The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since DC is doing Animations for Popular story arcs like Judas Contract and the Killing Joke, i really hope they do a blackest night animation.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Teen Titans Judas Contract will be the 9th movie in the Animated Movie Universe..You Got CW adding another show (5 live action nows plus 2 animated), the comics are killing sales wise and strong reviews and feedback with Rebirth.

You Have Neatherealm with the Injustice Universe, Rocksteady/WB Games Montreal with the ArkhamVerse etc.

Young Justice returning on Netflix..JLA on cartoon network.. even have Superhero Girls (lots of money there) and Teen Titans GO for little kids.

I point all this out to just further prove that 1. Shared Universes with DC can and does work..

2. It's Mind Boggling how WB can do it for every other media outlet (Live Action TV Shows, Comics, Video Games, and Animated Movies/Shows ) but are clueless with how to make a good live action movie universe.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it comes to movies I think WB stops DC from being great because of micromanaging from paranoid execs due to all the money involved. That and Snyder is proving to be an awful and clueless visionary.

The other mediums aren't as costly so WB lets DC live with those and in turn they are more DC managed than WB managed and the quality and care shows. Plus they have more focused project managers than the movie division.

Until WB lets DC live and take the reigns more with the movies and also hires more varied & hungry visionary project management (like how Marvel shifted from Whedon to the Russos) the movies will be stuck in creative limbo.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Since DC is doing Animations for Popular story arcs like Judas Contract and the Killing Joke, i really hope they do a blackest night animation.

it looks okay but they need to replace blue beetle with cyborg. I wish it was the 80's roster from the comics with kid flash and wonder ? the team. i'm also sick of Damien some how they will make this movie revolve around him. he's the wolverine of the dc entertainment universe. I hope they move on from using the new 52 universe for their animated features or get another artist to work on their justice league features. aquaman and justice league dark was good though
  • Broddie
    Options
    Nah Batman is the Wolverine. Damian is the X-23.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

it looks okay but they need to replace blue beetle with cyborg. I wish it was the 80's roster from the comics with kid flash and wonder ? the team. i'm also sick of Damien some how they will make this movie revolve around him. he's the wolverine of the dc entertainment universe. I hope they move on from using the new 52 universe for their animated features or get another artist to work on their justice league features. aquaman and justice league dark was good though

spoke to soon i'm definitely copping this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDrWQTwZlY
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of grumblings going around that Affleck might dip completely after the JL movie.

A shame if true but i wouldn't blame him at this point.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Must be a very frustrating position to be in but I don't think he'll bail. Way too much ancillary bucks on the line when you play Batman let alone in a shared universe. Plus he's also doing it for his kids.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    serious question...NO troll

but what can DC do at this point to get from under the shadow of Nolan's Batman films?

I was watching Civil War last night b/c my lil girl saw a thumbnail of Iron Man and wanted to watch it.

I jumped straight to the airport scene. By the time that scene went off, she was pointing out everyone except Vision for some odd reason lol, but my point is, marvel has done an awesome job of establishing characters to the point where civil war didnt feel like a mash up of characters to get a summer blockbuster movie.

This was my first time watching it since about a year ago, but seeing Spider Man, Ant Man, and Black Panther on screen all at the same time made me appreciate all the subtle references/easter eggs these characters had been exposed throughout the years in other films

but back to my question. What can DC do to just make quality movies at this point.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The only thing DC can do is get WB execs to quit breathing down their necks with these flicks and allow them the same freedom they have in all other mediums. Until then they're screwed.
  • nujerz84
    Options

spoke to soon i'm definitely copping this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDrWQTwZlY

looks dope
  • Broddie
    Options
    Haven't seen one of those since Throne of Atlantis but I will definitely peep. Was a huge New Titans fan growing up.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Matt Reeves is Batman Director

Warner Bros and Ben Affleck like the script keeping it as is
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    3bf576d29de9f6a03e18b5bdafe806e2.png?t=1452290154

Ridley scott names was mentioned before
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC needs more help
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody seen Lego Batman yet?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    The Lego Batman Movie >>>> DC since Chris Nolan's trilogy lmao

? was jokes , kinda was like Deadpool with its self aware humor.Also had a great take on Batman and his brooding loneliness. All the other batman movies references will have you in tears.

Bane had some classic one liners.

8/10

lol at the suicide squad ether.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok, without too spoily, what was the SS ether?

And im not crazy about Reeves. I like his apes flicks but Cloverfield is so overrated. I wouldve loved to see Ridley Scott's Batman.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    ok, without too spoily, what was the SS ether?

And im not crazy about Reeves. I like his apes flicks but Cloverfield is so overrated. I wouldve loved to see Ridley Scott's Batman.

I cant really, coz its part of the synopsis of the movie.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman was throwing shots at Superman the whole movie.

I mean literally from the opening credits.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League has to be better than average if not its lights out. I'm not really so much as interested in Wonder Woman. And someone mentioned the Nolan Batman flicks... the one with the Joker in it was the only one out of his trilogy I rated highly

Of all their recent live action movies I really liked Man Of Steel. I think that was a really good film. Unfortunately Snyder couldn't follow up with BvS...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Screen Rant ✔@screenrant
    The Batman: Ben Affleck Reportedly Wants to Leave the Role -

I hate this world