The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isaiah better start, and Lowry better back him up
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope the boy Eric Gordon get a reserve spot
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or they don't feel he should start *shrugs*

That ? made 1st team over KD last year, I ain't trying to hear ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they gon keep fan vote in, at least put players actually playing like borderline All-stars on the ballot , common sense should tell folks, zaza ain't that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    That's some pure fuckery if Zaza starts

Bet if he starts they take away the fan vote forever. So in a way I kinda hope he does get in
  • Beta
    Options
    Kemba def out his team not even in the playoffs after being the 2-3 seed for like a month and a half
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    That's some pure fuckery if Zaza starts

Bet if he starts they take away the fan vote forever. So in a way I kinda hope he does get in

I don't think they will ever take away the fan vote. This year's solution was to cut the fans vote to 50% and have the players and coaches have 25% a piece for who will start.
    R.D. wrote: »
    Or they don't feel he should start *shrugs*

That ? made 1st team over KD last year, I ain't trying to hear ?

I can understand your point of view and even other players when it comes to the fact that some players do have more skill than others but they have factors that help them win. But you can't sleep on the fact that people compete in most things to win so winning usually trumps all.

Kawhi was the best player on the Spurs last season and they had the 2nd best regular season record while having the oldest roster in the league and having to acclimate their 2nd best player to their style of play. I thought he deserved the praise he got last season not just because I'm a fan of the team but the fact the team and him were better than what I thought they would be. Durant put up amazing individual stats on a team that was basically the team he knew from the year before and on paper had more talent than the Spurs but they didn't win as many games in the regular season. I mean what good is stats if the most important stat.................I.E. winning is laking a bit?

I wouldn't have said ? though if Kawhi didn't make 1st team all NBA last season but he definitely deserved to be on one of those all NBA teams last season. Either way, he should and will (barring injury) make the All Star team but I found what Windhorst said to be kind of interesting and thought i would share.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need a better system. Players are just as biased as fans and probably will all vote for their friends or teammates. We saw what Tony Allen did.

Someone like Kawhi, who is most likely a loner but who also deserves votes might not get them because he isn't as outspoken as a Lebron or a Wade.

They need limit it to players who meet a certain criteria like with minutes and points per game. Every player shouldn't be on the ballot. That way it would only go to players who are deserving. Although Zaza starts and it is on a good team, he shouldn't be an all star because he doesn't avg enough points or minutes.

Problem solved
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need a better system. Players are just as biased as fans and probably will all vote for their friends or teammates. We saw what Tony Allen did.

Someone like Kawhi, who is most likely a loner but who also deserves votes might not get them because he isn't as outspoken as a Lebron or a Wade.

They need limit it to players who meet a certain criteria like with minutes and points per game. Every player shouldn't be on the ballot. That way it would only go to players who are deserving. Although Zaza starts and it is on a good team, he shouldn't be an all star because he doesn't avg enough points or minutes.

Problem solved

Once upon a time all stars were players who scored 25p a game
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wow sully in a raps uniform i am shocked
    sounds like they have our announcers on the main speaker thing that broadcasts throughout the stadium...which literally sounds horrible lol

*edit* iunno what we're doing vs sixers looks like we tryna ? up their tank and indirectly help the heat smh
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This player voting ? is dumb. Either make it a fun event where it doesnt really matter and let fans vote like they always have, or make it a more serious honor and put in place a commision that looks at a bunch of factors and votes starters in that way.

Players are gonna vote for their friends. Fans gonna do dumb ? .
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The young Sixers started off good at home vs. the Raps, now they've tapered off tonight, with tons of TOs.

One thing I don't get: if I'm Brett Brown, why can't I run a 10 (or 11)-man rotation, that utilizes all three seven-footers. It's obviously this team relies way too much on Joel, and with him on a minute restriction all season, that can put too much pressure on him, and with the bench unable to generate their own offense, Jahlil would be the anchor to that.

I'd run that ? like this:

PG: McConnell / Sergio

SG: Henderson / Luwawu-Cabarrot / Stauksis

SF: Da Homie Dario / Covington

PF: Illasova / Noel

C: Embiid / Big Jah
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol this guy said an 11 man rotation
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our defense gotta tighten up
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Our defense gotta tighten up

Relax brotha y'all will be fine *Edit bench Horford immediately
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think the Knicks will continue to shoot like this, horford gotta step up too his missed shots are killing us
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poor start to the game, we going to end up getting ran off the court if we dont wake up and start playing with some energy
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This L would be a gracious contribution to the tank bank.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wizards are looking good versus the Grizzlies so far. I like Wall, Beal and Porter for them and Oubre isn't complete garbage like i thought he would be before they drafted him. lol. Gortat isn't getting any younger and the Morris twin is solid. If they can fid more front court help some how they could be pretty good
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo should only get the ball within the last 10 seconds of the shot clock.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Markieff been ballin lately
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOH with that crying players are going to vote for their friends ?

Give these ? more credit than that, who you think the fans voting for? Their favorites, the media got 25% and half of them know more about the drama side than the actual game
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i swear to ? ? if demar takes another ? floater shot..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we can pull this out.....