Boi1da Says Tory Lanez is just Corny Who Just Copies Drake because he's a Drake Stan.

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• RickyRich
    Options
    both make good music but tory is drake shadow
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true
    Tory got some hits tho
  • RickyRich
    Options
    only thing that brothers me about tory that hes claiming toronto but he from suburbs which "Brampton"
  • gns
    Options
    I thought he was from Florida
  • RickyRich
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I thought he was from Florida

nah i think he just lived there but hes from canada
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever... that everyone falls song is better than Any and Every drake r&b song.. not even close
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Tory tried to be trey chris drake travis
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Its true
    Tory got some hits tho

Tory's "Hits" are all Remakes of 90's Smashes...no original songs yet

So were Puffy's when he started.

Puff isn't taken nearly as serious as a solo artist...and if you talking about Biggie's first Singles, the beats were just Sampled/Remade but the Lyrics and content was all original.

Tory damn near bit the Whole hooks for the original songs too...just changed words here and there
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Whatever... that everyone falls song is better than Any and Every drake r&b song.. not even close

You trippin...that ? way too autotuned out
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ain't really the conversation for Drake associates to have when Drake was pretty much Phonte lite until he developed his own lane which itself was pretty much just an off shoot of prime Lil Wayne.
  • gns
    Options
    Drake was a bunch of different people at different times
    Phonte, budden, nickelus f, wayne.....etc
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Illedout are u goin to take part of thr discussion or jus be a hovering ?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been saying this for a couple years. Dudes a clown. Annoying thing is he doesn't just want to ride drakes coattails he thinks he deserves to ride those coattails.

That "new Toronto 2" slaps tho. His producer play picasso has been lacing him.
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    I find it humorous that there are folks that disagree... You guys do realize that we likely never hear Drake singing if Phonte wasn't singing right?

So Far Gone if you have an ear for music you'll realize is just a Phonte/Lil Wayne/Kanye gumbo.
    A really really superbly crafted gumbo but gumbo nonetheless.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I find it humorous that there are folks that disagree... You guys do realize that we likely never hear Drake singing if Phonte wasn't singing right?

So Far Gone if you have an ear for music you'll realize is just a Phonte/Lil Wayne/Kanye gumbo.

Y'all reach too much...give that man his credit instead of attaching other ppls names who had nothing to do with the project. Plus he used way too much Houston influence to even mention those names

"A Night Off" resembles Phonté or Kanye now.? Smh okay lol
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Well I think Tory copies anything that's popular and uses it for his own benefit. Looks like it worked for now. Dude almost took Travis Scott style and ran with it.

I like the competition tho but it's smarter for the two to work together. Drake and Tory would make good financial sense.

Lowkey I think people be fake crediting Travis Scott. Travis Scott didn't invent no style, dude combined Kayne West 808 heartbreak and ASAP Rocky fashion and style and mixed it with Young Thug style.

THANK ? SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT

if anybody is a thief and untalented it's Travis Scott.

I can't listen to dude bite 100 styles
  • (ob)Scene
    edited February 2017
    Options

Y'all reach too much...give that man his credit instead of attaching other ppls names who had nothing to do with the project. Plus he used way too much Houston influence to even mention those names

Did you see me say A Night Off sonically "sounds" like Phonte or did you see me say he wouldn't have been singing if not for his Phonte influences? Hey bro, check this out for me...

1.) Stop being simple
    2.) Revisit Comeback Season
    3.) Reread my statement.

Not only are you doing the same exact thing to Tory, you're also coming off like a Stanley because it came out of Drake's own mouth that those were his influences back then.

How you gonna Stan the ? and not be familiar with the trajectory of his catalogue from beginning to present? So Far Gone is actually when he started veering towards Wayne/Kanye (ie. his Wayne flow on Uptown) but the Phonte influences persisted (the singing, etc.)

Caping the man so hard talking about give credit that you completely disregarded that I didn't say anything negative and stated that So Far Gone was superbly crafted.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options

Did you see me say A Night Off sonically "sounds" like Phonte or did you see me say he wouldn't have been singing if not for his Phonte influences? Hey bro, check this out for me...

1.) Stop being simple
    3.) Reread my statement.

Not only are you doing the same exact thing to Tory, you're also coming off like a Stanley because it came out of Drake's own mouth that those were his influences back then.

How you gonna Stan the ? and not be familiar with the trajectory of his catalogue from beginning to present? So Far Gone is actually when he started veering towards Wayne/Kanye (ie. his Wayne flow on Uptown) but the Phonte influences persisted (the singing, etc.)

Caping the man so hard talking about give credit that you completely disregarded that I didn't say anything negative and stated that So Far Gone was superbly crafted.

Lol you backtrackin HARD.
    You said "So Far Gone if you have an ear for music you'll realize is just a Phonte/Lil Wayne/Kanye gumbo."

Which means Sonically lol
    Not even a Night off,
    November 18th, HoustAtlantaVegas, and others DO NOT "Sonically " SOUND like the people you listed.

You Reason ? Logic when it comes to Drake is Pitiful. Lol calling your post utter ? does not = Drake Stan.
    ? I haven't even heard Comeback Season, hell i think I've only finished maybe 2 or 3 Drake albums in full but i know when to give a Man His Credit for his talent. And you ARE discrediting him if you Saying he Jocked 3 ? to make his album, which ain't even true in the least.
    Now what way you gonna say I'm Capin or Stannin for the ? this time, when I'm just calling a ? a ? .?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true
    Tory got some hits tho

Tory's "Hits" are all Remakes of 90's Smashes...no original songs yet

• (ob)Scene
    edited February 2017
    Options

1.) Stop being simple
    3.) Reread my statement.

You said "So Far Gone if you have an ear for music you'll realize is just a Phonte/Lil Wayne/Kanye gumbo."

Not even a Night off,
    November 18th, HoustAtlantaVegas, and others DO NOT "Sonically " SOUND like the people you listed.

You Reason ? Logic when it comes to Drake is Pitiful. Lol calling your post utter ? does not = Drake Stan.
    ? I haven't even heard Comeback Season, hell i think I've only finished maybe 2 or 3 Drake albums in full but i know when to give a Man His Credit for his talent. And you ARE discrediting him if you Saying he Jocked 3 ? to make his album, which ain't even true in the least.
    Now what way you gonna say I'm Capin or Stannin for the ? this time, when I'm just calling a ? a ? .?

No that does not mean sonically. I named three ? . You can take sonic elements from one, flows from another and style from another. If I'm backtracking that statement then you're saying that Wayne/Kanye/Phonte all have the same sound.

Your entire argument is based off of the production's sound. Designer rapping on a Preemo beat don't mean the ? don't sound like Future.

And calm down Stanley. I didn't say he "jocked" anybody. I said it was a gumbo of sounds from ? that influenced him. A gumbo of sounds he's ON RECORD as saying influenced the project. So miss me with your cape act Superman and argue with that man about who HE says influenced it.

What I DID say was that it was a superb project. None of what I said was meant to discredit. It was to point out the hypocrisy of Boi1da's statements.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options

1.) Stop being simple
    3.) Reread my statement.

Not even a Night off,

No that does not mean sonically. I named three ? . You can take sonic elements from one, flows from another and style from another. If I'm backtracking that statement then you're saying that Wayne/Kanye/Phonte all have the same sound.

Your entire argument is based off of the production's sound. Designer rapping on a Preemo beat don't mean the ? don't sound like Future.

And calm down Stanley. I didn't say he "jocked" anybody. I said it was a gumbo of sounds from ? that influenced him. A gumbo of sounds he's ON RECORD as saying influenced the project. So miss me with your cape act Superman and argue with that man about who HE says influenced it.

What I DID say was that it was a superb project. None of what I said was meant to discredit. It was to point out the hypocrisy of Boi1da's statements.

Dawg Drake is on Record saying EVERYBODY influences him...don't put too much stock in that if he ain't say specifically he channeled his Inner Phonte for So Far Gone "on record"...but yeah I'm a ? Named Stanley, so i guess I'll calm down...thanks lol