Update with more footage : Facebook Live Shooting

Options

Comments

• rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? sad man, I just can't no more I don't remember it being this bad, the reason I feel bad is becuz it's political not social, Andrew Holmes broke d own on tv today his lil cousin was the girl shot in the head and killed last week, she look just like him but a younger version and girl. The reason I feel bad is becuz every time this ? happens they call for the person to turn them self in, but it doesn't matter cuz the same thing just keep happening, it's like if u have roaches and u just keep stepping on them every time u see 1 that won't help the problem, ever time killing it's please turn yourself in but, that's not helping and I hate to say it but I think Andrew Holmes days numbered, I see him out and about all the time with no security or nothing, somebody gonna catch him lacking. I fully support what he doing but the people doing ? don't respect nothing
  • rebootx1
    Options
    Subscribe to the old head watch this video fully he will give u a understand ing of what's going on

3 Children Killed In 4 Days Amid Chicago Violence: http://youtu.be/7FNvvo6Qmz4
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    So let me get this straight the goverment is breakn down its own trains in the hood so poor blk people can steal em to ? other blk people...so are the gun serial #s shaved off? And the police or somebody with a camera make a vid like yo i just found a bazooka on mlk drive!!

So let me get this straight...the government is manufacturing drugs(? ) and distributing it into black communities so black peoples can sell each other poison??so are the drugs dropped in by airplane or shipped in by boat?(either way we don't own either) and nobody thinks to record phone conversations between the police and black person selling into the community via wiretap? Like yo let me record this just in case the Feds try to flip on me(freeway Ricky ross)...

Now I ain't saying grab tin foil and wrap it around ya head but let's not act like it's unheard of for these ? ? to do this ? ...they drop weapons off to rebels in other countries all the time, look at the photo with rebels in the Middle East with western military weapons and uniforms

President Richard Nixon advisor said the war on drugs was created to target black people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

By Tom LoBianco, CNN

Updated 3:14 PM ET, Thu March 24, 2016

Report: Aide says Nixon's war on drugs targeted blacks, hippies

(CNN) One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Ehrlichman's comment is the first time the war on drugs has been plainly characterized as a political assault designed to help Nixon win, and keep, the White House.

It's a stark departure from Nixon's public explanation for his first piece of legislation in the war on drugs, delivered in message to Congress in July 1969, which framed it as a response to an increase in heroin addiction and the rising use of marijuana and hallucinogens by students.

However, Nixon's political focus on white voters, the "Silent Majority," is well-known. And Nixon's derision for minorities in private is well-known from his White House recordings.

The comments come as there has been a marked shift in attitudes toward handling drug use -- ranging from the legalization of marijuana in various states to White House candidates focusing heavily on treatment as an answer to New Hampshire's heroin epidemic while they were campaigning across the state.

RELATED: 2016 candidates on the front lines of N.H. drug epidemic

Ehrlichman died in 1999, but his five children in questioned the veracity of the account.

"We never saw or heard anything from our dad, John Ehrlichman, that was derogatory about any person of color," wrote Peter Ehrlichman, Tom Ehrlichman, Jan Ehrlichman, Michael Ehrlichman and Jody E. Pineda in a statement provided to CNN.

"The 1994 alleged 'quote' we saw repeated in social media for the first time today does not square with what we know of our father. And collectively, that spans over 185 years of time with him," the Ehrlichman family wrote. "We do not subscribe to the alleged racist point of view that this writer now implies 22 years following the so-called interview of John and 16 years following our father's death, when dad can no longer respond. None of us have raised our kids that way, and that's because we were not raised that way."

Ehrlichman's comments did not surface until now after Baum remembered them while going back through old notes for the Harper's story. Baum said he had no reason to believe Ehrlichman was being dishonest and viewed them as "atonement" from a man long after his tumultuous run in the White House ended.

"I think Ehrlichman was waiting for someone to come and ask him. I think he felt bad about it. I think he had a lot to feel bad about, same with Egil Krogh, who was another Watergate guy." Baum told CNN.

Baum interviewed Ehrlichman and others for his 1996 book "Smoke and Mirrors," but said he left out the Ehrlichman comment from the book because it did not fit the narrative style focused on putting the readers in the middle of the backroom discussions themselves, without input from the author.

Baum equated Ehrlichman's admission with traumatic war stories that often take decades for veterans to talk about and said it clearly took time for Ehrlichman and other Nixon aides he interviewed to candidly explain the war on drugs.

"These guys, they knew they'd done bad things and they were glad finally when it was no longer going to cost them anything to be able to talk about it, to atone for it." Baum said. "Nobody goes in to public service, I don't think, on either side of the political aisle, to be repressive, to be evil. They go in because they care about the country."
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    So let me get this straight the goverment is breakn down its own trains in the hood so poor blk people can steal em to ? other blk people...so are the gun serial #s shaved off? And the police or somebody with a camera make a vid like yo i just found a bazooka on mlk drive!!

So let me get this straight...the government is manufacturing drugs(? ) and distributing it into black communities so black peoples can sell each other poison??so are the drugs dropped in by airplane or shipped in by boat?(either way we don't own either) and nobody thinks to record phone conversations between the police and black person selling into the community via wiretap? Like yo let me record this just in case the Feds try to flip on me(freeway Ricky ross)...

Now I ain't saying grab tin foil and wrap it around ya head but let's not act like it's unheard of for these ? ? to do this ? ...they drop weapons off to rebels in other countries all the time, look at the photo with rebels in the Middle East with western military weapons and uniforms

President Richard Nixon advisor said the war on drugs was created to target black people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

By Tom LoBianco, CNN

Updated 3:14 PM ET, Thu March 24, 2016

Report: Aide says Nixon's war on drugs targeted blacks, hippies

(CNN) One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Ehrlichman's comment is the first time the war on drugs has been plainly characterized as a political assault designed to help Nixon win, and keep, the White House.

It's a stark departure from Nixon's public explanation for his first piece of legislation in the war on drugs, delivered in message to Congress in July 1969, which framed it as a response to an increase in heroin addiction and the rising use of marijuana and hallucinogens by students.

However, Nixon's political focus on white voters, the "Silent Majority," is well-known. And Nixon's derision for minorities in private is well-known from his White House recordings.

The comments come as there has been a marked shift in attitudes toward handling drug use -- ranging from the legalization of marijuana in various states to White House candidates focusing heavily on treatment as an answer to New Hampshire's heroin epidemic while they were campaigning across the state.

RELATED: 2016 candidates on the front lines of N.H. drug epidemic

Ehrlichman died in 1999, but his five children in questioned the veracity of the account.

"We never saw or heard anything from our dad, John Ehrlichman, that was derogatory about any person of color," wrote Peter Ehrlichman, Tom Ehrlichman, Jan Ehrlichman, Michael Ehrlichman and Jody E. Pineda in a statement provided to CNN.

"The 1994 alleged 'quote' we saw repeated in social media for the first time today does not square with what we know of our father. And collectively, that spans over 185 years of time with him," the Ehrlichman family wrote. "We do not subscribe to the alleged racist point of view that this writer now implies 22 years following the so-called interview of John and 16 years following our father's death, when dad can no longer respond. None of us have raised our kids that way, and that's because we were not raised that way."

Ehrlichman's comments did not surface until now after Baum remembered them while going back through old notes for the Harper's story. Baum said he had no reason to believe Ehrlichman was being dishonest and viewed them as "atonement" from a man long after his tumultuous run in the White House ended.

"I think Ehrlichman was waiting for someone to come and ask him. I think he felt bad about it. I think he had a lot to feel bad about, same with Egil Krogh, who was another Watergate guy." Baum told CNN.

Baum interviewed Ehrlichman and others for his 1996 book "Smoke and Mirrors," but said he left out the Ehrlichman comment from the book because it did not fit the narrative style focused on putting the readers in the middle of the backroom discussions themselves, without input from the author.

Baum equated Ehrlichman's admission with traumatic war stories that often take decades for veterans to talk about and said it clearly took time for Ehrlichman and other Nixon aides he interviewed to candidly explain the war on drugs.

"These guys, they knew they'd done bad things and they were glad finally when it was no longer going to cost them anything to be able to talk about it, to atone for it." Baum said. "Nobody goes in to public service, I don't think, on either side of the political aisle, to be repressive, to be evil. They go in because they care about the country."

didn't hurt the hippies tho
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    rebootx1 wrote: »
    Subscribe to the old head watch this video fully he will give u a understand ing of what's going on

that's why parents are important. he just mad himself sound crazy.

if parwntscdont know, they need to understand they don't know.

the teachers is there to teach, not parent.

even if the teacher is not a good teacher, the parental influence should be above all. and the last voice of reason
  • rebootx1
    Options
    I don't agree with alot he is saying but alot he say in is tru, old head just a little under educated that's why he sound off, what he is saying is that we need much better schools, with better schools with better programs it will act as a second parent. I also agree the system has to be gutted that's why we see the same thing happening over. Like if u get termites u don't just do half your house u do the whole thing.u can't get better schools then don't have better jobs for people to go to, mark my words 20 years from now it will be the same thing. If u want change MOVE, I'm still here I know what to expect, and I'm gonna do 5 more years here max then I'm moving I'll be early 40 then I'm getting to old for this ?
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

even if the teacher is not a good teacher, the parental influence should be above all. and the last voice of reason

Have you read the Tipping Point? I ask because I understand your ideology, but the reality is that kids spend more time in schools and with their peers than with their parents. Gladwell gives an illustration of this phenomenon to imbue us with the understanding that everything can't be placed squarely on the shoulders of parents. Parental influence just isn't as strong in contemporary society and I'd surmise that's further exacerbated by the internet.

It's a good thought, but it's just not the reality and there is only so much you can do.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

Have you read the Tipping Point? I ask because I understand your ideology, but the reality is that kids spend more time in schools and with their peers than with their parents. Gladwell gives an illustration of this phenomenon to imbue us with the understanding that everything can't placed squarely on the shoulders of parents. Parental influence just isn't as strong in contemporary society and I'd surmise that's further exacerbated by the internet.

It's a good thought, but it's just not the reality and there is only so much you can do.

i beg to differ....while a kid will make their own decision when they are out in the street, a child with parents that have influence will worry about either disappointed parents because of their decision or the consequences of their actions once the parents find out.

once a child is not afraid of the parent....there is nothing the child will fear.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A gang member foregos killing a rival in Chicago because he was with his daughter. Wow, what a gentleman.

https://youtu.be/hb1bw8zlLTI

This guy is a gentleman
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    This is a Carmelo Anthony jab step in the right direction. Baby steps Chicago. Baby Steps.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IC used to be hilarious. This isn't hilarious.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    IC used to be hilarious. This isn't hilarious.

• rebootx1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Harsh reality u all like the lyrics but don't like the life that it's portrayed by ? hypocrits, it's funny how young jeezy glamorise the trap house and being a d boy, but his own son is enrolled in college, if that life is so good why not influence him to go to the trap house and make money ? college, Chicago just realer than most places.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harsh reality u all like the lyrics but don't like the life that it's portrayed by ? hypocrits, it's funny how young jeez glamorise the trap house and being a d boy, but his own son is enrolled in college, if that life is so good why not influence him to go to the trap house and make money ? college, Chicago just realer than most places

Because Jeezy went thru that so his son didn't have to go thru that.
  • rebootx1
    Options
    But he will teach your son to trap and sell, u see how that works
  • King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? was learning it way before Jeezy was conceived what's your point?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fatherless ? problems

My son gon learn from me. I'm not an absentee father
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If a rapper has more influence over the people present in their household, a bigger issue is in play.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    A gang member foregos killing a rival in Chicago because he was with his daughter. Wow, what a gentleman.

https://youtu.be/hb1bw8zlLTI

maybe I. the only one ...but uh..

dude didn't look to worried.... still got his daughter in the line of fire.

I would picked her up an had my back toward them ? .

the ? with his kid is a ? dumb ?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Anyone named Gangsta Mook probably belongs in a cage.

This got me dying
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from Florida and even I can ? on Chicago!!!!!