Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Kenny Omega: “I Would Rather Be the Legend That Never Stepped Foot in WWE”

Written on 01/04/2017
    Derek Stoughton

New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Kenny Omega was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated as a part of their “Extra Mustard” series. He had some very interesting and perhaps controversial comments as a part of the interview; most of them discussing his feelings on ever going to WWE.
    Omega has made quite a name for himself on the independent scene; most notably for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He feels that many people judge him simply because he does not compete for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world.

“Since I’m not in WWE, some people think I’m not even in their league,” said Omega. “It’s easy for me to tune those people out because they have no idea what they’re talking about.”

If there’s one thing that Omega has plenty of, it’s confidence. He is convinced that he does not need WWE to establish himself as one of the greatest superstars of all time.

“I would rather be the legend that never stepped foot in WWE but was better than every single one of them and did something that none of those guys could do in their prime or could ever do if they left WWE and tried,” he said. “AJ is the closest guy who could do it, but I’m talking about their roster as a whole. It’s just not going to happen. That’s not just me saying that because I’m a cocky ? . That’s me saying it as a challenge because I’m pushing the barrier every single day. I’ll take all my matches against WWE’s best matches, I’ll put it up against Ring of Honor’s best matches, or whatever promotion you want, and I guarantee people will be more entertained with my matches than theirs.”

But what was the moment that changed it all for Omega?

“My career changed instantaneously with the announcement of Shinsuke, AJ, Gallows, and Machine Gun leaving in the blink of an eye,” said Omega. “I went from being a junior—and probably set to be Kushida’s arch-nemesis until the cows came home—to suddenly being vaulted into the heavyweight title picture for the Intercontinental championship.”

Omega also discusses his vision for NJPW, his goal for Wrestle Kingdom 11, and more.

It should be noted that Omega truly feels that WWE has created a monopoly in the professional wrestling market.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TNA making moves.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dixie Carter lost
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they rebrand tna and start completely over
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I hope they rebrand tna and start completely over

Yeah. Everyone wants them to change the name. Just about anyone who talks about TNA hates the name and how ? the brand has been.

Anthem Wrestling is simple enough.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince better be watching Anthem/Impact Wrestling very closely. WWE has a strangehold on the mainstream and that's only because there hasn't been a company around to seriously challenge them since WCW.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully impact goes to a style that stands out too, edgier ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tna will be on hulu now
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Written on 01/04/2017
    Derek Stoughton

New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Kenny Omega was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated as a part of their “Extra Mustard” series. He had some very interesting and perhaps controversial comments as a part of the interview; most of them discussing his feelings on ever going to WWE.
    Omega has made quite a name for himself on the independent scene; most notably for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He feels that many people judge him simply because he does not compete for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world.

“Since I’m not in WWE, some people think I’m not even in their league,” said Omega. “It’s easy for me to tune those people out because they have no idea what they’re talking about.”

If there’s one thing that Omega has plenty of, it’s confidence. He is convinced that he does not need WWE to establish himself as one of the greatest superstars of all time.

“I would rather be the legend that never stepped foot in WWE but was better than every single one of them and did something that none of those guys could do in their prime or could ever do if they left WWE and tried,” he said. “AJ is the closest guy who could do it, but I’m talking about their roster as a whole. It’s just not going to happen. That’s not just me saying that because I’m a cocky ? . That’s me saying it as a challenge because I’m pushing the barrier every single day. I’ll take all my matches against WWE’s best matches, I’ll put it up against Ring of Honor’s best matches, or whatever promotion you want, and I guarantee people will be more entertained with my matches than theirs.”

“My career changed instantaneously with the announcement of Shinsuke, AJ, Gallows, and Machine Gun leaving in the blink of an eye,” said Omega. “I went from being a junior—and probably set to be Kushida’s arch-nemesis until the cows came home—to suddenly being vaulted into the heavyweight title picture for the Intercontinental championship.”

Omega also discusses his vision for NJPW, his goal for Wrestle Kingdom 11, and more.

It should be noted that Omega truly feels that WWE has created a monopoly in the professional wrestling market.

One of my fav matches of his vs Tetsuya Naito

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rzyhs
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Another Inductee Revealed For The 2017 WWE Hall Of Fame Class

By Josh Foster - Jan 5, 20170

WrestleMania season is here and soon the WrestleMania 33 card will be falling into place and the 2017 Hall of Fame class will be revealed. It was recently reported that Diamond Dallas Page will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, and now PWInsider is reporting that WWE officials are planning to induct Rick Rude as well.

Rick Rude is a former WWE Intercontinental Champion and a former WCW United States Champion. Rude unfortunately passed away in April of 1999 at the age of 40. It was reported that heart failure was the cause of his death.

So far Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Rude are the only names that have surfaced in regards to the 2017 Hall of Fame class. But fans have been pushing for former Intercontinental Champion and revolutionary women’s wrestler, Chyna, to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

? Foley also noted a few months ago that he had pitched an idea for Vader to be inducted into the Hall of Famer after Vader announced that he is dealing with some health issues.

WWE recently released a YouTube video looking at 7 things they want to see happen in 2017, and in the video a Hall of Fame induction for Daniel Bryan was one of the things that was mentioned.

It remains to be seen if a Hall of Fame induction for Daniel Bryan is something that will actually happen, or if it’s just something that WWE meant to tease in the video, but it should be interesting to see how the 2017 Hall of Fame class fills out
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Rude is over due

Page deserves it

Vader also

Chyna it sucks it took her death

DB no it's to soon imo
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was announced at tonight’s WWE NXT tapings that Asuka will defend the NXT Women’s Title in a Fatal 4 Way against Nikki Cross, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce at the “Takeover: San Antonio” event on January 28th during Royal Rumble weekend. It was also announced that Eric Young will go up against Tye Dillinger.

Below is the updated Takeover card:

NXT Title Match
    Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NXT Tag Team Title Match
    The Authors of Pain vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa

Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Women’s Title
    Peyton Royce vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Asuka

Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Written on 01/04/2017
    Derek Stoughton

? I been saying forver, plus his match vs Okada this week rivals HBK vs Taker at WM 25.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I got Miz winning the rumble, if not him Finn Balor.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

Idk if I agree, but I really like that Miz prediction
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would had charlotte drop the title then Sasha so jealous that her friend did something that she didn't do, she attacks Bayley. That sets up a feud for wm. Or they can actually happen to set up a feud for summerslam

I think they are doing the latter...

VKM sees more money in Bayley as a face.

IMO they shoulda split Sasha and Charlotte up.

Sasha shoulda been the Boss ? of SD Live
    Charlotte the Queen B of Raw

coulda made for an epic SS match
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    based on reports seems like Vince wants Bayley as the female Daniel Bryan...but the ppl have spoken and they want Sasha.

you cant force someone into the role. DB organically became DB

I honestlyy believe the Reigns backlash began and hasnt ended since Reigns got the nod at RR instead DB and he hasnt recovered since.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

although im not trying to see cena and miz main event WM again, I do think miz should win the wwe title soon. dude is a fantastic heel and this feud with bryan has to be going somewhere. no disrespect to the IC title but miz needs to go after a more significant championship

and with him ending talking smack screaming "this is my year", I think they're hinting something big for dude
  • CJBachelor85
    CJBachelor85 Members Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reigns gotta defend the title against both Jericho and Owens in a handicap match next week?! That title is definitely gone off that dude.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Reigns gotta defend the title against both Jericho and Owens in a handicap match next week?! That title is definitely gone off that dude.

Na that's probably gonna be the beginning of the breakup for Owens and Jericho...they'll start fighting each other over who's gonna win the belt
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Some of these so called experts think Jericho is an early favorite to win it. I dont think he needs it but I guess it would be cool.