The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Mayweather aint using me...that McGregor fight might as well be his WWF fight w the Big Show...and I don't watch wrestling

Buying it and watching it are two far different things my friend. I can easily have a packed house and make ? pay for EVERYTHING (the PPV, food, drink, etc).

It's a no-brainer.

I look at as its much better ? I can waste my time doing than watching that ? .

Never made folks who I invite over pay ? . That ? is weird to me.

Nah, I usually pay for PPV and food for fighting events but my peoples ALWAYS give me $$$ to cover all expenses without me ever having to ask them to chip in. It wasn't like that at first. But over time with me consistently hosting, ? come out of pocket now everytime.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Or I'll get the call asking if I'm ordering the fight, and if not, them ? will offer to pay just so they can come watch the ? at my house (I got the movie theater set up in my loft. Plush recliner/rocking chairs, 120" screen, refrigerator stock piled, etc).
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of the time if we friends I dont ask because most willb ring beer or liquor anyway. Plus they done had ? at they house and I done come thru and they didnt tax. Now if they bringing folk its another story
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwsKZ8ct1mE

AB says the move to 147 is permanent.. Smh.. He belongs at 140...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People aren't posed to spend money at ur crib....now yall ? move on
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's your homie, you come bearing though , no ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    If it's your homie, you come bearing though , no ?

Proper etiquette demands u to never show to someone s domicile empty handed
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Mayweather aint using me...that McGregor fight might as well be his WWF fight w the Big Show...and I don't watch wrestling

Buying it and watching it are two far different things my friend. I can easily have a packed house and make ? pay for EVERYTHING (the PPV, food, drink, etc).

It's a no-brainer.

I look at as its much better ? I can waste my time doing than watching that ? .

Never made folks who I invite over pay ? . That ? is weird to me.

What?? ? thats almost normal...get your buddies together, everybody pitch in make it a night, ? is weird about that?

That ? is normal to you and your folks. That ain't ? me and my folks do or even ever thought about doing. One of us tell everybody they gotta pay to watch the fight that house gonna empty on fight night.

The bold is the weird part because of what I said above. If thats how yall move and it works for yall cool but that ? ain't how me and my folks move. All anybody need to bring is weed if you smoke or drinks if you drink.

So do yall charge or make folks chip in for cook-outs as well?
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Or I'll get the call asking if I'm ordering the fight, and if not, them ? will offer to pay just so they can come watch the ? at my house (I got the movie theater set up in my loft. Plush recliner/rocking chairs, 120" screen, refrigerator stock piled, etc).

The bold is understandable cause its not some ? you planned on spending money on. That other ? is weird to me.

Cause if I planned on ordering the fight ? I look like telling people I'm cool enough with that they know where I live and willing to invite them into my home they gotta pay for some ? I was already going to pay for with or without them.

That ? makes no sense to me.

I got the projector with 120" in screen as well. Got the directv hook up without the wires. Got a big ass backyard so in the summertime I move the screen and projector outside and we watch that ? outside in the backyard under the stars. Got space in between my house and my neighbors and there is no other house behind my house so the neighbors who I don't know like that don't get to watch for free LLS!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moneycrooksent.
    moneycrooksent. Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Options
    Gotta love Angel honesty!!! I got Danny and his left hook winning will take One Time's strap!!!
  • D. Morgan
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Harrison vs. Hurd Now For IBF World Title, Jermall Charlo Vacates

The stakes have been raised in the already highly-charged junior middleweight showdown between Tony Harrison (24-1, 20 KOs) and Jarrett Hurd (19-0, 13 KOs). The clash between Harrison and Hurd has been elevated to a battle for the vacant IBF 154-pound world title and is part of an exciting night of action Saturday, February 25. on Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes.

The title become vacant after titlist Jermall Charlo dropped the belt to move up to middleweight to seek bigger challenges in a new division.

Televised coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT live from Legacy Arena at the BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama and is headlined by undefeated heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder defending his title in his home state for the fourth time, as he faces undefeated contender Gerald Washington.

"These guys have already shown their mettle by agreeing to fight each other - No. 2 versus No. 3 - for the No. 1 spot,'' said Tom Brown of TGB Promotions. "Having this match be for a world title is a great reward for two young guys who have shown a willingness to face each other.''

"Boxing writers and fans are already buzzing about Harrison versus Hurd, an explosive matchup," said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. "The winner will now be the IBF champion, bringing greatly increased significance to what should already be a war."

The 26-year-old Harrison comes into this fight after scoring an explosive ninth-round stoppage of Sergey Rabchenko in July that put him in line for the world title. Harrison, who took down Cecil McCalla, Fernando Guerrero and Rabchenko in his last three contests, faces a tough challenge in the undefeated Hurd. The Detroit-native was unbeaten in his first 21 pro fights and recorded 10-straight knockouts between 2013 and 2015.

"I've been waiting on this for a long time. This the biggest shot of my life. It's like my son being born all over again,'' Harrison said. "This just made the fight that much more interesting. As a boxer this is what you dream of - the day you fight for a world title. Santa came early. We're both 26 years old. It's a dream come true for both of us. It doesn't change the approach. It just makes it much sweeter and puts that much more respect on the winner of this fight.''

"This is the moment every boxer dreams of, becoming the world champion,'' said Hurd. "I finally get that opportunity on the big stage - on the Deontay Wilder heavyweight championship card and on FOX in prime time on national TV. I'm blessed. I want to thank everyone for getting me to this point. Tony Harrison is a great fighter. It's not going to be an easy fight. Tony Harrison is top-level competition and I'm a top level competitor. Two great fighters going after something they want. But I have to say my pants are falling and I need my belt.''

Hurd fights out of Accokeek, Md., just south of Washington, D.C. and is perfect since entering the pro ranks in 2012. The 26-year-old defeated three straight unbeaten fighters, including a sixth-round stoppage of Frank Galarza in 2015 and a 10th round TKO over Oscar Molina in the co-main event of the Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter card in June 2016. Most recently, Hurd stopped former title challenger Jo Jo Dan in the sixth-round of their fight in November of last year, positioning himself to fight for the title.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and TBG Promotions in association with Bruno Event Team, start at $25 (not including applicable fees) and are on sale now. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster and by visiting AlabamaTitleFight.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/harrison-vs-hurd-now-ibf-world-title-jermall-charlo-vacates--113675

Who yall got??!!!!!!

I'm going with the kind of from area dude Hurd. Harrison can fight too.
    70d9775a4cfb1cc8116c47e3d6559cbe40c702543956c5d162c52ede8ee6c945.jpg
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurd bout to bring one home
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Hurd bout to bring one home

Hope so!
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Roy Jones fights tomorrow
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc8NCI0Kfic

Keith Thurman addresses Danny Garcia's father use of the word ? ...

that ? voice.... lol
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGcHcF0rmE

Granados' trainer won the press conference.. Lmao...
  • Mastery
    Options
    Adrien Broner vs. Adrian Granados and

David Avanesyan vs. Lamont Peterson

Tomorrow night on SHO.
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Roy Jones fighting now
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody think Granados gonna win?
  • Mastery
    Options
    For those of you picking Spence over Brook. Is it because he got touched vs GGG or were you going to pick him period?
  • Mastery
    Options
    https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/artur-beterbiev-sullivan-barrera-2/69839

Beterbiev fighting Barrera on April 21st in Miami.

@playmaker88

This is the eliminator to fight Ward/Kovalev. Let's get it!
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/virgil-hunter-jacobs-shock-golovkin-mentally-strong--113735
    Virgil Hunter: Jacobs Can Shock Golovkin, Has To Be Mentally Strong

By Miguel Rivera

Veteran trainer Virgil Hunter is giving Daniel Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) a very good shot to upset IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs).

Their HBO Pay-Per-View fight takes place on March 18th from Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Jacobs is trained by career coach Andre Rozier, but Hunter is assisting the team as an adviser.

Jacobs, who is the mandatory challenger to Golovkin's middleweight crown, is training for the fight of his life.

The once beaten Brooklyn fighter is viewed as the toughest test of Golovkin's career. Among the opponents on Golovkin's current resume, Jacobs is considered by a lot of expects to be the most talented and most capable of pulling off the upset.

Jacobs has won twelve in a row, all by knockout, since suffering his first career defeat at the hands of Dmitry Pirog in July of 2010.

Golovkin has stopped his last 23 opponents.

"I can not predict who's going to win. What I do know is that it's going to be a very difficult fight," Hunter said to ESPN Deportes. "We already know what Golovkin represents, he's a tremendous boxer, Very well prepared.

"Danny has the physical attributes to make a fight a lot more interesting [than Golovkin's past fights] and if he manages to do everything he knows, he can become an opponent who presents GGG a better opposition than what [he's had in the past]. I like [Jacobs'] speed, his power... it should result in a more interesting fight."

"[Jacobs winning] all depends on how the fight is played out.You can use a strategy in which you try to box him, but you must always be prepared to change the fight plan - because Golovkin has the attributes to win this fight. That's why Danny, in addition to bringing his physical-athletic conditions, his virtues as a boxer, must also arrive with the right mental attitude - something that he must keep intact from the first bell."

"But definitely Danny Jacobs has the right boxing qualities to win this fight."
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/virgil-hunter-what-canelo-doing-mockery-boxing--113723
    Virgil Hunter: What Canelo is Doing is a Mockery To Boxing!

By Miguel Rivera

Veteran trainer Virgil Hunter, who works with boxers like Andre Ward, Amir Khan, Andre Berto and several others, is not pleased with the way Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) is handling his career.

Last May at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Hunter worked the corner of Amir Khan, who moved up from the welterweight division to face Canelo at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. After starting off well in the early rounds, Khan was caught cold and knocked out in the sixth round.

This coming May, at the same Vegas venue, Canelo will face countryman Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at a catch-weight of 164.5-pounds. Chavez Jr. is coming down from the super middleweight limit of 168.

Hunter claims Canelo places unrealistic demands on his opponents, both from a financial and a physical standpoint. Khan wanted that fight at the junior middleweight limit of 154, but claims Canelo would not budge from 155.

"What Canelo is doing is a real mockery for boxing," said Hunter to ESPN Deportes.

"He can claim his right to be treated as the star of a promotion, what he can not demand is that he is considered among the best fighters [in the world], when for every fight he has all kinds of demands, he wants all kinds of concessions to the opponent. Truly, it is something unfortunate for boxing."

" As we all know, he is exercising his right to be considered the [A-side] in his bouts, because boxing is like this, and as long as he stays in control of that situation, to have that promotional advantage... what he is doing is a real mockery for boxing. Because when we talk about real boxers, they do not do that sort of thing."

Hunter is not in favor of the catch-weight being imposed on Chavez Jr. - who claimed that Canelo wanted a catch-weight of 164 and they finally agreed on 164.5 after weeks of negotiating the terms.

"Whenever a boxer is forced to drop so many pounds to make weight in a fight, he will pay a price. And from the moment Chavez agreed to fight at that weight, he has been in a precarious situation," Hunter said.

"If he is able to reach the weight gradually, without having to lose so many pounds at one time, and manages to recover properly after going on the scale - he may have some chance of winning. And if he manages to get in good physical condition, with enough energy to fight his fight, the fight can be more than interesting.

"But whenever the boxer undergoes a significant sacrifice to make weight, when he has to be squeezed, especially as in the case of Chavez who has not fought that often - it doesn't give you any indication of how well Junior will arrive in this fight or what he can offer against Canelo, who will be looking to maximize any advantage, however small it may be, to win the fight."
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got Broner Granados showing live free stream tonight on Showtime Boxing's twitter page, first time being done!