Would you ever take a spouse back after cheating?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
real goon ?

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.

Why bother? Even when people do it doesnt end well. Better to save yourself time and effort and cut it off right away.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course everyone in this thread is going to be macho and say "no."

The truth is the folks saying "no" likely aren't even faithful to their girlfriends, fiancé, wives, etc right now.

To answer the question though I'd probably forgive her and move on I'd allow her a few mistakes here and there whether it be cheating or something else.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. I'll forgive but trust is a fragile thing and I'll never trust her again.
  • Crude_
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

The truth is the folks saying "no" likely aren't even faithful to their girlfriends, fiancé, wives, etc right now.

To answer the question though I'd probably forgive her and move on I'd allow her a few mistakes here and there whether it be cheating or something else.

No. stop projecting i can only speak for myself im always faithful and its one strike and your out. there are no such thing as mistakes.. that wording right their is all the allowance someone needs to make "mistakes"

Not projecting brother and more power to you but most kneegrows ain't faithful like that.

If what you say is true you're a rare breed.

As far as me I'd take her back ask her why and get over it.

Not going to lie I'd probably lose a little love her though. Once someone loses a little love for you you never get that back no matter if you're taken back or not. I've seen it first hand in relationships I've been in.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn, a few mistakes?
  • Crude_
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »

Damn, a few mistakes?

I specified or at least I thought I did I wasnt just talking about cheating.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No. stop projecting i can only speak for myself im always faithful and its one strike and your out. there are no such thing as mistakes.. that wording right their is all the allowance someone needs to make "mistakes"

Not projecting brother and more power to you but most kneegrows ain't faithful like that.

If what you say is true you're a rare breed.

As far as me I'd take her back ask her why and get over it.

Not going to lie I'd probably lose a little love her though. Once someone loses a little love for you you never get that back no matter if you're taken back or not. I've seen it first hand in relationships I've been in.
    Koltrain wrote: »

Damn, a few mistakes?

I specified or at least I thought I did I wasnt just talking about cheating.

You sound like a a proud cuck
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's easy as ? to cut off someone you're just dating, but let's say you've been married ten years and have started a family together with her, then you find out. What do you do?

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    It's easy as ? to cut off someone you're just dating, but let's say you've been married ten years and have started a family together with her, then you find out. What do you do?
    jono wrote: »
    I'll forgive but trust is a fragile thing and I'll never trust her again.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Most people say no, but a lot of people that say no would actually take the person back when actualyl faced with this situation.

Some people actually forgive, but most people just have short memories.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When kids and a marriage is involved....

If you know you gonna hold and display resentment you may as well cut that ? off.

If your partner holds and displays resentment for your "cheating" you may as well cut that ? off also.

I don't know what's worse.....single parenting or staying in a marriage "for the sake of the kids" and raising those kids in a house full of tension. Kids may turn out socially ? due to a bad parenting model. It's a dice roll.

If you forgive that ? you better accept it and accept your role as the forgiver. Personally I wouldn't do it.

Better off letting them know up front what your proclivities are, but ? happens.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since we talking spouse, I'm guessing this means vows have been taken. Yall might say no now, but love can make folks do strange things. I see it all the time how people underestimate what the idea of being together FOREVER has on their relationship. Forever is a mighty long time for someone to not make that mistake. I don't even know if I could hold myself to it.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a green light for some strange, once we're on common ground then we can see what's up. Depending on how the relationship is/was before
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know.

Of course the immediate answer is hell no, but I don't know. Depends on the circumstances and how I felt going forward.

I feel like it would make me less likely to want to be faithful, which would be bad. That's no life to live for either of us.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of you are under estimating the damage cheating can have on not just the two involved but the people around the marriage including kids
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Yea. When kids comes into play, it changes things ofcourse. At that point id have to look at the situation and see exactly what happened. Was she feeling neglected and ? around on me once? Was life too overwhelming and she just needed a escape? Was she just a horn ball taking multiple ? at once? Id have to really understand her reasoning. Also, she would have to really want forgiveness, feel guilty for what she did, and work really hard to make things work. How much can a person that stepped on you and your kids want to make things work though? Doesnt seem too realistic.

Pride is a ? . It would be incredibly hard to look myself in the mirror and my kids in their faces knowing their dad let a his wife cheat on him and stay. However, in theory, id do anything to make sure my kids have a happy home, and in a divorce/breakup with kids, its not just that i wouldnt be able to be around my kids as much but also eventually some other dude is going to be around my kids. I cant have that.

So in theory, I want to say that for my kids Id wanna bite the bullet and try to come to an understanding to keep them happy. Id probably end up losing interest in my relationship with my wife though.
  • Crude_
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Most people say no, but a lot of people that say no would actually take the person back when actualyl faced with this situation.

Some people actually forgive, but most people just have short memories.

This is all I'm saying I see folks have outside babies, s/o beats the ? out of them, ruins their credit, etc and they still take them back.

A lot of folks will quickly be on that "oh I aint going to deal with such and such" when they're a third party observer, but as soon as they get put in a situation they're humbled.

Especially if you got stake in the situation like children or you been fooling with the person for years.