the premiter, dribbles in his spot for a good 3-4 seconds, everyone stops moving, the defense sets up, and then he makes a move which is usually two dribbles in and a contested jumper.

I dont want to put all the blame on Melo, and im not putting all the blame on Melo, but he takes a big part of the blame.

Should of sat out this summer to rest his body but naw he gotta get them 3 gold medals

I mean when else is Melo going to be considered a winner? A NBA championship ain't happening for him.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buddy was considered a bust after the summer league

how?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

But, i just got to be objective. He bringing the team down at this point. My man has 0 intensity. He legit cannot defend at all. He looks like he aged 5 years between last season and this season.

On defense Melo just been ? awful. Not bad. Awful. We had a bunch of game where role players went off on Melo. Teams point of attack has been attacking Melo.

And on offense? He still the same ball stopper, but it seems like it got even worse. He cant get to where he wants on the court and ends up throwing up contested shots.

Rose holds the ball too, and he isos, but when rose does it, atleast he moves around and usually attacks when there is still time on the shot clock.

Melo catches the ball in the premiter, dribbles in his spot for a good 3-4 seconds, everyone stops moving, the defense sets up, and then he makes a move which is usually two dribbles in and a contested jumper.

I dont want to put all the blame on Melo, and im not putting all the blame on Melo, but he takes a big part of the blame.

Should of sat out this summer to rest his body but naw he gotta get them 3 gold medals

I mean when else is Melo going to be considered a winner? A NBA championship ain't happening for him.

True. If melo had multiple playoff runs deep in the playoffs he wouldn't have played in the olympics. He real sensitive about his legacy. His peers have passed him. But he's to blame. New york had a nice roster but he sabotaged it forcing the nuggets to trade him there so he can get paid
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo this generation's Patrick Ewing as far as legacy compared to his peers
  • D. Morgan
    Options

True. If melo had multiple playoff runs deep in the playoffs he wouldn't have played in the olympics. He real sensitive about his legacy. His peers have passed him. But he's to blame. New york had a nice roster but he sabotaged it forcing the nuggets to trade him there so he can get paid

I agree a lot of it is his fault. IMO its more the way he plays and he doesn't get that this isn't high school and definitely this ain't Syracuse where he can carry the day and its some one and done ? to reach the championship.

Melo would've gotten paid no matter where he went. He ? up by going to NY and staying there just to help his wife acting career.
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Slap in the face of Ewing

? both of them they both were the stepchild to the other stars
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? both of them they both were the stepchild to the other stars

Ewing went to the finals and have multiple conference finals appearances, he kept his team a title contender. Melo don't compare
  • Beta
    Options
    Melo is in the shadow of wade, LeBron, kobe, curry, Chris Paul, durant

Ewing was in the shadow of jordan, barkley, hakeem, payton, shaq, etc
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not to Barkley or Payton, and I don't put Shaq in the same era as Ewing and Jordan.
  • D. Morgan
    edited January 2017
    Options

Ewing was never in the shawdow of any of the bold players, etc. Truthfully Hakeem and Ewing were more rivals than Ewing being in his shadow.

Melo is only looked at as being below LeBron and Wade.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Kobe, Durant and Curry arent Melos peers and
    lol @ Melo being in the shadow of Chris Paul
  • Beta
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Durant a peer of melo? They only 4 years apart...Kobe wasn't prominent for 9-10 years of melo's career?

Look even if i got the players wrong what I said about both players is facts B
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree a lot of it is his fault. IMO its more the way he plays and he doesn't get that this isn't high school and definitely this ain't Syracuse where he can carry the day and its some one and done ? to reach the championship.

Melo would've gotten paid no matter where he went. He ? up by going to NY and staying there just to help his wife acting career.

Melo first ? up when lebron wade and bosh opted in early in there careers. They took less money and advised melo to do so but he wanted the extra year of money.

Bron and the company left and joined together right before the lockout. Melo couldn't cash in on Free Agency during that time cuz he was under contract so he forced the trade to the knicks which took away the depth they had.

New York messed that up 2 cuz everyone knew Melo was going there. They coulda waited until free agency. Now Melo who's under contract and on the backend of his career can't even take advantage of everyone getting paid cuz he wanted all the money upfront but didnt have the business saavy to position his pockets and have a legitimate team around him in the prime of his career
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Durant a peer of melo? They only 4 years apart...Kobe wasn't prominent for 9-10 years of melo's career?

wrng.gif
  • Beta
    Options

wrng.gif

Im fine with that.

? melo is my main point anyways
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

The ? outta here mad disrespectful to Pat
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Melo first ? up when lebron wade and bosh opted in early in there careers. They took less money and advised melo to do so but he wanted the extra year of money.

Bron and the company left and joined together right before the lockout. Melo couldn't cash in on Free Agency during that time cuz he was under contract so he forced the trade to the knicks which took away the depth they had.

New York messed that up 2 cuz everyone knew Melo was going there. They coulda waited until free agency. Now Melo who's under contract and on the backend of his career can't even take advantage of everyone getting paid cuz he wanted all the money upfront but didnt have the business saavy to position his pockets and have a legitimate team around him in the prime of his career

This also true.

Melo had millions and still made dumb broke ? moves. Now he paying the ultimate price for it.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And also, cats be talking like trade melo! Get him to waive his no trade clause!

But I have a legit question. Lets say Melo didnt even have a no trade clause, what would teams give up for him with the season hes been having? Dont look at his stats cause the stats are decent. Look at him in a course of a game. Other teams see that. Im not saying teams wouldnt want Melo, but no body giving up much for a star who looks like he aged 5 years between last and this season.

Anyone really want Melo on their team? And if so for what?

MELO IS NOT AN ALPHA. He is not supposed to carry a team. He is like Rondo : MISEVALUATED. He needs to humble up and join a championchip contenter as the third option or sixman.

And seriously what in a french frie ? is that defense?!!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. Ewing been to the Finals. Ewing has DEFENSE in his resumè.

The media have killed Melo and all the one way / offense freezers players by calling them SUPERSTARS.

But hey at least he got paid max money. Now its time for him to stop hiding from the truth about him.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You being extremely disrespectful to Patrick Ewing by saying this.

? PAT EWING

Yeah I said it.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

You being extremely disrespectful to Patrick Ewing by saying this.

? PAT EWING

Yeah I said it.

I have no problem with you saying that but saying Melo is this generation's Patrick Ewing something totally different.

Carry on.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purely coincidental

3rd or 4th team that this happens with. Just a coincidence.

Yes, it didn't happen with the other 2 lol. kings have an easy schedule right now n he's a plus on both sides, I know he's "mediocre" but it's foolish to think he can't help a team
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Buddy was considered a bust after the summer league

how?

I'm on your side I'm saying people were cutting to conclusions on him after a ? SL, he's under a microscope because he was a 4 year player