Supergirl

Options

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is a good show but they still need to tighten some things up. Some ? is just ? that they forget to cover. Like how they always whispering behind supergirls back knowing damn well she has super hearing. Which is stupid as hell because she's done that several times already all throughout the show. Or the time leena's mom let her out the thanagarian cage and told supergirl to put on the helmet. As soon as they let her out all she had to do was knock them all out with her super speed.

Welp, just like I predicted, the ? story line about to start effecting the shows quality(until maggie leaves or gets killed). Sacrificed precious minutes again to please the ? gods. Could have used half of that time to focus on the story and add more to the crossover smh.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fast forward through all the ? parts
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    How is it that Kara and Lena Luthor have more natural lesbian chemistry than Alex and Maggie?

She had googley eyes for her since they met despite them seeming to set up Lena and Winn. This Kara/Mon-El/Jimmy storyline is going to get dragged out the moment he forgot smh.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_ohdu13SGlN1uqw734o1_500.gif
    tumblr_ohdu13SGlN1uqw734o2_500.gif

Lol @ the ether crossing over to other shows. Cot damn Barry catching L's outchea!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is it that Kara and Lena Luthor have more natural lesbian chemistry than Alex and Maggie?

The s*** is forced, random, and has nothing to do wit the what's going on. Unless that heft Maggie reveals herself to be Darkseid's daughter, then this love interest plot has no purpose.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't they have somebody come out as a chubby chaser that likes BBWs/SSBBWs?

That would be more entertaining than this ? ? .

Like Recap said, it doesn't even seem natural.

They're just throwing ? ? in there just to be throwing it in there.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd grab it; with a kryptonite condom on deck.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Social Justice Girl returns tonight.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep watching this show, but it does nothing for me...Matter of fact, I really only halfway watch it. If it didn't tie into the other three shows I probably wouldn't watch it at all....
  • Broddie
    Options
    I liked last night's episode when she stood her ground for the oppressed and inspired them through her actions.

Just like Superman and his fam are supposed to but then they lost me when she barbarically eye lasered a ship without removing it's inhabitants. Kara's comic book counterpart would never.

On the plus side looks like Melissa Benoist put on some weight. She was looking right.
  • gemini86
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I keep watching this show, but it does nothing for me...Matter of fact, I really only halfway watch it. If it didn't tie into the other three shows I probably wouldn't watch it at all....

um those were the same Aliens from the 4 night crossover event. don't know if anyone noticed. He was the same alien that told the other alien to stand down when he seen Mon El
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I liked last night's episode when she stood her ground for the oppressed and inspired them through her actions.

Just like Superman and his fam are supposed to but then they lost me when she barbarically eye lasered a ship without removing it's inhabitants. Kara's comic book counterpart would never.

On the plus side looks like Melissa Benoist put on some weight. She was looking right.

Evil Kara was the best she ever looked. Was looking real smashable when she strolled into the club
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mon El dropped a Legion reference..and yeah that was a Dominator
  • deadeye
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    King of GA wrote: »

um those were the same Aliens from the 4 night crossover event. don't know if anyone noticed. He was the same alien that told the other alien to stand down when he seen Mon El

I think Mon-El is gonna turn out to be that Prince from Daxam he keeps telling Kara about.

That would explain why that alien let him go..........and probably why he got to earth in that pod.
  • gemini86
    Options
    this show is light years better than season 1
  • deadeye
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This forced relationship drama is killing the show.

The first 5-10 minutes wasted on Mon-EL/Kara and her sister's lesbian relationship were draining.

Starting to think the show must have low ratings because these seem like attention-seeking gimmicks more than anything.

Sort of like......."hey, let's throw some ? stuff in here so we can get the LGBT's to watch it."

Or.............."let's push this Kara/Mon-EL thing to draw in the teenage/twilight love story type CW fans."

If they're having to resort to such desperate tactics, the show is probably on it's last legs and won't last longer than another season.

Either that or it might not even get renewed at all.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    this show is light years better than season 1

I never watched season 1 yet I agree.
  • Broddie
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

The first 5-10 minutes wasted on Mon-EL/Kara and her sister's lesbian relationship were draining.

Starting to think the show must have low ratings because these seem like attention-seeking gimmicks more than anything.

Sort of like......."hey, let's throw some ? stuff in here so we can get the LGBT's to watch it."

Or.............."let's push this Kara/Mon-EL thing to draw in the teenage/twilight love story type CW fans."

If they're having to resort to such desperate tactics, the show is probably on it's last legs and won't last longer than another season.

Or maybe just maybe it's a show on The CW and romance subplots come with the territory. Like even Frequency which didn't even require it had multiple love subplots.
  • deadeye
    Options

Or maybe just maybe it's a show on The CW and romance subplots come with the territory. Like even Frequency which didn't even require it had multiple love subplots.

True, all of the CW D.C. shows have them to some extent.......but it seems forced and unnatural on Supergirl.

Still funny how they're acting like Kara and James were never romantically interested in each other.

That relationship seemed more genuine than what they're trying to push now.
  • Broddie
    Options

True, all of the CW D.C. shows have them to some extent.......but it seems forced and unnatural on Supergirl.

Still funny how they're acting like Kara and James were never romantically interested in each other.

That relationship seemed more genuine than what they're trying to push now.

It is weird. Especially since traditionally James and Kara do have a romantic history together in all mediums. ? he was the only one from the Superman movies to actually appear in the Supergirl movie back in the day.

Also weird since CW prides themselves on being oh so progressive with the ? relationships and making Reggie from Archie asian or Josie from the pussycats black but oh no an interracial romance is too taboo apparently.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Even though they stay tackling interracial romances over on Supergirl's sister show Legends of Tomorrow. Just weird.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Even though they stay tackling interracial romances over on Supergirl's sister show Legends of Tomorrow. Just weird.

They do, but it's only black woman/white man interracial relationships.

Although it shouldn't matter, that's a huge difference.

I'm thinking they don't want to alienate any of their possible crossover(non-superhero) fans.

Matter of fact, they don't even want any black-on-black relationships.

They've had 2 black female legends on the show and haven't given Jefferson a shot at either one of them.

Even when him and Vixen went back in time during slavery days, you'd think they would've formed a bond that would've developed into something more.......but the CW wasn't haven't that.
  • Broddie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    John and Lyla Diggle = black man and white woman

It's just weird especially since they have better chemistry than Kara and Mon-El.

Speaking of Mon-El so when they announced that both Superman and Mon-El were going to be on the show this season I was hyped. I was hoping Mon-El would still be "Superman's big brother" and all that. Instead they didn't even know each other. It sucked cause it was a big opportunity to have another seasoned DC icon on the show besides J'Onn.

Mon-El has the El name because of his relationship with Superman now it doesn't even make sense. He actually knew the Kents. He also was a leader of the Legion of Superheros, he's been a part of DC canon since JFK was prez and has a wealth of material they could've drawn from. Could've taught Kara a lot as a more experienced supporting player and balance the cast more. Instead he's some frat boy after her pum pum. Like ok but you might as well not have even called him Mon-El.

I hope that if they ever get to Power Girl or Brainiac 5 they show them more respect.

• deadeye
    Options
    John and Lyla Diggle = black man and white woman

It's just weird especially since they have better chemistry than Kara and Mon-El.

Speaking of Mon-El so when they announced that both Superman and Mon-El were going to be on the show this season I was hyped. I was hoping Mon-El would still be "Superman's big brother" and all that. Instead they didn't even know each other. It sucked cause it was a big opportunity to have another seasoned DC icon on the show besides J'Onn.

Mon-El has the El name because of his relationship with Superman now it doesn't even make sense. He actually knew the Kents. He also was a leader of the Legion of Superheros, he's been a part of DC canon since JFK was prez and has a wealth of material they could've drawn from. Could've taught Kara a lot as a more experienced supporting player and balance the cast more. Instead he's some frat boy after her pum pum. Like ok but you might as well not have even called him Mon-El.

I hope that if they ever get to Power Girl or Brainiac 5 they show them more respect.

Diggle and Lyla are the only one though......and, even then, they're hardly ever shown together.

Didn't know the backstory on Mon-EL.

Maybe they were afraid his real story might take some shine away from Kara, but it would've definitely made the show better.

With him and Kara practically being from the same planet (they share the same sun), I never understood why he didn't have the same powers she did.