Prodigy Says He Was About Shoot Jay Z When He Saw Him In The Club, Says He Is a ?

Options
13»

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    the thing is that Prodigy is actually a good guy who was caught up in the streets , he's a "on defense" type of street ? ,he will shoot you only to protect his life or if you threaten him or his family ,I know because i'm that type of street ? ,type to let a ? live even if my homies wanna ? you but if it aint really worthed i'm the type who will save your life if i'm around

This is a joke right?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didn't he shoot anyone of them robbers that kept robbing him in Queens. He probably wouldn't be known as hiphops ATM if he did.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P is a top ten rapper and dude STILL has not fallen off. He is also top ten on the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" list.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I remember this story about P supposedly giving Jigga a pass when I listened to his audiobook when it came out 6 years ago. We might laugh at him now and with the internet alot of info is more available, but P was one of the best rappers from '95-'98. Even Jay has said this. He fell off hard after '98. I think that had to do with him kicking his habit as he detailed in his book.

From what I gathered from his book is that he was actually a suburban brother from a two parent home (Hempstead,n LI) that could rap and wanted to be down. He wasn't no thorough street figga. Every impoverished black hood is a predatory environment. When a guy like P comes through, he's food to these derelict, deprived brothers. That's why it's no coincidence he was always the one getting touched, tested, finessed, robbed and punked and not Havoc.
    In that book he had all these instances where he "would" do XYZ to whoever but never did anything. He stayed getting in pointless altercations and getting other people involved because people didn't accept him acting like he was tough because they sensed he wasn't.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I remember this story about P supposedly giving Jigga a pass when I listened to his audiobook when it came out 6 years ago. We might laugh at him now and with the internet alot of info is more available, but P was one of the best rappers from '95-'98. Even Jay has said this. He fell off hard after '98. I think that had to do with him kicking his habit as he detailed in his book.

From what I gathered from his book is that he was actually a suburban brother from a two parent home (Hempstead,n LI) that could rap and wanted to be down. He wasn't no thorough street figga. Every impoverished black hood is a predatory environment. When a guy like P comes through, he's food to these derelict, deprived brothers. That's why it's no coincidence he was always the one getting touched, tested, finessed, robbed and punked and not Havoc.
    In that book he had all these instances where he "would" do XYZ to whoever but never did anything. He stayed getting in pointless altercations and getting other people involved because people didn't accept him acting like he was tough because they sensed he wasn't.

I don't know what part of Hempstead P grew up in or how he was brought up but Hempstead ain't exactly all sweet either.
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Care about other People personal life too much ? People
  • chompollet
    Options
  • chompollet
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hempstead is an impoverished black hood though. Hempstead is not typical of long island.
    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/17/drug-war-long-islands-hempstead-getto-free-market-tec-9s-276000.html

I'm not saying he is a real street figga or anything, but hempstead ain't no joke. all the gentirifcation of brooklyn has brought section 8 and the project ? out to hempstead. don't think just because its on the island, that is like the hamptons or something.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hempstead is an impoverished black hood though. Hempstead is not typical of long island.
    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/17/drug-war-long-islands-hempstead-getto-free-market-tec-9s-276000.html

I'm not saying he is a real street figga or anything, but hempstead ain't no joke. all the gentirifcation of brooklyn has brought section 8 and the project ? out to hempstead. don't think just because its on the island, that is like the hamptons or something.
    Thnx fot the info. My point sill stands that P tried to fit in to something he wasn't. That's why all that stuff kept happening to him. He wasn't even the only rapper, because while Pac grew up in poverty he also tried to fit in to something he wasn't apart of. You can see what's happening to artists like Chris Brown, Sean Kingston, Bow Wow, Soulja Boy etc.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How was Hempstead when he was growing up there? Not how it is 3 years ago or now.

I really don't care just bored and a few people from NY I know told me he wasn't from QB but actually from LI.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

How was Hempstead when he was growing up there? Not how it is 3 years ago or now.

I really don't care just bored and a few people from NY I know told me he wasn't from QB but actually from LI.

I lived in Hempstead a bit growing up. I am younger than P, but not by much. You had murders, gangs, and whatnot back then too. Brooklyn and Hempstead always been aligned. I think even Memphis Bleek said in some early song, flip that brick in Hempstead.
    Method man and Busta Rhymes also lived out here for some time growing up. Again, im not saying it is bedstuy or anything, but hempstead is a ? hole. the worst school district in ny state and crime ridden.

my only point is that prodigy wasn't living a life like fresh prince of bel air or some ? just cause he was on the island.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I lived in Hempstead a bit growing up. I am younger than P, but not by much. You had murders, gangs, and whatnot back then too. Brooklyn and Hempstead always been aligned. I think even Memphis Bleek said in some early song, flip that brick in Hempstead.
    Method man and Busta Rhymes also lived out here for some time growing up. Again, im not saying it is bedstuy or anything, but hempstead is a ? hole. the worst school district in ny state and crime ridden.

my only point is that prodigy wasn't living a life like fresh prince of bel air or some ? just cause he was on the island.

Just asked because the article you posted was from 2014 which would more speak of how things are now not back then.

Cool thanks for the info though.

I also don't judge a person by where they are from. I go off of how they present and carry themselves.

Fact is some of the worst neighborhoods have produced some of the most ? made people and some well off neighborhoods have produced some straight up savages.

So going off where are person lives to determine if they about a certain life is ? dumb IMO.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Prodigy 95-00 >> Jay-Z 95-00

I dont know why people laughin at this ,lyrically Prodigy was a beast Jay z was just selling more ,HNIC is a better album than vol.1 2 and 3 and Prodigy straight murdered everything he touched from 95 to 98 its close just for the last 2 years but only because Jay had hits but bar for bar 98-00 is debatable but from 95 to 98 its blasphemy to compare the two ,P had this EASILY

smh Prodigy was top 10 all time from 95 to 98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ioeOQOpGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMpQYrxhXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkV6SCOIrnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6w_QQb7ak&index=2&list=PL04mzMS3IeVgMcjHlPBaf_NXalQJbv_Cy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZDHOaHZLI

My coalition specializes in collision
    The clash of the cliques, the duel o' the iron MAC, spit
    And leave ya half-split
    You'll be missin much more than a fraction
    When it's time for action
    Hit em while a man down, make that ? backspin
    Trapped up, by New Yiddy madman
    We're blasting, you're collapsing heavily like my gold MAC-10
    Get imprisoned with them raps they have you relapsing
    You get casting the Mobb, deaf and assin
    We face splashing, dope fake's ice-pick stabbing
    He slow leakin, he 'ternally bleedin for speakin
    Outta place, ? get placed back indecent
    Live at the main event may I present
    Screamin out loud for any squad that's deaf
    My Infamous Mobb, ya heart throb, hold ya breath
    It's KO from dead arm rights and hard lefts
    Another satisfied consumer who got blessed
    Single out ya army til there's no man left

I love Jay but come on P was untouchable for a while, only Nas and Kool G rap were considered better street lyricists at that time

How convenient of you to totally not mention RD ..........

why do I need to mention RD to prove that Prodigy is a beast ? We all know RD is a classic but thats ONE album. the subject was from 95 to 2000 ask anybody back in 96 who was better Prodigy or Jay z and you would get laughed at so RD dont change nothing, in 96 Prodigy released Hell On Earth and just came off the success of Infamous does talking about RD prove a point on Jay's behalf over Prodigy ?? hell no!

I take Infamous ,Hell on earth ,Murda Muzik and HNIC over RD ,Vol1,vol,2 and vol 3 All Day ! so there you go I named it ,now ,wich catalogue is better based on those 4 albums released from 95 to 2000 ? some might say its debatable so that means laughin at Prodigy being better than Jay z from 95 to 2000 is simply hating or not knowing ? about rap because its a valid statement
  • Ether44mag
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    the thing is that Prodigy is actually a good guy who was caught up in the streets , he's a "on defense" type of street ? ,he will shoot you only to protect his life or if you threaten him or his family ,I know because i'm that type of street ? ,type to let a ? live even if my homies wanna ? you but if it aint really worthed i'm the type who will save your life if i'm around

This is a joke right?

might sound funny but if you in the streets you know that some guys are just less ruthless than others ,saying in an interview that you will ? up a rapper is one thing but is he really ? because they did not ? jay z ? come on now ,they clearly could of and they are known to have ? up alot of rappers ,we all know Prodigy is not the killer in his crew but the way I see it Prodigy let Jay live , that was not a ? move
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat on the
    "I was about to/I woulda"
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I dont know why people laughin at this ,lyrically Prodigy was a beast Jay z was just selling more ,HNIC is a better album than vol.1 2 and 3 and Prodigy straight murdered everything he touched from 95 to 98 its close just for the last 2 years but only because Jay had hits but bar for bar 98-00 is debatable but from 95 to 98 its blasphemy to compare the two ,P had this EASILY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6w_QQb7ak&index=2&list=PL04mzMS3IeVgMcjHlPBaf_NXalQJbv_Cy

And leave ya half-split

I love Jay but come on P was untouchable for a while, only Nas and Kool G rap were considered better street lyricists at that time

P was out rapping J easily from 95-98? You lunchin hard as hell with that. I ? with P, especially the HNIC album but he ain't spit ? on par with what Jay spit on Reasonable Doubt
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Lol at him going sober being the reason he fell off. That should be a reason to get better...and of he's from LI why did ? let him brag about Queens so much all the time?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pint-Sized P Couldn't Reach His Gun In Time

d3c04a30-735f-11e5-8eac-bf46911030eb_GettyImages-120379639.jpg

• raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In every story this ? tells, he says, he was about to shoot, stab, beat somebody to death, any statement to make it appear as if him and his crew was that high & mighty"
    There's always strength in numbers, but this ? is a truth stretcher.

He told another story about when he seen Keith Murray outside a club, he said Keith wanted to fight, prodigy saying yeah let's go down the street to fight, but all along he say's he was gonna shoot Keith"
    Not only did he not shoot Keith, but, there's no proof that he shot anyone period.

• Ether44mag
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

And leave ya half-split

P was out rapping J easily from 95-98? You lunchin hard as hell with that. I ? with P, especially the HNIC album but he ain't spit ? on par with what Jay spit on Reasonable Doubt

even Jay z himself never rapped again in his career like he rapped on RD...one album is not enough to put him past Prodigy during those years ,I agree RD is more lyrical than Most of Prodigy's work but thats only one album
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "We don't believe you, you need more people"
  • chompollet
    Options
    Prodigy is the GOAT and he aint even my fav rapper