Lauryn Hill ? Off Her Fans Again

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
So Lauryn Hill showed up 3 hours late to another show. How long are people going let her ride the Miseducation album to keep paying to see her do this ? ?
Ms. Lauryn Hill has struck again. This time she pulled off her late-arrival magic trick in Pittsburgh, Pa. where she arrived three hours late for a show.

Hill was booked to perform at Heinz Hall Tuesday night for a stop on her MLH Caravan: A Diaspora Calling! concert series. According to attendees, the show was scheduled to run from 8-11 p.m. Hill showed up at 11:15.

The venue was sold out and even Lauryn’s band was left hanging on stage. Of course, ticket buyers voiced their frustration. But in 2017, no one has sympathy for anybody gambling with their time and money to buy tickets to a Lauryn Hill show.

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would someone wait three hours? Her diehards are crazy.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    she pulled the same stunt over the summer in ATL.....she blamed it on her Uber driver for being 2 hours late with a 30 minute concert before dipping out.....these people deserve what they get
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this bish hung around too many damn marleys
    U tell a yardie to be at somewhere @ 3 thats the same time ? start to think bout getting ready and how to get there
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Im a fan. A few years back, I went to her concert with my girl. Man the ? was packed with ? . There was a group of 3 right behind me and they was into the show like crazy. Short skinny dude kept jumping around hitting me with his purse. My girl could tell I was getting heated and kept telling me just let it go. Smh. Eventually I had to turn around and yell at him. Told him if his purse touches me again, i would knock his ass out.

Similar ? happened at a erykah badu concert. Thats when I said ? it and decided to only attend strictly hip hop concerts.

lol@ that ? "hitting on u" :joy:
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Im a fan. A few years back, I went to her concert with my girl. Man the ? was packed with ? . There was a group of 3 right behind me and they was into the show like crazy. Short skinny dude kept jumping around hitting me with his purse. My girl could tell I was getting heated and kept telling me just let it go. Smh. Eventually I had to turn around and yell at him. Told him if his purse touches me again, i would knock his ass out.

Similar ? happened at a erykah badu concert. Thats when I said ? it and decided to only attend strictly hip hop concerts.

lol@ that ? "hitting on u" :joy:

Aye ? you man. Haha.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I went to an L Boogie show here in Detroit and she was actually on time. I guess we got lucky. Place was packed but the Afro-Caribbean changes she did to her songs were unwelcome. ? was going too fast, ? couldn't sing along because we weren't even sure what ? song it was. It was such a mixed bag.

man ? the whole being late thing. this is reason number 1 why i wouldnt go to a lauryn hill concert. i peeped the funny ? she was doing at her shows years ago.

no thank you.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    I went to an L Boogie show here in Detroit and she was actually on time. I guess we got lucky. Place was packed but the Afro-Caribbean changes she did to her songs were unwelcome. ? was going too fast, ? couldn't sing along because we weren't even sure what ? song it was. It was such a mixed bag.

man ? the whole being late thing. this is reason number 1 why i wouldnt go to a lauryn hill concert. i peeped the funny ? she was doing at her shows years ago.

no thank you.

You don't like that sound or is she just not good at pulling it off?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talieb - being late is part of the art
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same at the one I went to and the band was louder than her vocals...worse show I've ever been to.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Damn this bish hung around too many damn marleys
    U tell a yardie to be at somewhere @ 3 thats the same time ? start to think bout getting ready and how to get there

Y'all are slack.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    lol broad showed up when the crowd was suppose to be walking out the show
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember some ? ? waslike.. yall believe what the mediaaaaaaaaa says about Lauryn Hill as if it was some vast conspiracy to take her down a peg.. imma name you and shame you when i find that post ya chump
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i saw her for free at the kennedy ctr(she was on time), and i thought the renditions of songs from "the miseducation..."(shes not allowed to play the original arrangements) sounded great. leave my bb alone.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    This ? still performing off one album 20 years later. smh

She the Al Bundy of rappers. Living off of ? she did 20 years ago. smh

"Oh ? " -Big Sean
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    i saw her for free at the kennedy ctr(she was on time), and i thought the renditions of songs from "the miseducation..."(shes not allowed to play the original arrangements) sounded great. leave my bb alone.

@ bolded: how come?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what the music industry does to ppl

Lauryn clearly loved music in 1996
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »

@SOWETO

Why can't she play the original arrangements?