What Do You Think of Male Nurses?

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neutral: I don't care
    I respect any man making good money legally. Smh, a dude having the option of making 35k or 70k as the sole provider of his family picking the 35k and doing a job makes one a man? Yall could keep that.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf as long as you're doing your job right
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny. I did grunt work as a basic EMT; the male RNs made more money, had more schooling but still got teased for having a "? ' job". Meanwhile we got off scot free of ridicule.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    It's funny. I did grunt work as a basic EMT; the male RNs made more money, had more schooling but still got teased for having a "? ' job". Meanwhile we got off scot free of ridicule.

Hey, I wouldnt gaf about ridicule, only kids do ? like that to a man making money
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I THINK THEY GETTING MONEY AND THEY AROUND FINE WOMAN NURSE ALL DAY = WIN IN MY BOOK
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? gotta be kidding.
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    Nay: men and women are not equal; nurses should be women; men should aim for more "masculine" careers; women already have fewer career options; etc.
    Men lack the make you feel well taken care of vibe, they treat you like a number and don't for the most part make your in good hands. And most male nurses are suspect
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay: men and women are equal and thus should be able to pursue any career; the job market is tough, so men should be nurses too; etc.
    jmol wrote: »
    Men lack the make you feel well taken care of vibe, they treat you like a number and don't for the most part make your in good hands. And most male nurses are suspect

That's quite the general statement.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aunt.. sister are both nurses..
    my lil pro jus waitin to pass the state test and he in there too..

they get money so its whatever..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of them do it for experience for their schooling. Some choose to stay at RN. If they're happy doing that, then there's nothing wrong with it.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other: (explain)
    I have ulcerative colitis and have spent a lot of time in hospitals. I have never had a ? male nurse. I've had a lot of garbage female nurses, though.

In my opinion the dudes who go into the field face more obstacles and ridicule, so they will naturally care more and be better at it than a lot of women
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    Yay: men and women are equal and thus should be able to pursue any career; the job market is tough, so men should be nurses too; etc.
    i said yay, but not for that reason, but because nursing is a hard and respectable profession. nurses do most of the heavy lifting in the hospital, literally and figuratively, so they are very important. i have the utmost respect for anyone that wants to be a nurse

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »
    If that's what's available, do it.

Kind of how I feel. Just do what you want to do.

However, I do think that a man probably shouldn't be a nurse if all he cares about is the money and chasing after his female coworkers (I'd like some confirmation on this, but I've heard that male nurses get a lot of "on-the job" ? ?). If you don't care about the actual job, then don't do it, unless you're really desperate? Ideally, you should do what you're passionate about but also consider financial support and competency.

my friend was a nurse and he said he used to smash all them ? . ? taking him on cruises. mother nurses hooking him up with their daughters. im like damn....i picked the wrong profession.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a homie who is a nurse in the ER at Lincoln medical in the BX for about 10 years ....... yo the stories he be telling are insane.......
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Shouldn't be an issue......

https://youtu.be/5mP45fA8V8g
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, get money. ? all the other ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's wrong with a male nurse? It's a career a well paying one at that . People ?
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, if given the option, I wouldn't do it, not because of stigma, but just because I don't like hospitals.

I will add this. My uncle is an RN and he put both of his sons through college. Ivy League as a matter of fact. One through Columbia and the other through University of Pennsylvania.

Get it how you live.

I should add though, I think it'd be better for males to come into nursing with the mindset of not just "working" but moving up to management roles or into entrepreneurial roles i.e. running a nursing home, private consulting etc.

It's 2017 but some certain workplace characteristics are still very prevalent. We still see males as more dominant and we are more inclined to listen to etc.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jmol wrote: »

Naa some of the ? nurses I've dealt with were women.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? up when I see male airline stewardess and most times they be hella ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its for ? men.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom is a nurse...

I don't care that much but I prob wouldn't rush to post that ? if it was my DAD who was the nurse lmao
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options