So what team should Carmelo Anthony be traded to...?

Options

Comments

• Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he aint going to Cleveland he might as well stay put.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from Cleveland & I don't even want him here, that'll be too easy & will tarnish Brons legacy more
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo going retire without getting a ring
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Clippers Receive: Carmelo Anthony

Knicks Receive: Blake Griffin, Wesley Johnson

Bulls Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart

Celtics Receive: Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, Knicks 2017 2nd Round Pick

Knicks Receive: Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson, and Brooklyn’s 2017 1st Round Pick (via Boston)

Cavaliers Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Brandon Jennings

Knicks Receive: Kevin Love, Richard Jefferson
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Thats wat i heard might happen
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Nah. The Cavs need defense at the 2.

Kyrie, Melo, and Love in a line up? Especially Melo at the 2 when at this point hes too slow to gaurd 3s even?

I agree that Melo would fit in with the Cavs, but only if they replace Love with Melo and play him the 4. Not sure how big of a upgrade that would be though.

How would that be an upgrade?

je7x5jryvqbc.png

brp68wrik9nc.png

The way I see it, the Cavs are better off with Love. He shoots threes better, grabs more boards, and has a better FG% this year overall. Plus, Love actually plays D once in a while.

thats an extremely shallow way of looking at it
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He took the money so he got what he wanted
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought about Melo to Golden State for any of their bench players. But then I realized Melo wouldn't approve of the trade because he would never come off the bench...Unless he is close to retirement and still has no rings.....
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    I saw a paper bag on the corner...never mind.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Send him to Dallas. That's where all washed up All Star's go to die off.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Nah. The Cavs need defense at the 2.

Kyrie, Melo, and Love in a line up? Especially Melo at the 2 when at this point hes too slow to gaurd 3s even?

I agree that Melo would fit in with the Cavs, but only if they replace Love with Melo and play him the 4. Not sure how big of a upgrade that would be though.

How would that be an upgrade?

je7x5jryvqbc.png

brp68wrik9nc.png

The way I see it, the Cavs are better off with Love. He shoots threes better, grabs more boards, and has a better FG% this year overall. Plus, Love actually plays D once in a while.

They acually tried it....
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say Reddick for Melo seems fair... slide Austin Rivers to the 2... clippers can't resign Blake CP3 & JJ
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think If Carmelo opened up his options a little bit more, The Washington Wizards would actually be the best look for him... ain't he from the DMV area?!
    The Wizards are the second best team in the East silently, add Melo to Wall & Beal u got a real competition for Cleveland in the east
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think If Carmelo opened up his options a little bit more, The Washington Wizards would actually be the best look for him... ain't he from the DMV area?!
    The Wizards are the second best team in the East silently, add Melo to Wall & Beal u got a real competition for Cleveland in the east

melo is from my hood red hook brooklyn i think his family moved to maryland when he was a teen
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In the beginning of the season, Melo didn't have the patience to wait on a developing point guard and was glad that phil acquired Rose, Lee, Noah and Jennings. He even said he never played with a point guard like rose who's not really a playmaker. He commended phil and said that it's time to win now even tho signing Noah to that flawed contract was a mistake. The whole experiment turned out to be bad. Last summer Phil was working with the options he had. The Knicks had no picks and it was impossible to get a playmaker like Conley. If Knicks could've acquired him they would've kept RoLo and Jerian and still acquire jennings who is still serviceable as a backup.

I'm a big Melo fan but it's best that he waive his no trade clause and find a team that's willing to take him. Phil is going to gut the team again but this time he's not going to cater to Melo needs. So it doesn't make sense for him to stay.

If phil could move Rose before the deadline that would be so sweet. Rose is delusional if he thinks he's getting resigned by the Knicks this summer.

With all the drama that's going on with the Knicks organization, Melo and Phil can play hardball all they want. Phil isn't gonna cave in and Melo's door is closing and has a good 3 maybe 4 years. I think he should waive his ntc and go to the Clippers but not for nothing. It has to involve a 3, 4, or 5 team deal that includes Knicks getting some picks and sending guys on the roster that can contribute to others teams come playoff time. There's a 50 percent chance that some blockbuster trade might happen before the deadline but i won't be surprised if Phil does nothing either.

The league is in bad shape anyway. Every year they say the upcoming draft will be the best but turns out to be not so which is why over 50 percent of teams are below .500. I can't remember seeing some ? like this before. Won't be surprised if this tank race set the league back.

Anyway, Melo my dude but i'm on phil's side because I think he has the vision to rebuild for the betterment of the Knicks future. He made a few mistakes as a rookie president but he made some good decisions too. He knows how to evaluate talent and i trust him to make the right decision this upcoming draft when he will most likely target a point guard. Melo didn't make the all star roster so he has time to rest and think about his family, future or whatever stupid ass brand he wants to call it. If he doesn't waive before the deadline he better be content with a rebuild because that's what phil is most likely gonna do. With or without him.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about OKC?
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    In the beginning of the season, Melo didn't have the patience to wait on a developing point guard and was glad that phil acquired Rose, Lee, Noah and Jennings. He even said he never played with a point guard like rose who's not really a playmaker. He commended phil and said that it's time to win now even tho signing Noah to that flawed contract was a mistake. The whole experiment turned out to be bad. Last summer Phil was working with the options he had. The Knicks had no picks and it was impossible to get a playmaker like Conley. If Knicks could've acquired him they would've kept RoLo and Jerian and still acquire jennings who is still serviceable as a backup.

I'm a big Melo fan but it's best that he waive his no trade clause and find a team that's willing to take him. Phil is going to gut the team again but this time he's not going to cater to Melo needs. So it doesn't make sense for him to stay.

If phil could move Rose before the deadline that would be so sweet. Rose is delusional if he thinks he's getting resigned by the Knicks this summer.

With all the drama that's going on with the Knicks organization, Melo and Phil can play hardball all they want. Phil isn't gonna cave in and Melo's door is closing and has a good 3 maybe 4 years. I think he should waive his ntc and go to the Clippers but not for nothing. It has to involve a 3, 4, or 5 team deal that includes Knicks getting some picks and sending guys on the roster that can contribute to others teams come playoff time. There's a 50 percent chance that some blockbuster trade might happen before the deadline but i won't be surprised if Phil does nothing either.

The league is in bad shape anyway. Every year they say the upcoming draft will be the best but turns out to be not so which is why over 50 percent of teams are below .500. I can't remember seeing some ? like this before. Won't be surprised if this tank race set the league back.

Anyway, Melo my dude but i'm on phil's side because I think he has the vision to rebuild for the betterment of the Knicks future. He made a few mistakes as a rookie president but he made some good decisions too. He knows how to evaluate talent and i trust him to make the right decision this upcoming draft when he will most likely target a point guard. Melo didn't make the all star roster so he has time to rest and think about his family, future or whatever stupid ass brand he wants to call it. If he doesn't waive before the deadline he better be content with a rebuild because that's what phil is most likely gonna do. With or without him.

The Knicks need to blow up their front office. They have the worst front Office in the league, they make terrible decisions in scouting for players of good character.
  • BedStuy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »

The Knicks need to blow up their front office. They have the worst front Office in the league, they make terrible decisions in scouting for players of good character.

What else is new? Dolan is still hanging on Isiah Thomas nuts after Anucha Browne Sanders sued them. That's why this whole thing about him being racist seems kinda odd to me when there was no evidence of him being so. It was well known to most Knick fans that Dolan had beef with Oakley because of him saying things publicly about mismanagement. Sorta what Barkley said about Michael Jordan running his team. I don't give a ? about Dolan anyway. He's an ? . Hopefully the NBPA can kick him out just like they did Donald Sterling

PJax actually has a a good scouting team. Clarence Gaines Jr been scouting for him for years that got us Kristaps whose potential is still high. Kevin Wilson is also on the scouting team and got us ? Hernangomez whose putting up Marc Gasol like rookie numbers..... per wise. Knicks need a playmaking natural point guard in this upcoming draft to compliment ? and KP. That's why I've been keeping an eye on Lonzo Ball, De'Aaron Fox, and Frank Ntilikina. I hope Knicks get lucky in this upcoming draft

Phil Jackson biggest mistakes was signing Melo to that no trade clause contract and signing Joakim Noah for 17mil a season. Thankfully, Noah's contract doesn't have a ntc and wont look too bad when the cap rises. I wont be surprised if he's gone within 2 years starting this summer. I won't be mad if he stays either because he can be a good bench veteran for ? and KP. I hope Melo's friends will be in be in his ear during the all star break and say ? that the Knicks is a toxic franchise for free agents. He played hardball with Phil and got many to turn on him. All of that is good imo because hopefully that convinces him to leave. Many will agree that the Knicks is a toxic franchise for free agents and the only way to fix that is to start from scratch. Melo need to stop frontin like the Knicks will make the playoffs. Who knows... maybe the Knicks might go on winning streak like Miami Heat but that would be pointless. Right now I'm more concerned with what phil gonna do with Brandon Jennings, Kyle O'Quinn and Courtney Lee. I'm assuming that he's letting Derrick walk this summer but if he can get rid of him before the deadline for some picks, that will be sweet like i said before. Derrick has looked good this season physically. He dunked more than 5 times this season and averaging 17ppg. That's not bad. He can be very serviceable to a contender but I'm not sure if they have the funds to acquire him.

Check this out tho

Knicks have to rebuild. It would be the smartest thing to do. A lot of Knick fans aren't thinking about this but the Brooklyn Nets isn't too far away. They have a pick swap this year with the Celtics and won't have another 1st round pick until 2019 which is around corner. What i'm trying to say is, if the Knicks let the Nets catch up on rebuilding, then they really ? up.
  • BedStuy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    An article from last summer

Phil Jackson has given Knicks players, now it's on Carmelo Anthony to win games
    So Phil Jackson reached the correct conclusion after a recent meeting with an increasingly impatient Carmelo Anthony: As long as Anthony is here and All-Star capable, the 31-year-old’s career timeline should be placated. If not, what’s the point of paying him $124 million with a no-trade clause?

“One of my questions to Carmelo was, you know, we haven’t made the playoffs and now this is three years, two years, since I’ve been here — are we moving quickly enough for you and your anticipation of trying to be into a competitive playoff situation?” Jackson said. “I think that was our conversation and established the fact of his desire, the idea that he is getting into an age where things have to happen for him. So we decided to activate ourselves.

This is Anthony’s responsibility now. His burden to win games. No more excuses or demands through the media. That was the implication Friday from Jackson, who reversed the roles after a year of Anthony publicly pleading that the team president be better at his job.

Jackson revealed Anthony asked for a point guard in their meeting, and how he, Jackson, quickly turned that request into Derrick Rose. Once the deal was completed, the Knicks were “activated,” to steal Jackson’s buzzword, into their win-now plan that aligns more with Anthony’s desires. Aside from the presence of Kristaps Porzingis — which should never be underestimated — it’s like the first two years under Jackson don’t exist. A waste of time and triangle seminars.”
  • BedStuy
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Melo has been playing like a ? lately or nah?