" Happy Wife Happy Life!! " Do you subscribe to this motto?

Options
Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
This is for those who are married or will ever entertain marriage in the future.

I've been hearing this "saying" for some time now and I wanted to get the
IC's views.

What are your thoughts?

" Happy Wife Happy Life!! " Do you subscribe to this motto? 45 votes

Its just a "silly saying" Nothing more.
6%
rickmogulonetoughmiracleJoshuaMoshua  3 votes
Its a misleading way to approach a marriage.
46%
lordhonka2 i ro nyRecaptimus_Prime360yellowtapesportaneed1232stepz_aheadhueybkkbullyMoore7sCapitalBFlyFreeCtCrude_pennyda1Logical TruthsCashmoneyDuxTrillfateNeophyte WolfgangMARIO_DROMseries_galaxy_1221 21 votes
Its true, Keep your wife satisfied and your marriage will be good to go.
40%
blackraindamnkpbigduece69qawshunbigbird_1metal face terroristmryounggunspit_fiyaKwan Daisemi-auto-matoLPastBussy_Getta Like Waterplayboy buddy roseAggieLean.luke1733zzombiePeace_79 18 votes
I don't know and I don't care tbh.
6%
Will MunnyLou CypherThe_Jackal 3 votes

Comments

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ what he said
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but real happiness is not always getting your way in everything
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    anyway....men have feelings an need happiness.

I refuse for someone to have control over me just to keep sanity and peace in my house.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know and I don't care tbh.
    I dont have a wife.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having miserable people in your life typically leads to them trying to make you miserable too and the closer you are to them the worse it is.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when both know how to compromise, it makes everything much better than just appeasing one person constantly
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    It's the truth...if she's happy then I'm happy I ain't got to hear her gotdamn mouth

^This

VIBE wrote: »
    when both know how to compromise, it makes everything much better than just appeasing one person constantly

It really only applies to little things.

Significant decisions require compromise and mutual understanding.

Also, I believe a man deserves a certain kind of respect as the head of his household.

But ...

Some Women, especially some black women, have a tendency to expend a tremendous amount focus on insignificant things that I couldn't care less about ...

It's easier to concede the small ? rather than deal with the headache of fighting every "battle".

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so y'all.? are marrying into slavery?

why get married if you only in it to make her happy?

this type mindframe is bad. it leads to holding out on ? cuz she ain't getting her way
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    damnkp wrote: »
    It's the truth...if she's happy then I'm happy I ain't got to hear her gotdamn mouth

^This

VIBE wrote: »

It really only applies to little things.

Significant decisions require compromise and mutual understanding.

Also, I believe a man deserves a certain kind of respect as the head of his household.

But ...

Some Women, especially some black women, have a tendency to expend a tremendous amount focus on insignificant things that I couldn't care less about ...

It's easier to concede the small ? rather than deal with the headache of fighting every "battle".

This man gets it. It's not supposed to be the whole Chris Rock skit, "...? ya dreams, now let's go out here and make this ? happy..." That's wack. Compromise and communication are two of the most important elements, if not thee most imortant elements, of a marriage.

As men, we tend to show less emotion, and don't really care about small ? .

Wife: You like these blinds for the living room?
    Me: *Not looking up* Sure. How much?
    Wife: You ain't even look.
    Me: *Glances real quick* Mmm hmmm... How much?
    *Blinds come in and I don't like em, but the wife does*
    Me to myself: *shrug* Ah well. Idgaf that much. I'll buy some more in a year or sumin.

That's prolly the extent of that whole motto. It's not supposed to apply to major decisions that affect the household. As the man, you SHOULD have the final say if you believe it to be most beneficial, but you both should still have input.

But yeah... "Happy wife, happy life." for the small stuff. It keeps everything relatively sane.

• 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "Happy wife happy life" sounds like crakkka speak. A no ? having intimidated by ? type of muthafucka would have that weak-minded mentality.

I'm like this,

? , if you are un-satisfied with whatever the ? I'm doin it would be best for you to find another ? who makes you happy because I don't want your miserable ? ass in my vicinity. I'm not going to loose a wink of sleep if you leave cause I have a number of ? waiting to take your spot. Now how's that ? ?
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah she got to compromise on some stuff.

I try to keep her happy by not saying much 80% of the time, but the 20% of the time I open my mouth about something bothering me or me wanting something within reason I expect immediate action.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No wife, happy life
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so y'all.? are marrying into slavery?

why get married if you only in it to make her happy?

this type mindframe is bad. it leads to holding out on ? cuz she ain't getting her way

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I haven't heard anyone in here claim the bolded.

Re-read my initial post, fam.

Although, if one of the core foundations of your relationship is NOT mutual happiness for BOTH parties - that may be a problem in and of itself.

Considering the broader construct of Happiness,
    I am not personally motivated to make her happy; simply because I am "obligated" to be ...

I am personally motivated to make her happy because "I choose to be" ... Because I truly love her.

If either of us don't feel that way ... than why are we even married in the first place?

Sidenote - If your wife ever uses her ? as a bargaining chip, you have MUCH deeper relationship problems than we are discussing here.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rock with it. I think this speaks more about a husband then it does the wife. If, as the head of household you have created an environment of love, respect and purpose then a byproduct of that effort will be a wife that is happy. I am of the opinion a man is responsible for the successes and failures in his home. If, your wiz aint right you aint right.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I rock with it. I think this speaks more about a husband then it does the wife. If, as the head of household you have created an environment of love, respect and purpose then a byproduct of that effort will be a wife that is happy. I am of the opinion a man is responsible for the successes and failures in his home. If, your wiz aint right you aint right.

you have half a point. but in order for a man to do his job properly, his woman needs to do her part.

a household is ran by the man but supported by the woman.

how can I run it properly when I gotta keep stopping to turn around to check on her to see if she happy?

that gives her too much power.

countries have been destroyed over unhappy ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Cuban missile crisis was really over a ? .
    Kennedy, the Russian an Castro was all smashing the same chick.
    Kennedy kept laying hands on her,
    the Russian wasn't tapping it right,
    and Castro had her in paradise but had other ? there too.

the Russian wanted missles there to keep Kennedy at bay do he could try to hit it again an show Castro can't protect her.
    Castro said. bring the missles but was gonna Jack them once they got there.

Kennedy if y'all keep that ? ....I'm killing everybody. Russia pulled back the middle, Castro kicked the ? out the country.

Kennedy got ? and killed the woman cuz she came back pregnant an with VD.

look up Chappaquiddick
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAH... THIS IS BULLSHYT

NOW DONT GET ME WRONG, WE ALL MUST MAKE SACRIFICES FOR EACH OTHER, BUT IT COMES TO A POINT AND TIME WHERE YOU GOTTA DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

you have half a point. but in order for a man to do his job properly, his woman needs to do her part.

a household is ran by the man but supported by the woman.

how can I run it properly when I gotta keep stopping to turn around to check on her to see if she happy?

that gives her too much power.

countries have been destroyed over unhappy ? .

Why would you marry a woman that isn't secure and doesn't support you?

What is the point of these threads if, we aren't discussing people who don't have their ? together?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It's not something you apply to major decisions that affect you both...it mainly goes for little ? like "What you want to eat"..."Do you like these towels"..."Do these pillows look good with the couch"...and other simple ? like that I truly give no ? about.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Happy wife happy life" sounds like crakkka speak. A no ? having intimidated by ? type of muthafucka would have that weak-minded mentality.

I'm like this,

? , if you are un-satisfied with whatever the ? I'm doin it would be best for you to find another ? who makes you happy because I don't want your miserable ? ass in my vicinity. I'm not going to loose a wink of sleep if you leave cause I have a number of ? waiting to take your spot. Now how's that ? ?

The anger.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that what some of what you are not realizing is that happy wife doesn't mean that she always get her own way or that she can't be told no. To even think they is immature.

Happy wife might mean not arguing with her about what color the bathroom is going to be painted.

Happy wife might mean putting her in her place when she wants to cop a new car when she doesn't need one.

Y'all have to realize that leading and making decisions can make you women "happy". It's not all about getting your own way.