• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Nobody wants a Jay E album more than Jay E

https://youtu.be/iNUawL5m42A

lol sounding like some ish from a bull.

Him doing that big waving hand gesture was the moment I KNEW he was trolling.

Oh girl looked down at the ground like "damn, I wanna believe you, but there's no way I can simply smile and look you in the face while you tell me these lies" hahaha
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just think he´s crazy.
    Fosheezy wrote: »

Oh girl looked down at the ground like "damn, I wanna believe you, but there's no way I can simply smile and look you in the face while you tell me these lies" hahaha

After watching this I think he´s just crazy.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? needs to just nane the album "greatest story never told" n just leave it at that
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just think he´s crazy.
    Fosheezy wrote: »

After watching this I think he´s just crazy.

hes not crazy but i'm sure hes a character in real life.

• EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing missing from that video was a can of colt 45 in Jay's hand...This ? is officially "old ? status"..

That was painful to watch..

Jay E..my brother, as somebody who ? with your music..can you please drop the album or ? ..stop embarassing yourself,b..
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    R2_163 wrote: »

This video is hard to watch.

lol jay elec is a weird ?

eh. hes not that weird but his interviews seem to humanize him and break whatever mystique that surrounds him. in his raps, hes wise, cryptic, clever and insightful. then you watch him speak and he's all over the place with the stuttering, rambling and what not.

Sounds like a trust "artist" to me
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly think this ? just scared at this point
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

eh. hes not that weird but his interviews seem to humanize him and break whatever mystique that surrounds him. in his raps, hes wise, cryptic, clever and insightful. then you watch him speak and he's all over the place with the stuttering, rambling and what not.

Sounds like a trust "artist" to me

A what?
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? remind me of Uncle ? from Friday smh
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

I don't think that's the case.

This is an album that was made almost 10 years ago. It probably sounds out of place in today's soundscape, which could be a great thing or a terrible thing.

I'd hate for this album to come out after all this time and it be like Saigon's The Greatest Story Never Told. It was everything him and Just Blaze promised it would be but it came out wayyyyyyy after Saigon had his moment and when the sound of hip hop had already shifted.

No matter what, I believe in that ? Jay Electronica. I think he has something to say and it's important that one day, folks get to hear his message.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is an album that was made almost 10 years ago. It probably sounds out of place in today's soundscape, which could be a great thing or a terrible thing.

I'd hate for this album to come out after all this time and it be like Saigon's The Greatest Story Never Told. It was everything him and Just Blaze promised it would be but it came out wayyyyyyy after Saigon had his moment and when the sound of hip hop had already shifted.

No matter what, I believe in that ? Jay Electronica. I think he has something to say and it's important that one day, [/b]folks get to hear his message.

when is that day is the question
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is it.
  •  i ro ny
    Options

No matter what, I believe in that ? Jay Electronica. I think he has something to say and it's important that one day, [/b]folks get to hear his message.

when is that day is the question

Right..

But also look at the culture we in. Nobody appreciates ? . Once the ? is out, it's on to the next.

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thats interesting tho, do we want to know everything about our favorite artists and how they are, or should their work speak for itself

I like when artists stay low key cause it gives them mystique like you said. If I was a big name rapper I wouldnt explain ?

JD Salinger was one of the greatest writers ever and he wouldnt leave his house and refuse to speak to anybody. Shooting at reporters stalking him in front of his house and ? . Made him even more interesting to people
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

Thats interesting tho, do we want to know everything about our favorite artists and how they are, or should their work speak for itself

I like when artists stay low key cause it gives them mystique like you said. If I was a big name rapper I wouldnt explain ?

JD Salinger was one of the greatest writers ever and he wouldnt leave his house and refuse to speak to anybody. Shooting at reporters stalking him in front of his house and ? . Made him even more interesting to people

Exactly. If I were Jay Electronica, I wouldn't say ? .

Look at this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6cA010JeecE

That's a world a way from the guy in that complex interview.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yooooo this ? looks like he hit the the pipe seconds before she stuck the mic in his face.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea that hurt to watch. I dont know i think the compounding pressure of a decades worth of anticipation done melted him. He said it with his body language when talkin about how things change so fast that ? constantly gotta get scrapped to stay contemporary. He seemed wild animated, almost manic.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

Exactly. If I were Jay Electronica, I wouldn't say ? .

Look at this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6cA010JeecE

That's a world a way from the guy in that complex interview.

That's def not the same Jay E in that complex vid

Another spirit has definitely taken over...the ? ain't on his mystic ? no more..I don't know if ? with that Rothschild cave ? altered his frequency or something but he lost something..smh

Eye Wonder what made the dude regress back to a primitive watered down relegion like Islam..

It's confusing how a dude goes from rapping about heavy awakened occult ? to praising Allah..

All in all he can still rhyme tho..dude has to be one of the most enigmatic figures hip hop has ever seen
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all are still fiending for an album from this ? ?

He should go sit his self-important and indulgent azz somewhere... I've given up hope of him ever dropping an album

I occasionally play his released songs from time to time but...

I agree with @StoneColdMikey ... lock this muthafucking thread
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No matter what, I believe in that ? Jay Electronica. I think he has something to say and it's important that one day, folks get to hear his message.

But the question is why'd he even wait so long to where he has to deal with the scenario of the album being dated. ? I'm a big Jay E fan, I think he got GOAT potential. But he seems at this point to be the type of an extreme perfectionist that fears criticism. I been stopped waiting if it drop it drop, if it don't it don't. *shrugs*