Meek's reputation or Drake's legacy.... Which took the bigger hit???

Options

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Looking at things objectively:

Meek's selling point was that he is a street ? . There was a lot of emphasis put on his image. Now to me, logically, being a street rapper in the mid-late 00s and 10s is basically putting a ceiling on your potential. Street ? ain't doing Wayne or DMX numbers anymore.

Drake was being pushed as a top MC. His style and lyricism was supposed to overshadow him being perceived as "soft." it turned out to be fraudulent but the bulk of his fan base aren't hip-hop purists. Its radio friendly pop fans.

Post-beef only one thing mattered: Drake's fanbase didn't care about ghostwriters while Meeks fans DID care about Meek's image.
    Ns
    Drake's audience just dropped calling him a GOAT MC but the pop audience still rocks with him because he makes the type of music they like. Drake only lost the purists who were only a small portion of his audience anyway.

I don't know any meek fans that cared at all about what Drake was talking about to be honest they all still meek fans

You know meek fans? Damn what are they like?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long as Drake wrote underground kings, take care, Marvins room, hotline bling, find your love, fake love idc
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Funny how y'all talking Drake never cared about being the top MC or all that talk when the last time we've heard him in sneak dissin he was just calling himself the GOAT... Y'all gotta cut it out acting like Drake never wanted to or cared to be in the great MC classw1ogx5w588sr.png

? acting like him and jay ain't throw jabs at each other either
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    blackrain wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Long as Drake wrote underground kings, take care, Marvins room, hotline bling, find your love, fake love idc

when the ghost writing audio first dropped Just Blaze said he was in the studio when Drake wrote his Lord Knows verse...which because of that terrible ass line about giong through a woman's purse I'm inclined to believe

Sure...

But Hush has writing credits on that song too...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

when the ghost writing audio first dropped Just Blaze said he was in the studio when Drake wrote his Lord Knows verse...which because of that terrible ass line about giong through a woman's purse I'm inclined to believe

Sure...

? I'm just going by what Just Blaze himself said on twitter. Unless you're saying he's lying for no reason
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    achewon87 wrote: »

Sure...

? I'm just going by what Just Blaze himself said on twitter. Unless you're saying he's lying for no reason

I am not sure either why he would lie...

But A. Pallman has writing credits on that song, check the liner notes/writing credits for yourself...

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's Legacy

So the ghostwriting is ok if it's on certain songs?

Incredible.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i dont get how a ? who was going to probably be temporary, reputation is more important than a ? loosing his legacy to a poison dart of facts he was building his face on the rap mt rush more now he just a mediocre pop artist by default and people are seeing that
  • champagne_papi
    champagne_papi Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere cuff ya ? and ya bars. I'm busy out here winning.
  • R.D.
    Options
    I been bumping Illmatic and RD back to back for the last couple weeks and this ? was coming for a spot on the Mt Rushmore of rap lmaooooo

Drake cool man, get that malice out your heart
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    I been bumping Illmatic and RD back to back for the last couple weeks and this ? was coming for a spot on the Mt Rushmore of rap lmaooooo

Yes, man. The ? was aiming for the mountain top.

I don't understand how you don't get that.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

Jay-z doesn't trade jabs with ? who are not worthy but these ? acting like that never happened smh
  • R.D.
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Jay-z doesn't trade jabs with ? who are not worthy but these ? acting like that never happened smh

Jay sent shots at Cam, Budden, and Jim Jones

Apologize !
  • R.D.
    Options

Why? Cause he said it in a song? What else he going rap about?

The skills ain't there. This ? ain't a better rapper than prime LL

What mountaintop was there room for him on

He's still going to go down as one of the greatest artists to come through the genre
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

" I'm sorry ms Drizzy"
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a top five
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Drake's Legacy

Why? Cause he said it in a song? What else he going rap about?

The skills ain't there. This ? ain't a better rapper than prime LL

What mountaintop was there room for him on

He's still going to go down as one of the greatest artists to come through the genre

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VqIdFWZyYXQ
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Jay sent shots at Cam, Budden, and Jim Jones

Apologize !

Bruh 2 ? you named are respected emcees with classic material lol and at the time he and Jim did they lil back and forth Jim has the hottest song in the country
  • bck145
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    Any of us could say we aiming for the Mt Rushmore of rap....doesn't mean anyone buys it

•  i ro ny
    Options
    Drake's Legacy
    bck145 wrote: »
    Any of us could say we aiming for the Mt Rushmore of rap....doesn't mean anyone buys it

You're missing the point.

Folks are in here saying that dude didn't care about being the best rapper or the greatest rapper...when he's said that he does...in interviews and in MULTIPLE SONGS.

Y'all keep bringing up other ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Folks are in here saying that dude didn't care about being the best rapper or the greatest rapper...when he's said that he does...in interviews and in MULTIPLE SONGS.

But he didn't care

Because he used ghost on some songs. If he cared he wouldn't use writers.
  • bck145
    Options
    Meek's Reputation

My point is he can say that all he wanted but ghost writers or not it wasn't going to happen....but yet you act like him saying that's what he wanted is an arguement against him...when it's not

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man some of yall need to clean yall's ? ass capes. This ? is disgusting, b.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek's Reputation
    Meek n drake made good music together