George Lopez goes off - "if you can't take a joke, sit the ? down or get the ? out"

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Personally it doesn't bother me but I can see the conflict and understand why people might look sideways at the ? since he aligned himself with a bunch of black comedians that's filling the seats and putting money in his pocket.

For the record I wouldn't bring a Mexican home. Thats not going over.

Mexican was the one who got away for me. That ? used to smell so good, Damn shame b.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally it doesn't bother me but I can see the conflict and understand why people might look sideways at the ? since he aligned himself with a bunch of black comedians that's filling the seats and putting money in his pocket.

For the record I wouldn't bring a Mexican home. Thats not going over.

And for the record

I bet the crowd they are performing in front of is mostly non blacks.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    George Lopez has had the same routine for madd long. ? got old quick. From what I remember from that part of his joke he goes in on how his first love was a Black girl and his mom hated it. So in her old age he only gets her dark skin Black Nurses. The next one being darker than the last one so she learns her lesson.

That's exactly how the joke goes...along with his abuela asking why is his gf so dark. Easily his most overused joke of his career
  • blackrain
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Come on my boy y'all parents didn't tell you don't bring no white girls home?

/thread

All this faux outrage is amusing.

Not that I really give a ? but if you guys don't see the difference between an older black woman saying "don't bring a white girl home" and every other race in the land saying "don't bring a black person home" then you're not paying attention.

What the hell did black people ever do to mexicans, asians, whites or indians?

Exactly. This whole thing uncovered a deeper problem with how blacks are viewed which needs to be addressed, but this instance it's clearly a comedy show.

Uncovered? It's not exactly a well kept secret how some races feel about blacks
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Muhannad wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but is anyone really chasing after these Mexican women like that? Like (no offense but), who wants 'em?
    They got square a*s Sponge Bob square pants bodies, they're hairy, short, got a muffin top FOH. Some of them are aiight, but the majority of them are unattractive to me and that goes for all 'indigenous' women, whether from Guatamala, Colombia or Peru or w/e.

I feel the same way lol but to my Cali homie them is fightin words lmao
    Them ? love em some mijas

Mija means my daughter...might want a different word lol

Mija can be used to refer to any ? ...

Might need to 'get away'
    -SouthWest Airline

Edit: I used 'mija' cuz its a lil inside thing between me and him...A song where some LA ? rappin bout all his 'mijas'

Never heard any latino I know or in my family refer to a random woman as mija. That's a term of affection reserved for daughters...at a stretch a young female who is close to your family. There's plenty of slang words for women in Spanish...mija isn't one
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    A Mexican man started a show to get a statue built of a black man

But somehow he should be boycotted.

? ain't ?

And Lincoln freed the slaves what's your "point".

He didn't do it for us.

So everything that is non black is a problem?

My point is that I don't give non black people the benefit of the doubt when they say slick stuff. Because if the situation was in reverse they wouldn't give us the benefit of the doubt.

Please tell what slick ? the comedian said while on tour with other black comedians while raising money to build a statue for his idol which is a black man

"Sit yo ass down ? " that's what he told a paying customer who was a black woman. If he didn't stop to address that this thread doesn't exist.

Do you watch much stand-up? Just curious because lots of comedians go at people in the audience. Some of them (DL for example) basically build careers off it. He was also clearly pandering to the crowd. If he had said that to her and there were crickets, he probably would have moved on. However, since everyone thought it was funny as hell, he kept going with it.

Quit caping for him. He can tell a joke. But he gets his feelings hurt over a middle finger?

I'll ask the question again. Do you watch much stand-up? I don't really and even I know that what he did was common place. His feelings weren't hurt over the middle finger. He was using her for cheap laughs. I'm not caping for Lopez. Like most in here, I don't even think he's funny, so if your criticism is that it was weak for him to have to go to this extent just to get a few laughs I'm with you. However, if you're trying to claim that he was being racist or overly offensive because he told a chick to sit her ass down for getting offended over a trivial joke, you're on some Mr. Fantastic ? with your reaching.

Stop caping for him.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black comedy an minority so weak based off making fun of people pieces of ? seinfeld dont do that
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ^^^Props to Salma for knowing what her best asset(s) are.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

/thread

All this faux outrage is amusing.

Not that I really give a ? but if you guys don't see the difference between an older black woman saying "don't bring a white girl home" and every other race in the land saying "don't bring a black person home" then you're not paying attention.

What the hell did black people ever do to mexicans, asians, whites or indians?

Thing is, a lot of Black mothers prolly wouldn't have a problem with you bringing home an Asian, Indian, Native, or Mexican woman. Just don't bring a white woman up to the porch. ? ... Mexicans, especially those in AZ, ain't trying to see their child bringing home a white person either.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Yea my mom told me this I thought she was playing..... I joked and said she was coming over.... needless to say I had to tell her I was playing.

Got ya ass whooped and cried like a lil ? did you? With dat ? up cry in the back of ya throat, right? ass whoopin made ya skin lighter than Micheal Jackson .......then she brought over a friend darker than Michael Jackson and that bedroom door almost broke from that poundin while you was still cryin that ? up cry, right?

and then yo ? still brought home a white girl and you got caught up for 18 years plus wage garnishment for that kid that wasn't yours but she said she neeeeeeeeeeeeded a friend indeeeed *Jamie Foxx voice*

Let that be a lesson for the ? in the IC...leave them white chicks alone unless you the pullout king then play on, playa.................
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe I'm more defensive because she's black, but I personally didn't like how he spoke to her
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if white comedians or any other race immediately pointed out all the black people in the crowd as soon as their show starts. Please don't make no big thing outta this.... LA Mexicans don't ? with black people by the way.
    Fixed

Thats a southern cali beef. Bay area Mexicans Love black ppl/culture. They aint eses and vatos up here, theyre ? . I stay seeing Mexicans in black barbershops

? , I know plenty of blacks that don't ? with mexicans out here in the Bay..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? listen to rappers talk about killing other blacks all day and all the fouls ? they did in their community but don't bat an eye at that ? and just say it's music be silent as ? though

That's like white people saying "Black people use the n-word, why can't I ?"
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol why she mad? she dont know that latinos say that ? for real?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he says more and more mexicans are marrying white people...the crowd cheers. (Why you crying)

They love them some whites....
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the heckler not read the disclaimer?
    Nothing wrong in my eyes. Its just a routine and joke.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Mexicans have color.

Them white ones descend from Spain. Their original wasn't no damn Spanish.