Meek's reputation or Drake's legacy.... Which took the bigger hit???

Options
GetoBoy
GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in The Reason
BEFORE THE BEEF:

Meek's rep was at a all time high selling 250 mill first week bagging Nicki and being viewed as one of the leaders of the new school and the one cat ppl said was keeping that street music alive

Drake's legacy was headed for greatness being viewed as one of the top lyricist in the game being compared to the likes of Jay on the mic and ppl saying could end up being one of the greatest (no revisionist history he was being talked about as possibly going down as one of the greats on the mic if he kept up)

AFTER THE BEEF:

Meek's rep is that of which is synonymously compared to a L and now everything he does he is made a joke out of.... Oh and he lost Nicki

Drake's legacy went from being one of the great lyricist in the game and compared to Jay to one of which is compared to the likes of Ye Dre Puff and Swizz Beats as ? who could never be in the convo becuz they don't write or get help writing

Which took the bigger hit

Meek's reputation or Drake's legacy.... Which took the bigger hit??? 70 votes

Meek's Reputation
70%
[Deleted User]sapp08_2001c. skillztexas409damnkpnorthtoledoboileftcoastkevinfamous114anduinDarthRozayP. TownqawshunTrill Gate$za'kissfranknittiL.O.S.T.Koltraingeronimo220Like WaterTheBoyRo 49 votes
Drake's Legacy
30%
Bender Rodriguezgns i ro nyantoseegachewon87bkkbullyilledoutspit_fiyaCeLLaR-DooRBobOblahsoulfulcatMR.CJTrillfateTHIRDSUPREMEAggieLean.ListencloserJonah 2.0EmM HoLLa.Louis Devinearnatural born sinners 21 votes

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    Drake ain't lose no credibility outside of REAL hip hop fans, Word to my ? @sion

You got random ass white politicians like norm Kelly jumping on the wave. Hip hop is in a sad state
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    20 years from now when people look back at the most popular music from this time period Drake will be remembered and no one will talk about ghostwriters

Meeks whole career will just be a blip on the radar and won't be mentioned with the big hitters of this era
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    On the Internet, meek's rep...in real life, neither...

Lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    Clear and easy choice. Meek wudda eventually revealed himself as the feelings ? he is but Drake fans/stand claimed (and some still try @Sion) that Drake is up there with the greatest/most legendary.

No way he can be now.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    Lol @Sion my bad King someone else already tagged you in here
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    Meek mill will be mentioned with the likes of young berg and bow wow for the unprecedented streak of L's he's collected in a short time. That will be his claim to fame 10 years from now. His career is already fizzling a bit, and it won't be long before he's on reality television where major careers go to die.

Drake's title of good rapper was never his claim to fame, he was just a great artist/package that could rap pretty well, and hold a decent note. Now he is put into the Kanye catagory by apologists because his entertainment and artist value outweigh his talent as a lyricist and that's not what should hold the weight.

Drake was at the top of the mountain, and will be remembered for his time at the top, the same way Ja had his time, the same way P, and others had their couple year reign. Drake will be remembered for his moment. Meek never had his moment, and if he did, it was only to push drake to greater heights.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    It's almost like the Barry Bonds of rap.... Yea you got all those records but no amount of home runs gonna make ppl forget you cheated them and that'll always be your legacy.... That's huge when you tryna portray yourself as great and wanna be with the greatest that's a huge hit to a ? becuz it'll never go nowhere the meek jokes will get old after awhile and the internet will find a new punching bag.... That Drake legacy thing will be forever for him

Wrong person to use. If you know baseball. Barry Bonds was considered a great and a HOF'er before left the Pirates and went to the Giants. Its still brought up till this day as a reason for sports writers being ? for not voting Bonds into the HOF because he had a HOF career before the actual use of steroids.

Now if you would've said Mark Mcgwire I would've agreed with you.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Drake.....HIP HOP wize he can no longer fix his Canada dry mouf & claim to b top 5 or the nu j after Twitter fingers..........drizzy is a popstar diva he raps/recites & sings so that's how he was able to survive meeks qm ether bomb.......but no matter how many Roger from what's happening jonnyfaggots 4eyed geeks computer nerds is saying meek took a L on the net...... Meeks Twitter fingers ether on Drake will forever hold more weight then any Drake diss cuz drizzy really has ghostwriters & he lost all HIP HOP credibility.......plus meek only lost to people who don't know ? about hip hop or they just don't care about the culture cuz u can't win rap battles with ghostwriters meek still has the hip hop heads that's y j didn't get on a record wit Drake & meek MIXTAPE outsold the gaysta stripper butterfly blood album
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    It's almost like the Barry Bonds of rap.... Yea you got all those records but no amount of home runs gonna make ppl forget you cheated them and that'll always be your legacy.... That's huge when you tryna portray yourself as great and wanna be with the greatest that's a huge hit to a ? becuz it'll never go nowhere the meek jokes will get old after awhile and the internet will find a new punching bag.... That Drake legacy thing will be forever for him

Wrong person to use. If you know baseball. Barry Bonds was considered a great and a HOF'er before left the Pirates and went to the Giants. Its still brought up till this day as a reason for sports writers being ? for not voting Bonds into the HOF because he had a HOF career before the actual use of steroids.

True but either way it's a matter of your legacy being tarnished and no matter what you did b4 or after once your viewed as a cheater you gotta live with that... If Drake was aiming for Puff and Dre type of albums it wouldn't be a problem but he was aiming for Jay and Nas status and now he gotta look at the mountain top and know he can never reach it
  • gee757
    Options
    Wtf so now delusional drakies is acting like they popstar diva wasnt boasting like he was some hip hop lyrical great like j b4 meek came thru & crushed that bs wit Twitter fingers? Boy y'all need to stop
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True but either way it's a matter of your legacy being tarnished and no matter what you did b4 or after once your viewed as a cheater you gotta live with that... If Drake was aiming for Puff and Dre type of albums it wouldn't be a problem but he was aiming for Jay and Nas status and now he gotta look at the mountain top and know he can never reach it

True as well. Just stating that Bonds at a point had unquestioned and untainted greatness.

Drake whole career is in question.

I got your point its just I'm a Barry Bonds fan is all.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Meek mill will be mentioned with the likes of young berg and bow wow for the unprecedented streak of L's he's collected in a short time. That will be his claim to fame 10 years from now. His career is already fizzling a bit, and it won't be long before he's on reality television where major careers go to die.

Drake's title of good rapper was never his claim to fame, he was just a great artist/package that could rap pretty well, and hold a decent note. Now he is put into the Kanye catagory by apologists because his entertainment and artist value outweigh his talent as a lyricist and that's not what should hold the weight.

Drake was at the top of the mountain, and will be remembered for his time at the top, the same way Ja had his time, the same way P, and others had their couple year reign. Drake will be remembered for his moment. Meek never had his moment, and if he did, it was only to push drake to greater heights.

That's where y'all doing the revisionist history thing..... Drake being a great rapper WAS his claim nobody started putting him into the ye category till the ghost writing claims but b4 that he was put in the top lyricist category.... He himself would brag able how great he was so let's all stop acting like Drake from jump has just always been in the only entertainer/artist category becuz b4 this beef he was in the MC category

Drake was initially sold as a good rapper that could sing too. Most ? never took drake seriously as a great MC. Just because he would brag about how great he was don't make him great. The perception among myself and most people who's opinions I respect is that he was cool for what he was, a talented hitmaker, an above average lyricist, and subpar album crafting ability, like he still is, with the exception of the lyricism.

My lil brother says drake makes great vibe music. And he does, but great lyrics, cohesive albums..... Na. His most cohesive album was his first mixtape.
  • gee757
    Options
    When j choose not to get on a record wit Drake cuz meek that certified the Twitter fingers ether on drizzy hip hop credibility
  • GetoBoy
    Options

True as well. Just stating that Bonds at a point had unquestioned and untainted greatness.

Drake whole career is in question.

I got your point its just I'm a Barry Bonds fan is all.

I'm one of the biggest bond fans too so I get it lol
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    I don't like Drakes music but yall acting like he ain't worth 100 million....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    I don't like Drakes music but yall acting like he ain't worth 100 million....

how u know this?
  • GetoBoy
    Options

That's where y'all doing the revisionist history thing..... Drake being a great rapper WAS his claim nobody started putting him into the ye category till the ghost writing claims but b4 that he was put in the top lyricist category.... He himself would brag able how great he was so let's all stop acting like Drake from jump has just always been in the only entertainer/artist category becuz b4 this beef he was in the MC category

Drake was initially sold as a good rapper that could sing too. Most ? never took drake seriously as a great MC. Just because he would brag about how great he was don't make him great. The perception among myself and most people who's opinions I respect is that he was cool for what he was, a talented hitmaker, an above average lyricist, and subpar album crafting ability, like he still is, with the exception of the lyricism.

My lil brother says drake makes great vibe music. And he does, but great lyrics, cohesive albums..... Na. His most cohesive album was his first mixtape.

But that's my point he was aiming for the greats... And I think you looking at it from hip hop heads in the streets I'm talking wide scale he was being viewed as a lyricist I mean even when you see other rappers and such talk about him they say I had him in there with the lyricist now I've taken him out..... To me that hurts just as much as Twitter jokes if not more becuz those will go away but your legacy you gotta live with that forever