George Lopez goes off - "if you can't take a joke, sit the ? down or get the ? out"

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on my boy y'all parents didn't tell you don't bring no white girls home?

Not the same thing....not even close
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if white comedians or any other race immediately pointed out all the black people in the crowd as soon as their show starts. Please don't make no big thing outta this.... LA Mexicans don't ? with black people by the way.
    Fixed

Thats a southern cali beef. Bay area Mexicans Love black ppl/culture. They aint eses and vatos up here, theyre ? . I stay seeing Mexicans in black barbershops

Nah this is nationwide and there's exceptions to every rule. My brother born and bread in LA has been married to a 100% Mexican for 15 yrs.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    So if the comedian talks about everyone else he's cool? FOH with this weak ? .

It's comedy show, he didn't go on a I hate black people rant. People are too sensitive
    Yeah comedians can't say anything anymore, because someone is always going to be offended. Imagine if comedians like Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Sam Kennison (sp.), Richard Pryor etc. lived and performed in this era?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

But when it's convenient these latinos like to use black people by talking that black and brown ? . We are good enough to be used as props but we are not good enough to bring home. That's how I see it. White and Black people have a tumultuous history so it's understandable why our parents and grandparents etc told us to not bring home a white person. These latinos like to pretend they are our "brothers" and "sisters".

What?

never has a brown person referred to me as their brother.

And can we change the color gradient? Them ? not brown they're off white at best usually, or orange. While white people are actually pink/translucent.

"black" people are shades of brown the rest of these mufuckas is not. Period

Come 2 NY.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if white comedians or any other race immediately pointed out all the black people in the crowd as soon as their show starts. Please don't make no big thing outta this.... LA Mexicans don't ? with black people by the way.
    Fixed

Thats a southern cali beef. Bay area Mexicans Love black ppl/culture. They aint eses and vatos up here, theyre ? . I stay seeing Mexicans in black barbershops

Nah this is nationwide and there's exceptions to every rule. My brother born and bread in LA has been married to a 100% Mexican for 15 yrs.

Aint yall Mexican though?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

/thread

All this faux outrage is amusing.

Not that I really give a ? but if you guys don't see the difference between an older black woman saying "don't bring a white girl home" and every other race in the land saying "don't bring a black person home" then you're not paying attention.

What the hell did black people ever do to mexicans, asians, whites or indians?

Not a gawd damn thing
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Fixed

Aint yall Mexican though?

My brother is all black. I'm black and Rican.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A Mexican man started a show to get a statue built of a black man

But somehow he should be boycotted.

? ain't ?

And Lincoln freed the slaves what's your "point".
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/thread

Not that I really give a ? but if you guys don't see the difference between an older black woman saying "don't bring a white girl home" and every other race in the land saying "don't bring a black person home" then you're not paying attention.

There is no difference. It's all borne from stereotypes and the tendency of people to treat every individual in a group based on the actions of unrelated people in the group. Blacks, largely through no fault of our own, have bad reputations among all other races. That doesn't make Lopez's statement anymore egregious than a similar statement from a black woman. And don't get it twisted, they might be more receptive of whites than blacks, but Asian and Indian parents don't get particularly happy when their kids marry whites either. By and large the older ones prefer to keep it in their own group.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

/thread

Mr.LV wrote: »

/thread

Not a gawd damn thing

/Thread
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

/thread

yall ? forgetting that Spanish is from SPAIN what are spaniards?

Black people don't have to have history to have beef. The rulers of the world have deemed us undesirable

Como se dice espanol ? them ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This must have been her 1st time at comedy show....

Or hearing George Lopez because he's done that same joke for at least a decade...oh and before someone starts it...no it's not a universal rule and racism in Latin America is something black latinos deal with daily just like black folks across the globe
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

But when it's convenient these latinos like to use black people by talking that black and brown ? . We are good enough to be used as props but we are not good enough to bring home. That's how I see it. White and Black people have a tumultuous history so it's understandable why our parents and grandparents etc told us to not bring home a white person. These latinos like to pretend they are our "brothers" and "sisters".

You're speaking as if latino is race...it's not.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A Mexican man started a show to get a statue built of a black man

But somehow he should be boycotted.

? ain't ?

And Lincoln freed the slaves what's your "point".

He didn't do it for us.

So everything that is non black is a problem?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/thread

There is no difference. It's all borne from stereotypes and the tendency of people to treat every individual in a group based on the actions of unrelated people in the group. Blacks, largely through no fault of our own, have bad reputations among all other races. That doesn't make Lopez's statement anymore egregious than a similar statement from a black woman. And don't get it twisted, they might be more receptive of whites than blacks, but Asian and Indian parents don't get particularly happy when their kids marry whites either. By and large the older ones prefer to keep it in their own group.

I swear I don't get how you and your father don't get along because he voted for Trump with the ? you post.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

/thread

I swear I don't get how you and your father don't get along because he voted for Trump with the ? you post.

Walk me through your logic here. Help me connect the dots. What does Trump and his actual racism, misogyny, and xenophobia have to with any that was said in the post you just quoted? I could call you ? for that ridiculous connection you're drawing, but I'd rather just give you the chance to explain because maybe it's not as stupid as I think it is.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet her folks told her don't bring home no white boy.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet her folks told her don't bring home no white boy.

Only cause they never met me. Holllaaaaaa

? I'm lame
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

/thread

It used to trip me out as a kid when immigrant ass arabs or asian corner store owners would stereotype and act racist towards us but could barely speak English... like, yall lower on the totem pole than us wtf

So we stole from them on that principle alone
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/thread

It used to trip me out as a kid when immigrant ass arabs or asian corner store owners would stereotype and act racist towards us but could barely speak English... like, yall lower on the totem pole than us wtf

So we stole from them on that principle alone

lol What was the principle there? To prove them right?

Well damn