Damn! Jim Brown Really Is A ?

Options

Comments

• Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? calling JIM BROWN a ? . This can't be life.

Jim Brown got receipts out chea, if anyone is a ? , it's pastor do as I say not as I do Ray Lewis.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? calling JIM BROWN a ? . This can't be life.

Jim Brown got receipts out chea, if anyone is a ? it's, pastor do as I say not as I do Ray Lewis.
    Receipts don't mean ? if you turn ur back in ur own. ? Jim
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most overrated running backs of all time.Dude was dominating a league full of 5'8 white guys

lol So now Jim isn't an alltime great because ya'll don't like his political affiliation? ? are stupid and the black race is doomed.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I'm conflicted because on one hand Jim Brown has put in work in the past. But recently within the last few months he's been cooning, so I don't know.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I haven't been following closely. Other than saying he had a sit down with Trump and likes him, what exactly has Brown been doing to get him labelled as a ? . I mean we're just taking it to another level if a noted activist can be called a ? just because he likes someone you don't like.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If aligning yourself with a chief white supremacist KNOWN to discriminate against your ppl ain't coonin then y'all ? need father figures. Jim Brown simply traded in his pro black card for a check. The reason ? here sympathize is because you'd probably do the SAME thing in his position

Real ? can't be bought

You're right real ? can't be bought but let me ask you something.

If you have a non-profit organization that only focuses on the Black and Brown community, particularly the streets, through action, and any president asks to speak with you about your organization and how you can possibly build together, would you accept or decline that meeting?

The truth is, rival leaders meet all the time, rivals in business meet, rivals in politics meet, even rivals in the street meet. Power moves baby. Jim Brown is not a mascot, a sellout, or a ? .

Every time I saw Jim Brown irl he was in the hood amongst the people, no cameras, no campaigns, no publicity. At the end of the day Jim Brown is tried and true and is deserving of our respect. The internet might not respect him, but the streets do.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If aligning yourself with a chief white supremacist KNOWN to discriminate against your ppl ain't coonin then y'all ? need father figures. Jim Brown simply traded in his pro black card for a check. The reason ? here sympathize is because you'd probably do the SAME thing in his position

Real ? can't be bought

If you have a non-profit organization that only focuses on the Black and Brown community, particularly the streets, through action, and any president asks to speak with you about your organization and how you can possibly build together, would you accept or decline that meeting?

The truth is, rival leaders meet all the time, rivals in business meet, rivals in politics meet, even rivals in the street meet. Power moves baby. Jim Brown is not a mascot, a sellout, or a ? .

Every time I saw Jim Brown irl he was in the hood amongst the people, no cameras, no campaigns, no publicity. At the end of the day Jim Brown is tried and true and is deserving of our respect. The internet might not respect him, but the streets do.

So you're saying it's okay to sellout to a racist and someone who has put openly card carrying white supremacists in positions of power in gov't.. As long as they take their pay out for cooning and put it into a charity...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I haven't been following closely. Other than saying he had a sit down with Trump and likes him, what exactly has Brown been doing to get him labelled as a ? . I mean we're just taking it to another level if a noted activist can be called a ? just because he likes someone you don't like.

He went on TNT and verbally tapped danced with Charles & Shaq.. And he also took shots at Kap for him taking his stance against police brutality and made excuses for the cops…

Yeah, I remember the shots at Kap. Those seemed random as hell. I don't know why he did that. What did he say on TNT though? And what did Kenny say? Usually he's the voice of reason about matters like these on that show.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He went on TNT and verbally tapped danced with Charles & Shaq.. And he also took shots at Kap for him taking his stance against police brutality and made excuses for the cops…

Yeah, I remember the shots at Kap. Those seemed random as hell. I don't know why he did that. What did he say on TNT though? And what did Kenny say? Usually he's the voice of reason about matters like these on that show.

Kenny was being the intelligent and reasonable one as usual...
  • blackamerica
    Options

Real ? can't be bought

Donald Trump is a racist WHITE SUPREMACIST who has openly discriminated against minorities and made racist comments against african american ppl. He's also put together a team of white nationalists who can't wait to set this country back to the 60's. If you meet with him & force him to apologize to the black community, then kudos to Mr Brown. But this ? is working with him and said he "fell in love" with Donald Trump

If this ain't coonin then y'all ? will fall for anything in life
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude is getting old.....

But, I don't think he's a ? ....

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We really need a referendum on the word "? " on the IC. (and in life, period) Too many times, we misconstrue not going with the black stream of consciousness with cooning.

I don't see cooning done here by JB, but I do see him going against the black majority. Most of us don't want anything to do with Orange Fuckcac Supreme, and I'm with that. Someone black people tend want to "give him a chance", and I can't hate that idea, even if I don't like it. Until I see Mr. Brown shun black people in favor of this Orange ? , I can't pull-out the ? card on him.

I honestly think y'all need to re-eval what coonin really is, because some of y'all are confused.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So... If I sat down with a ? member

... and then I said something stupid like:

"I really like this guy.

"They KKK aint so bad. Negros need to give these guys a chance and hear them out."

What would you call me?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

"I really like this guy.

"They KKK aint so bad. Negros need to give these guys a chance and hear them out."

What would you call me?

Trump ain't a Klansman. Trump is a conman and getting people to like them when no one should is what conmen do. It's crazy to me that Jim Brown thinks Trump is a good guy after sitting down with him, but I wouldn't call him a ? . Ya'll act like Trump didn't have a lot of high profile black people who loved him before all this. You think he's any different now than he was then? The only difference is he said a bunch of racist ? to appeal to the racists that he needed to become president. Now he's about to screw all of them and us over like the crooked business man that he is.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I really like this guy.

What would you call me?

Trump ain't a Klansman. Trump is a conman and getting people to like them when no one should is what conmen do. It's crazy to me that Jim Brown thinks Trump is a good guy after sitting down with him, but I wouldn't call him a ? . Ya'll act like Trump didn't have a lot of high profile black people who loved him before all this. You think he's any different now than he was then? The only difference is he said a bunch of racist ? to appeal to the racists that he needed to become president. Now he's about to screw all of them and us over like the crooked business man that he is.

regardless of whether or not trump has had famous blk associates over the years, trump speared headed the racist birther movement; was sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination in the 80s; used his influence to demonize the central park 5; and has used highly offensive language stereotyping blks as lazy or criminal

his father also had ties to the KKK

so yea none of this is new, just not widely discussed/publicized

i've never liked the man

maybe ? is too harsh a word but can we all admit it is disappointing to see jim brown embrace him the way he has
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Has it been confirmed what they talk about? Could it be possible Jim Brown is trying to do some good and address some issues from the communities to the President elect of the country? Burying your head in the sand and trying to deny reality wont make him not the President. Theres still work to do...but in a way, these things are too simple to understand so I guess its just about calling people names and stuff here. People who are quick to project and call others names, it says more about the name caller actually...now if something comes out that "indicts" Jim Brown then thats different of course. But some think everybody's a "? " fine it means nothing at this point.
    Now There is a point where someone can go to far compromising them self.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I would not go as far as calling Jim Briwn and Ray Lewis ? , uncle toms or sellouts, but im more disappointed in what seems to be their unbridled love for Trump & his coalition without airing on the side of caution and seeing what his extensive plans for inner city areas or disenfranchised people are.

On the surface it all seems opportunistic and about self promotion because they are having to disregard alot of wild ? Trump and his people want to do just so as to get theirs.

and yeah good leaders can fall sometimes and should be scrutinized.

That was very nice of you
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That flyer don't mention Trump at all (yes I understand it's an "Inauguration Day" event.)
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options

Real ? can't be bought

So you're saying it's okay to sellout to a racist and someone who has put openly card carrying white supremacists in positions of power in gov't.. As long as they take their pay out for cooning and put it into a charity...

I hope that's not what you got out of what I said. I don't think it is but let me reiterate.

Meeting with anyone about the progress of your community is the antithesis of a sellout or a ? .
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most overrated running backs of all time.Dude was dominating a league full of 5'8 white guys

jim-brown.gif?w=650
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options

Real ? can't be bought

Donald Trump is a racist WHITE SUPREMACIST who has openly discriminated against minorities and made racist comments against african american ppl. He's also put together a team of white nationalists who can't wait to set this country back to the 60's. If you meet with him & force him to apologize to the black community, then kudos to Mr Brown. But this ? is working with him and said he "fell in love" with Donald Trump

He explained all of that "fell in love with trump" was all media spin and out of context.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWSD388ikag
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? can't be bought

He explained all of that "fell in love with trump" was all media spin and out of context.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWSD388ikag

his comments about police brutality wasnt no ? spin. Always the media fault. SMH
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    We really need a referendum on the word "? " on the IC. (and in life, period) Too many times, we misconstrue not going with the black stream of consciousness with cooning.

I don't see cooning done here by JB, but I do see him going against the black majority. Most of us don't want anything to do with Orange Fuckcac Supreme, and I'm with that. Someone black people tend want to "give him a chance", and I can't hate that idea, even if I don't like it. Until I see Mr. Brown shun black people in favor of this Orange ? , I can't pull-out the ? card on him.

I honestly think y'all need to re-eval what coonin really is, because some of y'all are confused.
    Again.There is nothing hard to comprehend when it comes to being "? ". I think too many ? apologist, like you & others, try to dissect the word when it applies to someone you have a fondness for.

Donald Trump has disrespected, discriminated & humiliated the black community plenty times. He's not only the chief white supremacist, but he's surrounded himself with racist white supremacist. The KKK is throwing parades because of Trump winning. When a black man comes out and says he "fell in love" with Donald Trump or calls him his "friend" then that ? 's a ? ? . Its simple. Not sure how you ? don't understand this