Whats your parents favorite rap Songs/rappers

Options
supergangster
supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in The Reason
I remember my father Said that his favorite rap Song was drop it like its hot
He also liked Jimmy hendrix and he was a fan of say it right by Timbaland/Nelly say it right

Comments

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He also liked Jimmy hendrix and he was a fan of say it right by Timbaland/Nelly say it right

k09afksovejx.gif
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? do u know the meaning of peer
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I meant parents
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom had a weird relationship with hip hop. For the most part she hated it. She used to break any of my tapes and records that had cusswords or talked about killings until i turned like 12-13. Sometimes I would retailiate by recording over her blues tapes lol. When baby got back came out in 92 she got the cassette single and played that song into the ground up into china everywhere we went in our van. She had MC Hammer Funky Head Hunter album and always used to play pumps and bump when we would have cookout. When Fantasy remix by Mariah/ODB dropped she used play it nonstop and rap ODB part so I used to always think that was cool my mom listen to wu tang lol. She also play Welcome to Miami and Willenium by Will SMith, Get Low by Ying Yang and Aint It Funny by Ja and JLo nonstop and loud lol PBUH
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother was only 20 when she had me so she listened to all that mid 80's to early 90's hip hop. Kane, Krs-One, Special Ed, Latifah, Salt-n-Pepa, Kid n Play, Eric B and Rakim, LL etc.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pops loved Whodini. I can remember as a kid on Saturdays riding around in his Buick, jamming to Friends, while going to get a haircut. All we listened to in that car was Whodini and 2pac. He really took to Jeezy and UGK around 2008, and now all you hear in his truck is that.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Pops loved Whodini. I can remember as a kid on Saturdays riding around in his Buick, jamming to Friends, while going to get a haircut. All we listened to in that car was Whodini and 2pac. He really took to Jeezy and UGK around 2008, and now all you hear in his truck is that.

Yo that sound like a crazy playlist going from One Love to Toss It Up. lol

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    My parents hate rap music. But my mother somewhat used to like this song.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9hh2_rzXN7o
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »

Yo that sound like a crazy playlist going from One Love to Toss It Up. lol
    It would go from 5 mins of funk to when we ride on our enemies. I remember he knew that song word for word. After he'd play it, he'd tell my brother and I not to tell our mom he let us listen to it lol.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    My mom had a weird relationship with hip hop. For the most part she hated it. She used to break any of my tapes and records that had cusswords or talked about killings until i turned like 12-13. Sometimes I would retailiate by recording over her blues tapes lol. When baby got back came out in 92 she got the cassette single and played that song into the ground up into china everywhere we went in our van. She had MC Hammer Funky Head Hunter album and always used to play pumps and bump when we would have cookout. When Fantasy remix by Mariah/ODB dropped she used play it nonstop and rap ODB part so I used to always think that was cool my mom listen to wu tang lol. She also play Welcome to Miami and Willenium by Will SMith, Get Low by Ying Yang and Aint It Funny by Ja and JLo nonstop and loud lol PBUH

Sounds like she had a good ear, she just didn't like ignant ass ? .
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's messed up if he played that when he was stuffing you in the oven.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my dad hates rap
    my mom loves 2pac, jay z, and j cole
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dad really doesn't listen to rap but I remember seeing this cassette in the house growing up, I'm pretty sure it's still there.

B002517204.jpg?v=1469057830

• Mockingbird
    Mockingbird Members Posts: 82
    Options
    They only like Eminem and his Pop/singing/catchy/personal songs

Mockingbird
    Not Afraid
    Beautiful
    Hailie's Song
    Superman
    Spacebound
    The Real Slim Shady
    When I'm Gone
    Stronger Than I Was
    My Name Is
    Spend Some Time
    Gut's Over Fear
    ? A Bottle
    Without Me
    The Hills Remix
    Beautiful Pain
    Headlights
    Business

Etc

They mainly like his hooks in these songs and the substance but the delivery of the substance delivered in a poppy and catchy way. Otherwise they hate hip-hop music or any other rapper

Even from Eminem they love those type of songs I listed but hate and can't stand an album like Hell The Sequel, Relapse or any traditional straight up rap type song from him or any song with violence that doesn't have him singing. Remember they are Indians in their 60's

This is a common pattern with majority of Eminem fans outside the I.C these are the type of fans that buy his music like the songs I listed and the reason why he sold the amount of records and is as popular as he is.

U can't hate most people your average person is drawn to that type of Pop music. I could show them a song like Daughters by Nas exactly the same subject matter, message, content as Mockingbird, Hailie's Song and When I'm Gone but they hate Daughters because to them it's boring while a Mockingbird or Hailie's Song has the same message but is catchy delivered in a Pop way what your average middle aged person or female likes. While Daughters is straight up rap song
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom likes pitbull lol...don't think is bc of the musik though...never heard my mom listening to a rap song unless it played it
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pops likes Snoop and Jadakiss
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    Mom ain't really mess with rap like that. She ain't like all that cussing lol. She was strictly gospel and r&b. When we'd drive from MS to NC, we always had to start out our trip listening to her gospel music lol.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My pops hates rap for the most part but one time he was into fast rappers. when he used to make himself mix cds he had twists' emotions and bone's 1st of the month in the middle of his jazz and blues mix. ? was funny to me