Meek's reputation or Drake's legacy.... Which took the bigger hit???

Options

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    Obligatory "Rappers Delight" post incoming...
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    If you ? are saying the whole Drake Kdot and Cole as the new era best MC'S was never a thing or ? wasn't saying stuff like as a MC Drake was Jay and ? like Cole/Kdot was like Nas y'all lying..... And if you think in 10 years nobody will be remembering this you are also lying especially if Drake still making music his pen will forever be a question and he could never be put in the MC category and if y'all think that's just gonna magically go away one day and ppl will just forget it you playing yourself if anything that shadow will get bigger the bigger he gets in the pop world

Your off on that one....drake,dot, and cole were thought next in the game...which is happening right now...no one said ? about the next MC'S

No one will care about the ghostwriting in 10 years...easy and dre are both legends in the rap world even though they don't or didn't write their own ? ....all the ghostwriting ? will fall off and the music will be left

People need to stop pretending like people thought Drake was ever going to be some top 10 rapper...no one said that ? ...on the same note...meek will never be top 10 either so that whole point is mute on both sides

So what do you think ppl are gonna say about Drake in 10 years that they not saying today??? They STILL gonna say he ain't write his ? you think ppl all of a sudden are not gonna say that about Drake???? You brought up easy and dre like ppl don't still say that about them too... He'll have the same legacy as them only difference is they never painted themselves as MCs meanwhile Drake did so it'll be worse

If you bring up NWA or dre...no one goes to oh but they didn't write the ? ...they talk about the classic music they made

Drake doesn't have classics like they do but in 10 years one of drakes hits get played and no one is going to stop and say...oh but he didn't write this....he will be remembered as being the most popular artist during this timeframe

It's only in discussions about who is the best or comparing music when it will be brought up...but Drake and meek both were never going to be brought up with who were the best rappers anyway...regardless of ghostwriting or not neither has the classic material needed for that

If Dre claimed to be top.5 MC ppl would bring it up you keep missing that.... The reason Dre and Easy having ghost writers ain't a big deal becuz they never.... Wait for it.... claimed to be MC's nobody claimed they were MC's... Drake was pawned off as a MC and only after the ghostwriter stuff did it turn into he not a MC he just a great artist.... This will always be brought up for that reason and if you think ppl will one day just let it go you are sadly fooling yourself

You are aware of the definition of an MC right? Anyone can claim to be a top MC...? his concerts sold out quickly so his MC skills seem to be on point

Drake was said to be the next big mainstream hip hop act with hits which he has been...no one who is deep in hip hop ever considered him to be the next nas lyrically or anything

Ppl have let the ghostwriting ? go already...I don't need to wait and I don't really care...views sold how many records? Again only hip hop heads give a ? ...the mainstream radio fans don't give a ? and that far outweighs the hip hop heads

Man I don't even like the dude but ppl need to stop making up these weak arguements and pretend like anyone out of a niche group of ppl give a ? ....just say you don't like him and leave it at that

Drake wanted and aimed to be seen as a great by that same niche crowd you talking about and his peers he will never be able to be that now..... You think he gonna care more about what Becky in Beverly hills thinks about him when his career is said and done or the hip hop community??? Swear y'all think all the ? care about is money and sales and that's it no the ? wanted to be great and was being called one of the best lyricist of the new school in the game now he's gotta fever live with being synonymous with a ? that don't write his raps and if you think one day ppl gonna be like "we don't care he still a great MC" you tripping he'll never get a chance to get that back and for a ? that was aiming for that that's a blow

You talk to Drake to know what be wants or cares about?

Because history doesn't say that...he never changed his style to be hard, never went super lyrical miracle, never stopped singing even when a lot of hip hop fans ? on him for it

Go to a club and when a Drake song comes on....go up to a ? you want to ? and say "he didn't write this" and see if she gives a ? or if she just wanna enjoy the music...it's only yall mother ? who gonna keep dwelling on it

So like I said you think he don't care about his legacy becuz ? like his ? ??? You keep telling yourself that.... ? asking me about pickup lines to Drake songs playing in the background if you have to go from claiming top 5 to that you done took a major hit

If you ain't in the rap game for the mother ? cash mane what is your mother ? purpose....still holds true

I'd imagine Drake would take money and ? over what some dusty hip hop head thinks about him

But whatever...if you want to keep making up excuses for not liking him, next time just say you don't like his music and leave it at that

Huh??? ? wtf excuse have I made?? Keep it 100 you sleep in ovo pj's huh becuz I ain't said one bad thing about him or his music get out your feelings
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dc4 outsold 1992
    How exactly did meek go out?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    So now after b2b meek lost nikki the same wk, dwmtm didn't go gold wit a plat single & DC4 didn't out sell a stripper rapper album... gotcha y'all drakies r really delusional y'all want meek to catch a L so bad even if u just gotta make up 1 smh

When meek do lol numbers next album don't @ me and don't quote me.

His mixtape just outsold games album meek is just fine wit the hip hop crowd it's the drakie hip pop crowd that hates him for exposing they popstar diva
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Son
    You gon stop blasphemin Mike across this board like dude not the greatest of all time
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake made find you love before the meek beef, hotline bling after it

Maybe I was disconnected but I never listened to Drake and thought damn this ? one of the sickest rappers I ever heard

Dude make hits, unlike anything to ever come through the game...he didn't invent singing/rapping but a hit maker to this magnitude come through the game and last this long...some of it could be timing but Drake the Prius of this ?
  • R.D.
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    What about 50 Cent or Eminem ? Drake has big first weeks but he's never sold more records than them.... he not the only making hits, he's just hyped cuz it's a younger generation who don't remember Em or fif, Jay, luda, dmx or ja

None of them lasted this long

All of their times overlapped

Drake has been the undisputed top sales/hit maker for at least 6 years

Nah bro, nobody had this type of run
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    What?
    Drake just ain't got no competition
    Doesn't mean his run is unparalleled
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find Your Love was initially for Rihanna...
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    For me it's Drake. I gave him a pass because of what I thought was HIS pen game. Since he's been exposed, he's just a Canadian child star who's trying to hard in my book. I never messed w/ Meek's music.
  • R.D.
    Options
    What?
    Drake just ain't got no competition
    Doesn't mean his run is unparalleled

What

He's not even considered the best at any genre and got this type of run

Who's his run comparable to then. "Just because he has no competition" you just made my point

Shut up ?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    man yall must have forgot about back 2 back
    ? had a hit song killin Meek and telling him "is that your world tour or your girls tour"

lol Meek hold that lifetime L pleighboi
  • R.D.
    Options
    6 year run consistently topping the charts...justify it however you want

The hate say more about you
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    It's not hate tho
    I never said he didn't have 6 years topping the charts
    Only that he's not the only 1 or the 1st 1
  • R.D.
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Saved me a titangraph

That's what I'm saying, I'm not knocking what Drake accomplished but it's other rappers who had a big run too. Dmx dropped 2 albums in one year that sold 12 million albums together. Then got blockbuster movie after blockbuster movie.

6 years straight

All what y'all saying is cool but it's sustained dominance. I can't make it any clearer

There is no run that compares to his...y'all not proving it wrong cause you can't

DMx sold 12 mil in one year...cool, that's not 6 years

50 sold what 20-25 mil in 2years...cool, that's not 6 years

I can't compare record sales then and now, the game ain't the same...but top of the charts/selling the most...dominance of urban music

There's been nobody to have this long a reign consistently the unchallenged top guy

Dot/Cole are better rappers and do their thing but they can't knock him off cause he ain't in their lane, he's a hybrid

? a Prius

• BackInWhite
    Options
    You got it, fam
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Don't cosign me!
    Wayne did it bigger
    Jay did it bigger
    Pac did it bigger
    But Drake a prius
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's rep will get better over time... Drake's legacy could NEVER get better he can just change routes and apparently make everybody forget what his original route was.... I mean ain't there just a interview with the lox saying they use to have Drake in that Kdot Come class of lyricist but now he not in there no more??? That really was what ppl were thinking of him...This is possibly the quickest case of revisionist history I've ever heard.....? really out here thinking as sensitive as Drake has been shown to be he not worried bout all his peers dismissing him as a MC becuz of ? love his music and he getting money smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Meek mill will be mentioned with the likes of young berg and bow wow for the unprecedented streak of L's he's collected in a short time. That will be his claim to fame 10 years from now. His career is already fizzling a bit, and it won't be long before he's on reality television where major careers go to die.

Drake's title of good rapper was never his claim to fame, he was just a great artist/package that could rap pretty well, and hold a decent note. Now he is put into the Kanye catagory by apologists because his entertainment and artist value outweigh his talent as a lyricist and that's not what should hold the weight.

Drake was at the top of the mountain, and will be remembered for his time at the top, the same way Ja had his time, the same way P, and others had their couple year reign. Drake will be remembered for his moment. Meek never had his moment, and if he did, it was only to push drake to greater heights.

This why I hate the Internet
    Y'all blow ? up and then run with it like it's gospel
    Did meek lose a rap battle? Yes
    But that's it!
    Berg out here gettin robbed and slapped and kicked off reality TV shows
    Bow wow going bankrupt, gettin engaged to reality TV show thots and doing joint albums with soulja boy
    Stop it
    I know the L ? is funny and whatever but y'all be so quick to hand them muhfuckas out for the dumbest ?
    I remember it was whole thread on here about how meek lost cuz he was wearing jordans while he had a sponsorship from puma
    Only on the internet is wearing a pair of 200 dollar shoes when you gettin paid to wear another brand of shoes a loss

Well that would be a loss if puma axed his contract over it which endorsement companies do if you wear a rival product. Meek Mill takes the bigger L because even though Drake and his writing is forever suspect, his actual character isn't. Meek exposed himself as an emotional ? who don't think before he reacts. In 10 years nobody will give a ? Drake got help with a song like Energy...but they will remember those twitter and instagram "I'm quitting the internet" only to come back 2 minutes later rants from Meek

nah.

? still say "nas lost" and that was 16 years ago.

anybody who cares about the argument (top 5 RAPPER ? ) will FOREVER remember this ? .

People say Nas lost as a joke. Nobody seriously doubts Nas' credibility as an MC. Of course from an MC perspective as I said Drake's reputation is tainted, but nobody really questions who Drake is as a person. For Meek his whole persona was being the street ? and now he's seen as someone who is quicker to get into a beef on twitter than anything else
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Meek mill will be mentioned with the likes of young berg and bow wow for the unprecedented streak of L's he's collected in a short time. That will be his claim to fame 10 years from now. His career is already fizzling a bit, and it won't be long before he's on reality television where major careers go to die.

Drake's title of good rapper was never his claim to fame, he was just a great artist/package that could rap pretty well, and hold a decent note. Now he is put into the Kanye catagory by apologists because his entertainment and artist value outweigh his talent as a lyricist and that's not what should hold the weight.

Drake was at the top of the mountain, and will be remembered for his time at the top, the same way Ja had his time, the same way P, and others had their couple year reign. Drake will be remembered for his moment. Meek never had his moment, and if he did, it was only to push drake to greater heights.

This why I hate the Internet
    Y'all blow ? up and then run with it like it's gospel
    Did meek lose a rap battle? Yes
    But that's it!
    Berg out here gettin robbed and slapped and kicked off reality TV shows
    Bow wow going bankrupt, gettin engaged to reality TV show thots and doing joint albums with soulja boy
    Stop it
    I know the L ? is funny and whatever but y'all be so quick to hand them muhfuckas out for the dumbest ?
    I remember it was whole thread on here about how meek lost cuz he was wearing jordans while he had a sponsorship from puma
    Only on the internet is wearing a pair of 200 dollar shoes when you gettin paid to wear another brand of shoes a loss

Well that would be a loss if puma axed his contract over it which endorsement companies do if you wear a rival product. Meek Mill takes the bigger L because even though Drake and his writing is forever suspect, his actual character isn't. Meek exposed himself as an emotional ? who don't think before he reacts. In 10 years nobody will give a ? Drake got help with a song like Energy...but they will remember those twitter and instagram "I'm quitting the internet" only to come back 2 minutes later rants from Meek

Boy stop
    Only ? gon forget whole verses of reference tracks is fans
    Everybody else gon remember both and immediately not give a ?
    You act like your opinion of a ? gon change his life
    "Oh I know he's a emotional ? blah blah blah"
    So?
    And puma didn't axe the contract
    Look at you, ready to assign some more L's

I didn't say they axed the contract, I said they could have. The purse line is something that ? clowned Drake for when Lord Knows first dropped. ? was a corny ass line that ? said fit right into Drake's insecure fall in love with a different stripper every other week persona he'd been riding with. It wasn't anything new. Meek's image was the polar opposite. The Philly street ? , who some saw a battle rapper, instead comes across as a ? who had to have his twitter password hidden from him by his team in order to keep him off the internet...that's an L
  • blackrain
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    In reality the hip hop culture took the biggest L. think about it.

Not at all

Ghostwriting is at the core of hip hop.

Man hell naw. ? woulda ran you outta hip hop in the 80s and 90s if they even got a hint of somebody else pennin your rhymes.

So the fact that for decades now rappers have been open about talking about writing raps for other rappers, yet nobody has been ran out the game for it means nothing to you?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    If you ? are saying the whole Drake Kdot and Cole as the new era best MC'S was never a thing or ? wasn't saying stuff like as a MC Drake was Jay and ? like Cole/Kdot was like Nas y'all lying..... And if you think in 10 years nobody will be remembering this you are also lying especially if Drake still making music his pen will forever be a question and he could never be put in the MC category and if y'all think that's just gonna magically go away one day and ppl will just forget it you playing yourself if anything that shadow will get bigger the bigger he gets in the pop world

Your off on that one....drake,dot, and cole were thought next in the game...which is happening right now...no one said ? about the next MC'S

No one will care about the ghostwriting in 10 years...easy and dre are both legends in the rap world even though they don't or didn't write their own ? ....all the ghostwriting ? will fall off and the music will be left

People need to stop pretending like people thought Drake was ever going to be some top 10 rapper...no one said that ? ...on the same note...meek will never be top 10 either so that whole point is mute on both sides

So what do you think ppl are gonna say about Drake in 10 years that they not saying today??? They STILL gonna say he ain't write his ? you think ppl all of a sudden are not gonna say that about Drake???? You brought up easy and dre like ppl don't still say that about them too... He'll have the same legacy as them only difference is they never painted themselves as MCs meanwhile Drake did so it'll be worse

If you bring up NWA or dre...no one goes to oh but they didn't write the ? ...they talk about the classic music they made

Drake doesn't have classics like they do but in 10 years one of drakes hits get played and no one is going to stop and say...oh but he didn't write this....he will be remembered as being the most popular artist during this timeframe

It's only in discussions about who is the best or comparing music when it will be brought up...but Drake and meek both were never going to be brought up with who were the best rappers anyway...regardless of ghostwriting or not neither has the classic material needed for that

If Dre claimed to be top.5 MC ppl would bring it up you keep missing that.... The reason Dre and Easy having ghost writers ain't a big deal becuz they never.... Wait for it.... claimed to be MC's nobody claimed they were MC's... Drake was pawned off as a MC and only after the ghostwriter stuff did it turn into he not a MC he just a great artist.... This will always be brought up for that reason and if you think ppl will one day just let it go you are sadly fooling yourself

You are aware of the definition of an MC right? Anyone can claim to be a top MC...? his concerts sold out quickly so his MC skills seem to be on point

Drake was said to be the next big mainstream hip hop act with hits which he has been...no one who is deep in hip hop ever considered him to be the next nas lyrically or anything

Ppl have let the ghostwriting ? go already...I don't need to wait and I don't really care...views sold how many records? Again only hip hop heads give a ? ...the mainstream radio fans don't give a ? and that far outweighs the hip hop heads

Man I don't even like the dude but ppl need to stop making up these weak arguements and pretend like anyone out of a niche group of ppl give a ? ....just say you don't like him and leave it at that

Drake wanted and aimed to be seen as a great by that same niche crowd you talking about and his peers he will never be able to be that now..... You think he gonna care more about what Becky in Beverly hills thinks about him when his career is said and done or the hip hop community??? Swear y'all think all the ? care about is money and sales and that's it no the ? wanted to be great and was being called one of the best lyricist of the new school in the game now he's gotta fever live with being synonymous with a ? that don't write his raps and if you think one day ppl gonna be like "we don't care he still a great MC" you tripping he'll never get a chance to get that back and for a ? that was aiming for that that's a blow

Because history doesn't say that...he never changed his style to be hard, never went super lyrical miracle, never stopped singing even when a lot of hip hop fans ? on him for it

Go to a club and when a Drake song comes on....go up to a ? you want to ? and say "he didn't write this" and see if she gives a ? or if she just wanna enjoy the music...it's only yall mother ? who gonna keep dwelling on it

So like I said you think he don't care about his legacy becuz ? like his ? ??? You keep telling yourself that.... ? asking me about pickup lines to Drake songs playing in the background if you have to go from claiming top 5 to that you done took a major hit

If you ain't in the rap game for the mother ? cash mane what is your mother ? purpose....still holds true

I'd imagine Drake would take money and ? over what some dusty hip hop head thinks about him

But whatever...if you want to keep making up excuses for not liking him, next time just say you don't like his music and leave it at that

It's funny cuz that's exactly what I'm saying
    Except switch out drake for meek and dusty hip hop head for dusty ? on a hip hop website

Meek tries to be super hip hop though.....and always trying to denounce his "haters"..so he obviously cares
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Meek's Reputation

Huh??? ? wtf excuse have I made?? Keep it 100 you sleep in ovo pj's huh becuz I ain't said one bad thing about him or his music get out your feelings

Your responses are just wack and don't make sense then...constantly grasping at anything to respond back to me but the ? keeps getting more absurd each time...there has to be a reason why you trying so hard because if you don't dislike his music and enjoy it there's no reason to care who wrote it....just enjoy the music