LMS Debate RD3. Is it better to date someone attractive and popular or intelligent and smart?

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not surprised @Sion got the votes.

IMO one of the reasons I feel you lost this debate early is because of this one sentence

"What makes intelligence or smartness attractive is it's something everyone can acquire."

If that is something everyone can acquire why wouldn't I just go date the attractive and popular ? and help her acquire intelligence if I feel she is worth it?

Everyone can't acquire being truly physically attractive or just being popular.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't be the only one to think this ? wasn't even close...
    @Mastery surprised you went for the smoke signals Sion was throwing with them irrelevant 'intelligences' he was making up..thought you was in the 'education' field.

Dr. Howard Gardner is turning in his grave smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    @Mastery surprised you went for the smoke signals Sion was throwing with them irrelevant 'intelligences' he was making up..thought you was in the 'education' field.

Oh yea...Sion bruh explain that ? . You made good points throughout but how ? dare you say "mechanical intelligence" to me and let it ride lol.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh yea...Sion bruh explain that ? . You made good points throughout but how ? dare you say "mechanical intelligence" to me and let it ride lol.

Maybe he was referring to Thorndike's Intelligence Theory from 1920:

Abstract intelligence - the ability to verbal and symbolic thinking.

Mechanical intelligence - the ability to effectively control your body and manipulate objects.

Social intelligence - the ability to communicate with people, understand and perform in social relations.

cgrhwh98ntnj.gif

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    mannnn aint nobody on no sapiosexual ? !!!!
    ? aint checkin for ? intelligence and ? aint sayin "? ur credit.. whats ur iq"

Sion was talkin a bunch of ? .. per the norm.. thats IN PART why i cant even read that ? .. its like when a ? talkin ? .. i jus tune them out..

and like Morgan said.. u can get smart.. beauty is somethin thats in you.. not on u.. its like speed in sports.. u cant coach fhat ? .. someone naturally a people's person and popular.. u cant coach that ? ..

and jus cause u smart dont make u successful..
    probably more then likely makes u an ? .. these degrees come wit mountains of debt.. gabi touched on how muthafuckas aint even workin in they field of study..

they smart ass is workin for a dumb muthafucka unfit foe they position?! and howd they get there!!? cause of they populariy..

cause if u dont KNOW that its not WHAT u know.. but WHO u know is this dog eat dog world then u aint as INTELLIGENT as us like to think..

ur networth is ur NETWORK.. and thats popularity..

but im done..
    @Sion is lucky this wasnt us..

he stood no chance..
    Gabi went light on that ? cause she touched on them points jus didnt disrobe the ? Sion dressed up wit studies and "theories" aye @Mastery lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    aye @Sion

u never got back to me bruh..
    run me my fade tomorrow ? ..

i need that..
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea @Sion, you won this debate because there was no real way to lose.
    Gabi's the superior debater, you just lucked up, and almost ? that up, tbh..
    It's important for you to know this, or at least for it to be said.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Beam you're still mad about the disrespect I dishes you way back. You'll always be the beta male to me - get mad. You still are and will always be the premier ? ? to me. If mobile was working I'd pull the thread where our ? started SMMFH. You and Yellow are the same hoes.

Judges voted me up unanimously but I got lucky right ? Sure I'll take it. Some of y'all need to expand ya knowledge base on intelligence - why would you pigeon hole yourself to make intelligence strictly related to education or IQ SMMFH. There's many types, I'm not a Rhodes scholar most of us aren't but I know what I know and I stay in within my circle of competence. Gabi should have brought up sex from jump and formed an argument off that. She made a great point why looks/fame is attractive but not if it's better to date imo. I would have made my point on sex and made my POV from that perspective because Gabi is a woman so who's to tell her what she likes and feels ? That's where I felt she dropped the ball cuz I'd have literally nothing to say or hit. And Boss if you felt that way truly you wouldn't have been assuming I won before the judges posted their votes.

And Boss I made it pretty clear I wanted Monday, there's no way I can post anything between not and tomorrow morning. These just debates to me, it's not that serious so I'll wait till Monday, it's a holiday out here on Monday too.

where did i assume u won @Sion "RECIEPTS ? !!"

and monday it is..
  • BEAM
    Options
    @Sion

I told you last time you tried to bring up whatever the ? you're talking about that That ( expecting me to remember this ? like it's some sort of dynamic that exists between us ) is what's disrespectful. How you feel about me is irrelevant and doesn't take away from what I said, because it's true.

Fact is, your side was easy to argue, and you were barely able take advantage of that. ? your analysis, your performance was telling. It is what it is, you're the one who's upset.

And I'm smarter than you,
    @Sion . That's our dynamic.
    This beef you have with me is yours, and you need to keep that sensitive ? to yourself, honestly.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    and lol ..i aint know @Sion had enimies on here like that!!?! hahaha

hilarious..
  • BEAM
    Options

hilarious..

He may, but I'm not one of them, so he needs to chill.
    He tryna bring up some old gossipy ? because that's all he's got.
  • Mastery
    Options

hilarious..

? caught me off guard too haha

@Sion

You gonna let that ? disrespect you like that?
  • BEAM
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    ? caught me off guard too haha

@Sion

You gonna let that ? disrespect you like that?

He'll talk, but there's nothing to say.
    His victory was damnear preset, and I'm smarter than him.
    Those two points are facts. How he feels about them or me is unimportant, frankly.
  • Mastery
    Options
    *instigating* haha
  • BEAM
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    *instigating* haha

Nothing @Sion can say is current and/or relevant unless he wants to talk about his poor performance or try to talk around my being his intellectual superior; The latter being a shot true, but we were stating facts and this ? tried to hop in his feelings like that took away from my point. I figured one more fact couldn't hurt. lol
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2017
    Options
    im not the biggesr @BEAM fan but he was one of the cats i was speakin of that iv verbally sparred wit and when it was done i was like "okay"..

when it comes to debating tho @Sion never registered on my radar. hahahaha love the ? to death but pressin a line on a point??! nah.. lol

im not gonna go as far as sayin he aint smart..
    but i dont think he respects others intelligence and jus be talkin to talk and think cause aint nobody challenging him he's right and by consequence he thinks he's this brilliant poster. lol

like i said when the debates first started..

anything outside of finance he aint got it. lol
  • BEAM
    Options
    im not the biggesr @BEAM fan but he was one of the cats i was speakin of that iv verbally sparred wit and when it was done i was like "okay"..

when it comes to debating tho @Sion never registered on my radar. hahahaha love the ? to death but pressin a line on a point??! nah.. lol

but i think he respects others intelligence and jus be talkin to talk and think cause aint nobody challenging him he's right and by consequence he thinks he's this brilliant poster
    . lol

The bolded is the exactly case, which is why I spoke up.
    Dude has a false sense of himself that's largely gone untested.
    See what happened when I gave my piece? Feels..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

but i think he respects others intelligence and jus be talkin to talk and think cause aint nobody challenging him he's right and by consequence he thinks he's this brilliant poster
    . lol

The bolded is the exactly case, which is why I spoke up.
    Dude has a false sense of himself that's largely gone untested.
    See what happened when I gave my piece? Feels..

oh its about to get tested. hahaha
  • BEAM
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Address me directly, @Sion . Don't be a ? rn.

I made "four extra posts" because we're talking. Just because it's about you doesn't mean you get to rebrand that conversation.

Like I said, I'm smarter than you. That's a fact. That's our dynamic. That, and you narrowly won this easy ass debate.
    No feelings needed. You're the one who got hurt and threatened to resurface old ? that only you see value in. You got emotional, and are still basking in your feelings. I haven't done anything but state facts.

LOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOL @ "I'm smarter than you", yes ? you are you're smarter than all of us !!! I'm no genius I just know what I know !!!!!

What are you "LOLOLOLOLOL"ing about? ( which is annoying every ? time you do it, btw )
    You're deflecting. I'm smarter than You, my ? . If anything, it's just as petty to point out as whatever dated, gossipy nonsense you've got in your back pocket. My point is at least current tho..
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2017
    Options
    And Boss we can agree I'm a nerd at heart, the last ? to actively seek to ? anyone off but this ? my ? is too funny, wasn't beam the ? who was saying some ? like a great idea for a date is to bring a ? to church ?? Man ? ? that I'm taking her to the telly and blowing her back out he can go thump his Bible with her on Sunday LOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

Talmbout acknowledge me !!! ? sound like the fresh Prince episode where Will was gon meet his dad, "acknowledge me !! Why don't he want me Uncle Boss !?" LOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLLLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOL

lol like i said..
    im not his biggest fan.. and he's worst then a beta male.. he's a feminist! hahahaha

but he was spittin nothin but facts wit his critique. hahahaha

cant wait til monday ? ! lol
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo i love these threads. Ima be real. I legit barely read the debate posts, im just here for the ? talking and feelings.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Yo i love these threads. Ima be real. I legit barely read the debate posts, im just here for the ? talking and feelings.

this ? is personal fam! hahahaha

i aint go lie.. my ? talkin ass is in my feelings..
    I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS MUTHAFUCKA IN THE RING!!! lol
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

this ? is personal fam! hahahaha

i aint go lie.. my ? talkin ass is in my feelings..
    I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS MUTHAFUCKA IN THE RING!!! lol

Man I die laughing when the judges vote and the losing side starts talking ? . I might volunteer to be a judge and on the most one sided debate pick the loser as the winner just to read the reactions.
  • BEAM
    Options
    @Sion

As expected, you've offered nothing to counter what I've said.

And no, I'm not in my feelings, I'm not a feminist, and I didn't suggest that taking a ? to church would make for a good date.
    Literally none of that is and/or has happened. You made all of that up because like I said, you've nothing else to say.

And I asked you to address me directly because I knew you'd resort to tryna gossip with
    @BOSSExcellence , like you're still doing now.
    You got hurt/offended because I offered up my thoughts on the debate. That's all that's happened here.

So yea, you can LOLOLOL all you want.
    Your "victory" was still unimpressive, and I'm still smarter than you.
  • Mastery
    Options