George Lopez goes off - "if you can't take a joke, sit the ? down or get the ? out"

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on my boy y'all parents didn't tell you don't bring no white girls home?

/thread

All this faux outrage is amusing.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ you people always start off wrong
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »

But when it's convenient these latinos like to use black people by talking that black and brown ? . We are good enough to be used as props but we are not good enough to bring home. That's how I see it. White and Black people have a tumultuous history so it's understandable why our parents and grandparents etc told us to not bring home a white person. These latinos like to pretend they are our "brothers" and "sisters".

Naw.

It's just more crying and ? .

How?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But when it's convenient these latinos like to use black people by talking that black and brown ? . We are good enough to be used as props but we are not good enough to bring home. That's how I see it. White and Black people have a tumultuous history so it's understandable why our parents and grandparents etc told us to not bring home a white person. These latinos like to pretend they are our "brothers" and "sisters".

Naw.

How?

Because you're lying

Mexicans never be on that brother and sister ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    As much as black comedians get down on all the other races... Let him cook.

D.L. Hughley made a career of black and white comparisons. That and roastin the crowd.
    That's always been my favorite part of his routine. ? goes straight in on those first few rows of people.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude ain't, and never been, funny. 1-dimensional as hell.

He took that "stereotype my race" ? and ran with it - not much else in his acts.

Everything is "Latino people be like.... "
  • Guy Gardner
    Guy Gardner Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw him on his recent tour with dl, cedric, eddie n them

he actually was funny as ? especially when he went in on trump and his wife.....

charlie murphy was the least funny

dl hughley was the funniest

• 5th Letter
    edited February 2017
    Options

Naw.

How?

Because you're lying

You said "just more crying and ? ". I'm asking how.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Naw.

How?

Because you're lying

Because your crying and ? about ? that happens in all races
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about Mexicans, but I know Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans (even the white and brown ones) that will call or treat blacks like brothers. I think it's fair to say that blacks as a group don't have a lot of friends, but stop acting like there aren't people of other races that are cool with blacks. Some of ya'll are either just being ridiculous or have never been outside of your neighborhood.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is that Black and Brown tour and the crowds for those from what I've seen of those were mixed. So it ain't like Lopez is just using the black comedians to get black money. Those black comedians are picking up some brown money as a result too.

On topic, no black person should ever get mad at ? like this. There are popular black comedians who damn near do whole shows off of taking shots at other races. If you're going to be mad at Lopez. Be mad at him for being corny.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Naw.

How?

Because you're lying

Because your crying and ? about ? that happens in all races

When certain latinos use black people to help them under the guise of "black and brown" pride but turn around and don't deem black people worthy to bring home. Then yes it's a problem.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Calling this fake outrage ?

SMH. While I don't usually think it makes sense to go to a comedy show and expect not to get offended, if the chick decided to walk out - then she probably really was offended.

WTF you think - all Black people think ? on Black people is cool ?

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Naw.

How?

Because you're lying

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said before that joke wasn't even funny, but come to think of it George Lopez has never been funny.
    5th Letter wrote:
    Spanish and Portuguese played a big part in the transatlantic slavery. I think they even imported more slaves than the English BTW. I can tell you first hand there's racism in latin countries. That's why it's funny to me how you guys give these Fat Joe's and Angel Garcia's of the world passes for calling you the n-word talking about "we grow up in the same struggle" and all that BS. Then you get your feelings hurt when they expose how they really felt about all along. Call them sp*c to their face and see if they make dumb a*s excuses for you. Just because these people live in the same impoverished 'hoods with you doesn't negate these facts (racism in the latin world, transatlantic slavery etc.). The darker you are and more African features you have, the lower you are in their eyes. Stop trying to seek validation from outsiders and learn to accept yourself for once...
    Muhannad wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but is anyone really chasing after these Mexican women like that? Like (no offense but), who wants 'em?
    They got square a*s Sponge Bob square pants bodies, they're hairy, short, got a muffin top FOH. Some of them are aiight, but the majority of them are unattractive to me and that goes for all 'indigenous' women, whether from Guatamala, Colombia or Peru or w/e.

I feel the same way lol but to my Cali homie them is fightin words lmao
    Them ? love em some mijas
    I can't knock 'em for their taste, but I always felt they were unattractive. They already look bad when they're young, but age terribly after they get kids BTW.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    This dude ain't, and never been, funny. 1-dimensional as hell.

He took that "stereotype my race" ? and ran with it - not much else in his acts.

Everything is "Latino people be like.... "

His entire routine is on some comic view in the 90s ? . Played.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    ? it then building that wall to keep out Mexicans isn't offensive they just need to lighten up.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if white comedians or any other race immediately pointed out all the black people in the crowd as soon as their show starts. Please don't make no big thing outta this.... Mexicans don't ? with black people by the way.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if white comedians or any other race immediately pointed out all the black people in the crowd as soon as their show starts. Please don't make no big thing outta this.... LA Mexicans don't ? with black people by the way.
    Fixed

Thats a southern cali beef. Bay area Mexicans Love black ppl/culture. They aint eses and vatos up here, theyre ? . I stay seeing Mexicans in black barbershops