Jay's Company Tida-L loses exlcusive streaming rights to Prince's Music

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol if they did had gotten the rights you just know the tidal gang would be daisy chaining the ? out of eachother.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Only way this would be a L is if Prince music was taken off tidal completely.... Prince music was on tidal yesterday today and it'll be on there tomorrow so where's the L I highly doubt their bottom line is gonna change even one cent just becuz now you can get Prince music elsewhere too outside of Tidal but it's a L becuz it's not only on Tidal no more??? This was a reach an expected reach but still a reach none the less

dude.... do you realize how many companies work with Spotify?

now compare and contrast that with tidal?

I know for me, the exclusivity contract was the only thing keeping me premium.

now that they no longer have it, I have cancelled my service and went back to spotify.

this coupled with no app support on consoles was the nail in the coffin for me.

In before GetHoe boy pulls the meek card and says "But but but Tidal started from the bottom."
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with taking an L every once in a while, as long as the W's outnumber the L's.

Tom Brady is the greatest Quarterback of all time but he lost the Superbowl twice. And theres more years that he didn't even make it to the Superbowl. Point being Tom Brady played in 17 seasons and only won the Superbowl 5 times. That means there were 12 seasons that he didn't win the Superbowl. Yeah he took a lot of L's but you can't call him a loser. He's still the GOAT.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Only way this would be a L is if Prince music was taken off tidal completely.... Prince music was on tidal yesterday today and it'll be on there tomorrow so where's the L I highly doubt their bottom line is gonna change even one cent just becuz now you can get Prince music elsewhere too outside of Tidal but it's a L becuz it's not only on Tidal no more??? This was a reach an expected reach but still a reach none the less

now that they no longer have it, I have cancelled my service and went back to spotify.

In before GetHoe boy pulls the meek card and says "But but but Tidal started from the bottom."

I see why homie pulled up on your subway and had you shook to come from behind them sandwiches you mad corny bruh smh

Now you changing the subject when you can't avoid the truth lol. You are essentially monizzling away from the fact they caught an L literally lost the rights to exclusive content haha.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just waiting for the unreleased Purple Rain songs. I've been waiting for it for over 20 years.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So Prince and Michaels families both sold them out. lol Probably got 20 percent of what it's really worth.

Prince was much more smarter than MJ. Why he didn't have a will mandating what he wanted is an L on his part. He fought most of his career for freedom from a label only to neglect a will.

But at the end of the day the fans win because his content isn't stuck on one streaming service. So do future generations of fans that may be inspired by him.

I'm no conspiracy guy but I do wonder if that "he didn't have a will" ? is ? . It just doesn't add up. At all.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but ? with less than 100 mil can't call ? jay do a L
    You ? be so ready to issue losses to ? worth more than yo whole family tree
    Stop it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

I see why homie pulled up on your subway and had you shook to come from behind them sandwiches you mad corny bruh smh

Now you changing the subject when you can't avoid the truth lol. You are essentially monizzling away from the fact they caught an L literally lost the rights to exclusive content haha.

Naw just not finna keep going back and forth with your corny ass.... I get it anything with Tidal is a L in your world guess when Kanye said TLOP wasn't gonna be available nowhere else but Tidal then it ended up being available everywhere that's a L for Tidal too right becuz they lost the exclusive content??? Knock it off bruh you reaching lol.... But from what I've seen and heard about you already I know what I'm dealing with so I'll let you live
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited February 2017
    Options

Naw just not finna keep going back and forth with your corny ass.... I get it anything with Tidal is a L in your world guess when Kanye said TLOP wasn't gonna be available nowhere else but Tidal then it ended up being available everywhere that's a L for Tidal too right becuz they lost the exclusive content??? Knock it off bruh you reaching lol.... But from what I've seen and heard about you already I know what I'm dealing with so I'll let you live

Everything that ended up a win for tidal i have admitted. Every L for tidal you act like the trump administration and come with alternative facts. Step 1 of not being a jayhova's ? off is actually admitting when tidal loses something as in the exclusivity of Princes catalog to stream.

We not talking about TLOP or anything form the past. This article is about Tidal losing exclusive content dumb ? lmao.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Stop it

Makes 0 sense. So ? who make 100K a year working at the wall street Journal cant report when a billionaire loses out on a trade deal or contract? That's not how reporting the truth works? If apple doesn't resign drake after his deal that is an L. If spotify doesn't have beyonces album on stream cause it is on tidal that is an L for spotify. It makes no difference.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Stop it

Makes 0 sense. So ? who make 100K a year working at the wall street Journal cant report when a billionaire loses out on a trade deal or contract? That's not how reporting the truth works? If apple doesn't resign drake after his deal that is an L. If spotify doesn't have beyonces album on stream cause it is on tidal that is an L for spotify. It makes no difference.

Reporting the truth and assigning L's on some ? girl giggling type ? is completely different
    You ain't gon read no unbiased articles about the situation that have the same ? eating tone as your thread
    Stop quoting me
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Stop it

Reporting the truth and assigning L's on some ? girl giggling type ? is completely different
    You ain't gon read no unbiased articles about the situation that have the same ? eating tone as your thread
    Stop quoting me

I literally copied and pasted the link talking about how they lost the exclusive rights. Please tell me how that is on some ? girl ? lol. The article literally says they lost the rights.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop it

Stop quoting me

This ? life is pathetic he really be getting hella happy at Tidal news.... He failing to realize in the examples if Spotify doesn't have Beyonce album that would be a L and if Tidal didn't have Prince album that would be a L too but Tidal STILL has Prince albums so what's the L??? It's a L becuz Tidal doesn't only have it by themselves and they have to share it??? Dafuq kinda weak attempt at a L is that..... This clown is sad smh
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Stop it

Stop quoting me

This ? life is pathetic he really be getting hella happy at Tidal news.... He failing to realize in the examples if Spotify doesn't have Beyonce album that would be a L and if Tidal didn't have Prince album that would be a L too but Tidal STILL has Prince albums so what's the L??? It's a L becuz Tidal doesn't only have it by themselves and they have to share it??? Dafuq kinda weak attempt at a L is that..... This clown is sad smh

They lost exclusivity plain and simple close thread. You can't spin the facts.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Why take the ? as a personal attack?

What does financial status have to do with being able to discuss the pros and cons of business strategies?

Why does this always happen with anything Jay related?

? discussing Tidal not Jay.

Calm down.

Shut the ? up, Jamel
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay was out here making power plays

That's ducked up he got ? out a supervdeal by a technicality

Prince died
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prince banged some bad hoes
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this also means Morris can take a break. cause his music will be every damn where now.

last night did more for morris and the time than it did for bruno imo

Spotify already had the times music on there prior to this I believe. I was listening to some their music on it a week ago I think..

Tbh I don't know who to roll with. I want a streaming service that has damn near everything hip hop related. I randomly wanted to listen to the new jersey drive sndtrk on spotify n they didn't have it. My point is if I'm paying to listen to music I want my money's worth. Hell I could just keep using youtube since everything is on there..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    this also means Morris can take a break. cause his music will be every damn where now.

last night did more for morris and the time than it did for bruno imo

Spotify already had the times music on there prior to this I believe. I was listening to some their music on it a week ago I think..

Tbh I don't know who to roll with. I want a streaming service that has damn near everything hip hop related. I randomly wanted to listen to the new jersey drive sndtrk on spotify n they didn't have it. My point is if I'm paying to listen to music I want my money's worth. Hell I could just keep using youtube since everything is on there..

The consumer takes an L when these companies (all of them not just tidal) had exclusive albums. I can get the spotify sessions or apple sessions or tidal exclusive live performances in studio. But when an entire album is only on apple music like Drake it ? it up for the freedom of the fans to get products any and everywhere.

But it looks like the labels are not having it as much anymore as far as albums only being on one service.