Early leader for ? of the year? A ? uses statistics to say that whitey isn't racist...

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    And by the way can you please stop f****** calling everybody ? . That Ethiopian, Somali in whatever the f*** he was didn't say anything that would make him a ? .

I've travel to other countries and trust me they are way more racist than America or Europe.

Thank you very much, you dont have a counter argument so you resort to name calling
    zero intelligience.

I have no interest in giving you a counter argument because you people fling the word ? around so much that it's become a meaningless word and by the way i did not call anyone a name in that post.

SO YOU HAVE ZERO READING ABILITY
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people are still very racist however the video is correct in that they are far less racist than other people in other countries.

And black people in white nations may not like that because it contradicts the stupid leftist liberal lies they've been taught their whole life.

You can't go to a place like India for example and think you are going to be treated equally

You can't come to America and think you're going to be treated equally.

It's true that white countries are more open to letting non-whites into their country, but that's kinda a consequence of the slave trade and colonialism. If you were importing non-whites into your country and annexing non-white countries into your empire, you're going kinda have to acclimate dealing with non-whites. India didn't conquer and absorb a bunch of non-Indians so of course they are not as used to dealing with people that aren't like them. However, it's incorrect to say that just because whites aren't as standoffish against other races they are less racist. This recent election cycle should tell you that more than anything else. White people had no problem throwing every other race of people under the bus despite the fact that most of this country's problems are brought on by the rich (mostly white) elite.

people come to america from all over the place and they are treated equally so you are wrong and i am proof of that

ALOT of the Scandinavian nations had little or next to nothing to do with slavery and they are the most open nations on earth, and there are no more European empires. No one is saying that racist white people no longer exist but the fact remains that non-white nations are far more racist we can get into the why's and the how's but the end result is the same.

People that come from outside of this country are not treated equally. Just because someone can from from outside of the country and become a success does not mean they are treated equally. That's like saying that since there have been black millionaires in this country for more than a century that we've been treated equally all that time.

As for Scandinavia, I could be wrong but Finland, Norway, and Sweden are like the whitest places in the world. In other words, minorities are so rare in those countries that their presence is more like a novelty and treated as such. I think you're thinking of the Netherlands, but the Dutch absolutely were involved in the slave trade.
  • zzombie
    Options
    White people are still very racist however the video is correct in that they are far less racist than other people in other countries.

And black people in white nations may not like that because it contradicts the stupid leftist liberal lies they've been taught their whole life.

You can't go to a place like India for example and think you are going to be treated equally

You can't come to America and think you're going to be treated equally.

It's true that white countries are more open to letting non-whites into their country, but that's kinda a consequence of the slave trade and colonialism. If you were importing non-whites into your country and annexing non-white countries into your empire, you're going kinda have to acclimate dealing with non-whites. India didn't conquer and absorb a bunch of non-Indians so of course they are not as used to dealing with people that aren't like them. However, it's incorrect to say that just because whites aren't as standoffish against other races they are less racist. This recent election cycle should tell you that more than anything else. White people had no problem throwing every other race of people under the bus despite the fact that most of this country's problems are brought on by the rich (mostly white) elite.

people come to america from all over the place and they are treated equally so you are wrong and i am proof of that

ALOT of the Scandinavian nations had little or next to nothing to do with slavery and they are the most open nations on earth, and there are no more European empires. No one is saying that racist white people no longer exist but the fact remains that non-white nations are far more racist we can get into the why's and the how's but the end result is the same.

People that come from outside of this country are not treated equally. Just because someone can from from outside of the country and become a success does not mean they are treated equally. That's like saying that since there have been black millionaires in this country for more than a century that we've been treated equally all that time.

As for Scandinavia, I could be wrong but Finland, Norway, and Sweden are like the whitest places in the world. In other words, minorities are so rare in those countries that their presence is more like a novelty and treated as such. I think you're thinking of the Netherlands, but the Dutch absolutely were involved in the slave trade.

I came here and was treated equally the same goes for all the immigrants i know so i am speaking from experience.

minorities are also rare in many parts of south Korea and japan but they are still denied entry into certain clubs based solely on their race and it is all perfectly legal such a thing would not be easily tolerated in Scandinavia or even the Netherlands, So the NOVELTY DEFENSE of your position is very weak.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    So now that we have this "information" how will this be any useful to anybody but white supremacists who wanna go "see see look look we ain't the most racist"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Again, one anecdotal story is not proof of anything. Oprah is doing better than 99% of white people in this country. That doesn't mean she was treated fairly, and it certainly doesn't mean all blacks are treated fairly.

lol There are white nationalist groups active in Scandinavia. You think they are letting a lot of blacks, browns, and tans in their establishments? And plenty of black people come back from Japan and Korea raving about how great their experiences there. These anecdotal stories you're putting out there don't prove anything.

It's not like racism the level of what we see in America is some innate human thing. It was a strategy implemented to enforce classism, and it's been fostered carefully since then. Something like that isn't possible in countries like those Eastern Asian countries or Scandinavia where minorities did not have enough of a presence to make such a tactic worthwhile.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »
    And by the way can you please stop f****** calling everybody ? . That Ethiopian, Somali in whatever the f*** he was didn't say anything that would make him a ? .

I've travel to other countries and trust me they are way more racist than America or Europe.

Thank you very much, you dont have a counter argument so you resort to name calling
    zero intelligience.

I have no interest in giving you a counter argument because you people fling the word ? around so much that it's become a meaningless word and by the way i did not call anyone a name in that post.

SO YOU HAVE ZERO READING ABILITY

I think he was saying he's on your side.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen this argument elsewhere, that whites and western societies are less racist to their respective minority groups than other societies, currently.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao

This is the dumbest ? ever

• zzombie
    Options
    Again, one anecdotal story is not proof of anything. Oprah is doing better than 99% of white people in this country. That doesn't mean she was treated fairly, and it certainly doesn't mean all blacks are treated fairly.

lol There are white nationalist groups active in Scandinavia. You think they are letting a lot of blacks, browns, and tans in their establishments? And plenty of black people come back from Japan and Korea raving about how great their experiences there. These anecdotal stories you're putting out there don't prove anything.

It's not like racism the level of what we see in America is some innate human thing. It was a strategy implemented to enforce classism, and it's been fostered carefully since then. Something like that isn't possible in countries like those Eastern Asian countries or Scandinavia where minorities did not have enough of a presence to make such a tactic worthwhile.

I am not going to argue with you about the bold because who experienced it knows it you have never experienced it so you really can never know it and i will leave it at that.

You can believe what you want on this issue but the data has been presented ignore it and keep your delusions if you wish.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yo, say this out loud.

I can't really ? wit them because they don't like me, but I can ? wit them because they hate me less.

No ? , they don't ? wit you. Therefore, I don't ? wit them. Period. There are no levels to racism, only levels of power where it can be manifested.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A racist white lady in an old folks home is funny, a racist college girl could hit me wit false ? and derail my life, a racist mayor can derail my city, and on up the chain. Either way it go, it's a scary proposition.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I am not going to argue with you about the bold because who experienced it knows it you have never experienced it so you really can never know it and i will leave it at that.

You can believe what you want on this issue but the data has been presented ignore it and keep your delusions if you wish.

lol Sometimes it's just better not to speak. I mean you basically just posted two big copouts.

1) Whether you experience immigration or not, your experience is just your experience not the standard experience of immigrants in general. So your say in this matter is no more valid than mine because neither of us can speak for the group as a whole.

2) Data by itself means nothing. It has to be interpreted. And making arguments like "Hey, white countries let more minorities in than other countries so they must not be racist" are just bad interpretations of data.
  • zzombie
    edited January 2017
    Options

lol Sometimes it's just better not to speak. I mean you basically just posted two big copouts.

1) Whether you experience immigration or not, your experience is just your experience not the standard experience of immigrants in general. So your say in this matter is no more valid than mine because neither of us can speak for the group as a whole.

2) Data by itself means nothing. It has to be interpreted. And making arguments like "Hey, white countries let more minorities in than other countries so they must not be racist" are just bad interpretations of data.

1) It's not just my experience it's the experience of many many many legal immigrant for some experiences only those who feel it knows it

2) that wasn't even the interpretation of the data, white nations aren't simply less racist because they let more non-white people in , they are less racist because the laws in white nations actively protect minorities much more than the laws of non-white majority nations protect their minorities.......... this is fact you can stay delusional if you want.

there is nothing to cop out to

the data is the data and there is limited room for interpretation
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

1) It's not just my experience it's the experience of many many many legal immigrant for some experiences only those who feel it knows it

2) that wasn't even the interpretation of the data, white nations aren't simply less racist because they let more non-white people in , they are less racist because the laws in white nations actively protect minorities much more than the laws of non-white majority nations.......... this is fact you can stay delusional if you want.

1) I used to tutor a group of immigrants in college. All of them felt like they had to work 10 times hard to get ahead than natural born citizens. Were there opinions invalid because they don't match up with yours? There are hundreds of thousands of immigrants in this country. How many do you know? 100, 1000, probably not nearly that much, so again your anecdotal evidence may be sufficient to craft your worldview and that's fine, but it's not hard evidence of anything.

2) Again, countries that have significant minority populations will have to implement those things. If you're population is 20 - 30% a different race, you're going to be much more motivated to do things to appease those people than if your population is 2 - 3% a different race or .2 - .3%. That doesn't mean your country is less racist. It just means those minorities have more power due to greater numbers and more reason to appease those people.
  • zzombie
    edited January 2017
    Options

2) that wasn't even the interpretation of the data, white nations aren't simply less racist because they let more non-white people in , they are less racist because the laws in white nations actively protect minorities much more than the laws of non-white majority nations.......... this is fact you can stay delusional if you want.

1) I used to tutor a group of immigrants in college. All of them felt like they had to work 10 times hard to get ahead than natural born citizens. Were there opinions invalid because they don't match up with yours? There are hundreds of thousands of immigrants in this country. How many do you know? 100, 1000, probably not nearly that much, so again your anecdotal evidence may be sufficient to craft your worldview and that's fine, but it's not hard evidence of anything.

2) Again, countries that have significant minority populations will have to implement those things. If you're population is 20 - 30% a different race, you're going to be much more motivated to do things to appease those people than if your population is 2 - 3% a different race or .2 - .3%. That doesn't mean your country is less racist. It just means those minorities have more power due to greater numbers and more reason to appease those people.

1) THEM feeling that they had to work harder is irrelevant and has nothing to do with if they were treated equally but of course immigrants have to work harder many don't even know the language but that does not mean they are not treated equally by the general populace of the country. The fact that they can go to school in the first place is proof that they are not being treated as less equal.

2) that reasoning may be correct but it is irrelevant because the majorities in these nations don't have to do anything they can simply say ? you we don't care about your concerns. To begin with for the minority population to even grow to that size the majority has to be very open to outsiders in the first place.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His data is flawed because culture is mentioned and the question does not denote racism.

Gor the sake of argument though, Arabic countries (Muslim countries) are very intolerant and have a history of issues with whites, Christians, Africans and Jews.

Melting pots like the U.S., Canada and parts of England have people who are more used to diversity in culture and race.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

1) THEM feeling that they had to work harder is irrelevant and has nothing to do with if they were treated equally but of course immigrants have to work harder many don't even know the language but that does not mean they are not treated equally by the general populace of the country. The fact that they can go to school in the first place is proof that they are not being treated as less equal.

2) that reasoning may be correct but it is irrelevant because the majorities in these nations don't have to do anything they can simply say ? you we don't care about your concerns. To begin with for the minority population to even grow to that size the majority has to be very open to outsiders in the first place.

You're being obtuse, and I'm no sure whether it's on purpose or not.

1) The point I'm making is that they didn't believe they or their loved ones had been treated fairly and so they had already conditioned themselves to work harder because that's what they believe would be necessary to succeed. I'm not talking about people who don't know the language. Obviously, if they didn't know the language or had some other barrier that would prevent them from succeeding, I wouldn't have been able to tutor them.

2) Again, you're not actually acknowledging how minority populations grew so big. Blacks are 13% of the US, not because whites were welcoming us with open arms. We are that percentage because they imported and bred slaves at a high level. Asians were allowed to come in to the country so they could be exploited during the westward expansion. Hispanics are allowed into the country at high numbers so they can be exploited. And the certainly aren't welcomed with open arms. They are demonized even while people profit from their exploitation. On top of that, either you forget or don't know that for a long time in this country the immigration laws were racist. They purposely discriminated against non-whites when deciding who to grant citizenship. So this story that you're selling that this country is multicultural because whites embrace the diversity isn't even close to being rooted in reality. The only reason minorities are really tolerated in this country is because we have traditionally served a purpose.
  • zzombie
    Options

You're being obtuse, and I'm no sure whether it's on purpose or not.

1) The point I'm making is that they didn't believe they or their loved ones had been treated fairly and so they had already conditioned themselves to work harder because that's what they believe would be necessary to succeed. I'm not talking about people who don't know the language. Obviously, if they didn't know the language or had some other barrier that would prevent them from succeeding, I wouldn't have been able to tutor them.

2) Again, you're not actually acknowledging how minority populations grew so big. Blacks are 13% of the US, not because whites were welcoming us with open arms. We are that percentage because they imported and bred slaves at a high level. Asians were allowed to come in to the country so they could be exploited during the westward expansion. Hispanics are allowed into the country at high numbers so they can be exploited. And the certainly aren't welcomed with open arms. They are demonized even while people profit from their exploitation. On top of that, either you forget or don't know that for a long time in this country the immigration laws were racist. They purposely discriminated against non-whites when deciding who to grant citizenship. So this story that you're selling that this country is multicultural because whites embrace the diversity isn't even close to being rooted in reality. The only reason minorities are really tolerated in this country is because we have traditionally served a purpose.

1) it does not matter what they believe what matters is what actually is and in actual reality legal immigrants are treated equally as much as possible. Of course there's no such thing as real equality between people however before the law as long as legal immigrants stay within the laws they all treated the same and are exposed to the same Justice and Injustice born citizens are exposed to.

2) historical reasons why are irrelevant you can break down the why's from now till eternity. it won't change the fact that for whatever reason minorities are treated better within white majority Nations that's all that's in question. the reasons and the history behind it not relevant because that's not what's in question.

The question is are white nations less racist then non-white Nations??? That's it. i don't need to hear the history because I already know it

And answer to the question is yes.
  • zzombie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Minorities in South America and Central America and Asia and India are treated Far worse then minorities are treated in Europe or America.

Africa in many areas is a powder keg of ethnic conflict. The Middle East ????? don't get me f****** started on that ? hole place. In Asia minorities casually mocked on TV and legally banned from establishments . In mixed-race South America /Spanish speaking america certain minorities are also treated like trash or like they don't exist. Which is why a lot of people still don't know black Mexicans exist.

Are white people racist ??? European nation racist??? Yes. but the fact remains they are far less racist than just about everywhere else
  • zzombie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Cry me a f****** River about how America exploits Mexicans why don't you ask the Mexicans about how El salvadorians are exploited in Mexico.

Over 100 years ago the Chinese were allowed into the country to build a railroad so the ? what??? It's 2017 why the f*** don't you go over to China and ask the Chinese how they treat people from Tibet.

African Americans exist because of slavery slavery is over. Black Brazilians exist because of slavery slavery is over. Black Americans however live a much better life and America is far less racist than Brazil.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are snakes and their are wolves. Zombie is a snake.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

1) it does not matter what they believe what matters is what actually is and in actual reality legal immigrants are treated equally as much as possible. Of course there's no such thing as real equality between people however before the law as long as legal immigrants stay within the laws they all treated the same and are exposed to the same Justice and Injustice born citizens are exposed to.

2) historical reasons why are irrelevant you can break down the why's from now till eternity. it won't change the fact that for whatever reason minorities are treated better within white majority Nations that's all that's in question. the reasons and the history behind it not relevant because that's not what's in question.

The question is are white nations less racist then non-white Nations??? That's it. i don't need to hear the history because I already know it

1) Fairness is not something that can be quantifiably proven, so that's why they have to proceed on beliefs. You say you've been treated fairly. You don't know that. That's what you believe. You can't say for sure one way or the other whether or not every instance in your life was the result of fair treatment even if the net result was positive. And saying that immigrants are treated the same under the laws is certainly a difficult thing when not even all natural born citizens are treated the same.

2) Historical reasons do matter when you're trying to use that data to make a conclusion on morality. If we were just saying that a lot of white countries treat immigrants better, then yeah I'd probably agree. However, the conclusion being made is that whites are less racist because of that, and the history does not support that conclusion. Again, America isn't less racist than Japan just because America has policies for dealing with immigrants that Japan never was in a position to have to develop.
  • zzombie
    Options

1) Fairness is not something that can be quantifiably proven, so that's why they have to proceed on beliefs. You say you've been treated fairly. You don't know that. That's what you believe. You can't say for sure one way or the other whether or not every instance in your life was the result of fair treatment even if the net result was positive. And saying that immigrants are treated the same under the laws is certainly a difficult thing when not even all natural born citizens are treated the same.

2) Historical reasons do matter when you're trying to use that data to make a conclusion on morality. If we were just saying that a lot of white countries treat immigrants better, then yeah I'd probably agree. However, the conclusion being made is that whites are less racist because of that, and the history does not support that conclusion. Again, America isn't less racist than Japan just because America has policies for dealing with immigrants that Japan never was in a position to have to develop.

1) I disagree I believe Fairness can be measured.
    And so can equality And you can have an equal measure of Justice and injustice distributed throughout the population. In other words a legal immigrant is just as likely to encounter a situation of Justice or Injustice as a native-born citizen is.

2) the video doesn't make any conclusions on morality. The reasons why white dominant nations are less racist are not in the video. What you have said is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the video or the point made in the video.

However , If You Don't See how allowing waves and waves of non-white people into a white Nation makes that Nation and it's people less racist than other nations who won't allow such things. Then you are being irrational.

You just don't want to admit that European nations are less racist. And you are trying to use history to support that, but European history is the reason why they are less racist in the first place.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    White racism is Proactive, for the most part, everybody elses racism is Reactive and of minimal consquence, especially concerning black ppl

LOL you actually think white people are sitting around trying their best people to ? with black people??? newsflash most non-black people simply don't care about our black assess.... their racism comes from them not giving a ? and does not really come from some deep internal desire to ? with you.

Uh, yeah. It's called Cointelpro, Darthard Perry, and the Berlin Conference. But I forgot. Zzombie is a natural ? . Oh yeah, and it's still ? you and white Jesus.
  • zzombie
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    White racism is Proactive, for the most part, everybody elses racism is Reactive and of minimal consquence, especially concerning black ppl

LOL you actually think white people are sitting around trying their best people to ? with black people??? newsflash most non-black people simply don't care about our black assess.... their racism comes from them not giving a ? and does not really come from some deep internal desire to ? with you.

Uh, yeah. It's called Cointelpro, Darthard Perry, and the Berlin Conference. But I forgot. Zzombie is a natural ? . Oh yeah, and it's still ? you and white Jesus.

I was taking about normal white people not governing institutions or rulers you fake ass black militant