Will Remy Ma snatch Nicki's crown in 2017?(Update Remy MA drops "ShEther" )

Options

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nikky never wanted nun wit remy even back then on tha shesus Christ tape when nikky was getin passed around 1017… https://youtube.com/watch?v=BZRdrUT3ufU vs
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=chKeNOE2i60
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    Nicki holds the spot similar to drake....mostly off popularity and not based on quality music

Nicki never been on Remy's level as a rapper

Im convinced most of yall havent listened to Nicki out side her singles, she is as talented as Remy if not more. Remy has one album that flopped which signifies she wasnt rapping that good on there, and a bunch of crew songs she really aint got enough music out to even vie for the spot. Nicki got several successful projects under her belt and Remy has 1 flop its pretty clear who raps better based off the data.

I don't have a dog in this fight but, did you expect people to be listening to full nicki albums?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    Well if Nikki actually had a crown in Hip-Hop it would be too late for Remy to take her "crown" if there were an actual crown. Remy had her time in the sun during the 00's before her trip to prison cut that short. Remi is riding the wave of being free. Nikki on the other hand hasn't dropped an album in what, like 3-4 yrs? Nikki been more involved Hollywood getting small roles in movies here and there. Also like someone already said, nobody under 25 is checking for Remi Ma. Likewise, with no one over the age of 30 is checking for a Nikki Minaj album. Nikki hasn't dropped a album in a few yrs and we all know how this climate is about rappers even having a "buzz" for a artist to even be relevant hip-hop. This thread is really pointless.
    Remy has been featured on a few hits last year though. She dropped freestyles getting at Nicki. What has Nicki really done in '16? She hasn't even spat a memorable verse TBH and I like Nicki (when she's spittin', not when she's making faces and doing voices).
    Remy is getting at Nicki on tracks and freestyles and it looks like she's ready to take that crown.

Iono what you're talking about, but females have been fighting for that crown since the mid 90's. Lil' Kim vs. Foxy went back and forth in the mid to late 90's. That beef even spilled into the streets. Lil Kim got at Nicki for supposedly biting her style a few years ago. Rap is competitive and evidently there's no space for more than 1 hot female rapper. Do you understand that?

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nikky never wanted nun wit remy even back then on tha shesus Christ tape when nikky was getin passed around 1017… https://youtube.com/watch?v=BZRdrUT3ufU vs
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=chKeNOE2i60

Fam your post don't help your argument..

That joint you posted by Nicki is a better song than the one you posted by Remy..
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Nicki holds the spot similar to drake....mostly off popularity and not based on quality music

Im convinced most of yall havent listened to Nicki out side her singles, she is as talented as Remy if not more. Remy has one album that flopped which signifies she wasnt rapping that good on there, and a bunch of crew songs she really aint got enough music out to even vie for the spot. Nicki got several successful projects under her belt and Remy has 1 flop its pretty clear who raps better based off the data.

I don't have a dog in this fight but, did you expect people to be listening to full nicki albums?

I expect for someone to be making strong claims in a thread like this to be knowledgeable and have done some research to back their claims.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, that was a crown?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The fact that Nikkis album sold does not mean she's a better rapper than remy...that's a Drake style arguement which goes back to my original point

Listen to them rap...Remy got a better flow and better lyrics than nicki
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2017
    Options

The fact that Nikkis album sold does not mean she's a better rapper than remy...that's a Drake style arguement which goes back to my original point

If she is so much better than Nicki and such a better rapper why is nobody listening to her? Why are all of her songs features? If she such a dope rapper where are the dope projects that she spazzing on solo? I been tuned in to both since they hit the scene and there is not much of a skill gap but I think Nicki is overall better and is more diverse.
  • bck145
    Options

If she is so much better than Nicki and such a better rapper why is nobody listening to her? Why are all of her songs features? If she such a dope rapper where are the dope projects that she spazzing on solo? I been tuned in to both since they hit the scene and there is not much of a skill gap but I think Nicki is overall better and is more diverse.

The same could be said for nicki.....why are no real Hip hop fans checking for nickis music? Why are all her fans teenage girls? Where are her dope projects?

Even if you hear a Remy feature it makes you want to check for her album which I did....Nickis features don't even do that...which is why I wouldn't
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bck145 mng1rrq1kxmh.jpg
    I don't even listen 2 shawty but you can't knock that tape
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BSOSSyGd7xg
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2017
    Options

Lyrics is arguable (even though there's a video of Remy rating Nicki's bars better than hers). But saying Remy flows better is a 100% lie.
  • bck145
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »

Lyrics is arguable (even though there's a video of Remy rating Nicki's bars better than hers). But saying Remy flows better is a 100% lie.

Insert cam gif here
  • Beta
    Options

I expect for someone to be making strong claims in a thread like this to be knowledgeable and have done some research to back their claims.

But this is the reason so idk why you have lofty expectations lol
  • Muhannad
    Options

You already admitted to not having listened to either of these rappers' recent material, so that renders your opinion on this subject moot. You're spamming this thread, trying to have the last word like a chick. Take your dumb a*s out of this thread.

I can't even lie. I can't think of any track that Remy held down by herself (and mind you, I like Remy). She's nice and battle tested, been in the game for a minute, but if we compare solo careers up to this point Nicki > Remy. Remy been in the game longer, but hasd done less than Nicki. That's why Remy has been getting at Nicki every chance she got and not the other way around. Nicki got something Remy wants. Eventhough Remy doesn't have tracks that she held down by herself, she has been getting at Nicki. I think she has it in her to knock Nicki off, but time will tell...

Nicki is nice too. Not like she'll be a pushover for Remy. Like @KillaCham said, flow wise I think Nicki got her beat by a small margin. Lyrically Remy is stronger. We'll have to wait and see what '17 will bring.
  • Muhannad
    Options

The same could be said for nicki.....why are no real Hip hop fans checking for nickis music? Why are all her fans teenage girls? Where are her dope projects?

Even if you hear a Remy feature it makes you want to check for her album which I did....Nickis features don't even do that...which is why I wouldn't
    This is true. Don't forget that ? fanbase, cuz alot of these ? are into Nicki's music too (FYI I'm not 'homophobic' or discriminating against that lifestyle). Nicki can spit, but she's been spitting alot of wack verses or a few dope lines sprinkled inbetween filler lines. She's been releasing commercial garbage as well and been featured on commercial sh*t. While she's talented, she tends to make up for her lack of substance by making silly faces and doing voices. Real heads peep right through that sh*t.
    i think Remy has it in her to snatch that crown. You saw how she got at her in that Hot97 freestyle about a month ago. I wondfer if Nicki has it in her to respond to that work, cuz she's yet to respond (unless I missed something).
  • The Recipe
    Options

n3hn3o98ntq3.jpg
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »

This is true. Don't forget that ? fanbase, cuz alot of these ? are into Nicki's music too (FYI I'm not 'homophobic' or discriminating against that lifestyle). Nicki can spit, but she's been spitting alot of wack verses or a few dope lines sprinkled inbetween filler lines. She's been releasing commercial garbage as well and been featured on commercial sh*t. While she's talented, she tends to make up for her lack of substance by making silly faces and doing voices. Real heads peep right through that sh*t.
    i think Remy has it in her to snatch that crown. You saw how she got at her in that Hot97 freestyle about a month ago. I wondfer if Nicki has it in her to respond to that work, cuz she's yet to respond (unless I missed something).

Nicki could have been an underground lyrical femcee or a commercial cross over artist, she chose the one with the $$$$ in it.
  • Muhannad
    Options

Nicki could have been an underground lyrical femcee or a commercial cross over artist, she chose the one with the $$$$ in it.
    True... And I can't knock her for that. While crossing over is cool, some rappers have gone too far and alienated their core fanbase. Pop fans are fickle, can't build your foundation on that if you wanna sustain in this game... Ask Ja Rule, ask Nelly, ask T-Pain etc. When someone steps in and knocks her off that #1 female rapper spot, that fanbase might be receptive to that rapper. Time will tell...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ever since she ran out of Safaree ghostwritten bars she hasn't had a hit. She literally released her first 2 albums in 5 different packages.
  • Beta
    Options
    Muhannad a ? y'all

Facts
  • bck145
    Options

Yep, she has the "crown" because of popularity and not because of quality music....similar to drake
  • The Recipe
    Options

Yep, she has the "crown" because of popularity and not because of quality music....similar to drake

Drake has the crown for several reason and one of them is the quality of his music bruh.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Drake has the crown for several reason and one of them is the quality of his music bruh.

Inb4 someone brings up the ghostwriter